Author Topic: Veroria Bug  (Read 2680 times)

Offline ap0

• If I could merge the Mundane and the Magic....
    • View Profile
Re: Veroria Bug
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 06:41:41 AM »
You seem to think that getting countered should be free. There are no cards in the game where if you counter them before their effects go off, they refund the cost. This Keep should be no different. That your location is a playable ability is completely irrelevant. All other locations with playable abilities also charge regardless of whether they get destroyed or not. See Hellmouth, Breeding Ground, etc.

I had initiative, the effect already happened. Nowhere does the card say it needs to remain in play for the effect to work.

Lets compare:

Hellmouth w/ initiative:
1. Ability activated
2. Demons spawn
3. It gets destroyed
4. Your effect (Demons) don't leave

Veroria w/ initiative:
1. ability activated
2. 10hp taken
3. it gets destroyed
4. Half of your effect (10hp) stays, while the other (not being attacked) is canceled. (nowhere does the card state it needs to stay in play to work, just like hellmouth)

Hellmouth w/o init
1. Destroyed
2. Ability activated
3. nothing happens, was countered.

Veroria w/o init
1. destroyed
2. ability activated
3. nothing happens, was countered.

If veroria is destroyed, regardless of turn order and initiative, the effect goes away.
If hellmouth is destroyed, the effect does not get canceled unless you lack initiative.

Here's an example for you on card mechanics.
If there's a card that says:
Pay 3, all characters you have get +1/+1 this turn.
1. You activate it
2. buffer gets destroyed
3. Characters keep buff(til end of turn, duh), because there's no reason they shouldn't. The effect was activated on your initiative.

Now it would be completely different if the card said:
Pay 3, all characters you have get +1/+1 this turn, as long as [BUFFER] is alive.
1. you activate it
2. destroyed
3. chars lose buff (condition was removed/not met)

Now that you (hopefully) understand card mechanics and initiative...

Veroria has NO card text stating it needs to be kept in play after it is activated.
Therefore, it's safe to assume that the effect will last until the end of turn, no matter what, as long as it is activated before it's destroyed.

You seem to think that Veroria is a passive ability. It's not. It's activated.

I'll break it down even more so you understand.
My numbers are the order events happen in the turn
1. I pay 10 health to activate the ability (Now I will meet the requirement)
2. Ability is activated (Requirement met)
3. Veroria destroyed (I already met my requirement, so the effect should still stay)
4. Opponent attacks me and disregards that I still have all of the requirements met.

Now lets look at another location (hellmouth)
1. I pay 6(?) resources to activate the ability (Now I will meet the requirement)
2. Ability is activated, Demons spawned (Requirement met)
3. hellmouth destroyed (I already met my requirement, so the effect/creatures stay)
4. Demons are randomly removed from the game for no reason. (No, this step doesn't actually happen! It would be ridiculous to think so! But veroria's effect is randomly removed from the game for no reason when it's destroyed, so if you think the demons should stay, then you think veroria's effects should stay!)

FOR ANY OTHER CARD, if you activate its ability on your initiative, you will always get the effect stated on the card. But not with Veroria! You activate the ability, and then it's just disregarded if its destroyed! That's either: A) A bug with how the card works, or B) Misleading/incorrect card text.

Proposals:
A) Update the card's ability to have its ability match the text.
or
B) Update the card's text to have its text match the ability.
(ex: Pay 10 health, If Veroria is still in play during the combat phase, then your opponent can't attack your fortress.)

Quote from: knives
Coding wise- I think they simply extended the old Vevoria effect and lower the attacker limit with an if clause. If vevoria activates, -10hp and 0 attackers allowed. So, the old coding where vevoria works only deployed is till in effect...shouldn't be a hard fix but does make it more complicated.

Exactly my thoughts on this. It is an activated ability working like the old passive one did.

Offline ap0

• If I could merge the Mundane and the Magic....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
bump.

Any word?

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 01:27:10 AM »
its a bug that wasnt fixed, like how track still targets untargetable characters. (or at least text issue)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54:53 PM »
This post was just shown to me.

With all due respect, Ap0, I appreciate the report but this isn't the way to report bugs. I'll take the info in here and generate a report for you.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.