Author Topic: Ability Hidden by Clouds  (Read 1743 times)

Offline PeliKan

• I'm a Warrior with a Pencil.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Ability Hidden by Clouds
« on: September 20, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
Hi,

First I want to tell you my english isn't perfect, ok so....

I would like to raise the matter with the beast "Hidden by Clouds"

When I have deployed two "Hidden by Clouds" I often want deploy by their ability two "Pack Leaders" but in most cases I deploy only one "Pack Leader" because I target the same one.

I do not know if you can do something about it, I would be very grateful.

Greetings

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Re: Ability Hidden by Clouds
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »
That's an interesting problem. Maybe selected characters should be reddened, like Xi does when selecting characters in the Grave for turning into Spirits?

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »
You have 2 Hidden by Clouds out, and you haven't won yet?  :o

Seriously though, there at the very least should be consistency with how the cards are displayed when you're pulling things from your deck.  If they always came up in the same order, then it would be easy enough to pick two different Pack Leaders.   It would make it easier to find the card you are looking for in a long list too, even picking just one.

Offline Screamindiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »
Yes unfortunately the deck is shuffled after each character you choose to bring out with HBC.

Offline PeliKan

• I'm a Warrior with a Pencil.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:13:08 PM »

I always play careful. Mass death, death ray etc. 15 morale is high cost

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 03:41:21 AM »

That's what Protector of the Dead is for.

Anyways, there's a few ways I could see this fixed.
1.) When the deck is opened for viewing (to select a card), list the cards in alphabetical order with same named cards sorted based on their order of being added to the deck (so it comes out in the same order every time.
2.) Have any cards previously targetted by an effect be marked in some way (either reddened or a new icon placed on the card).
3.) Have any cards targetted from the deck be removed from the deck till the start of the Resolution phase, thus cards can't be accidentally targetted twice.

This would also, incidently, fix Varyus as well.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 06:58:06 AM »

1.) When the deck is opened for viewing (to select a card), list the cards in alphabetical order with same named cards sorted based on their order of being added to the deck (so it comes out in the same order every time.
2.) Have any cards previously targetted by an effect be marked in some way (either reddened or a new icon placed on the card).
3.) Have any cards targetted from the deck be removed from the deck till the start of the Resolution phase, thus cards can't be accidentally targetted twice.

You mean, if Varyus isn't a Commander. Being a Commander restricts all cards to 1 copy each, so there would be no problem differentiating between 2 identical cards since there aren't any.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 08:01:22 AM »

You mean, if Varyus isn't a Commander. Being a Commander restricts all cards to 1 copy each, so there would be no problem differentiating between 2 identical cards since there aren't any.
Unless some sort of tokens are shuffled into your deck (for example, you use Gather Thoughts on the Scouting Drones created by Scouting Mission or you get a second copy of something with an Uncontrolled Rift then shuffle it into your deck with the Trading Post)

________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »
This happens when you target any of the same card in the deck. For example, if you use 2 cartographer in 1 turn, you get to pick which location but I don't know if it shuffles or what, I've always only gotten 1 location in return.

Offline RawrKyoko

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 08:30:54 PM »
I noticed this too with Dark Wish. Cast it twice picked Annihilate second time picked second Annihilate only got one.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »
Yes, all of these search cards will shuffle the deck each time before showing you so the only guaranteed way of getting 2 of the one card is to have them of varying Premium Type. If you have a Gold Annihilate and a Normal one, you can see the difference and be sure to pick both.