On the one hand, other locations lose their effects if they get destroyed, on the other, you did play it on your priority. I kinda don't know which way it should go, pretty much either side has valid points, and would need to be decided by how the devs want the game to be like.
Well half of the effect stays even after it's destroyed(losing 10hp).
The way that the card is worded currently doesn't state that it needs to be kept in play.
"Your opponent cannot attack you this turn." Now, it doesn't have any if's / or's / but's. It's stated as an absolute that my opponent "cannot attack [me] this turn".
Either card text needs to be updated, or the card fixed.
Also; the locations effects only get removed if they're a passive
effect. You don't see cards buffed by Lanstead debuffed after Lanstead is destroyed.
It makes no sense for the way it is now to be the way intended.
Activated abilities' effects stay in play(for however long the card specifies), even after the permanent is gone. Whereas passive buffs/debuffs are removed.
1. Aleta, Immortal Caretaker buffs a unit
2. Aleta, Immortal Caretaker is destroyed
3. Effect remains in play/Character keeps buff. (Because the effect happened before it was destroyed)
1. Pack Leader is in play
2. Pack leader is destroyed
3. Effect is removed (because the card is no longer deployed)
If you have a pack leader and it is destroyed, everything instantly loses its buff, because it was a passive effect of pack leader.
This can be shown by other locations, not just characters.
1. Lanstead "activates" and buffs a character
2. lanstead is destroyed
3. Effect remains in play/Character remains buffed. (Because the effect happened before it was destroyed)
1. Corrupted forest's "passive" is active
2. Corrupted forest is destroyed
3. Effect is removed because it's a passive. (it's no longer deployed)
However, Veroria has an activated ability, and that ability should remain in play until end of turn.
This can also be monitored with ability cards
1. Play brutality on creature
2. Opponent attacks with Soldier of purity and removes brutality from the game
3. creature keeps buff from brutality (until specified end time) because it's an activated ability
1. Play Rampant Virus
2. Opponent attacks with Soldier of Purity and removes Rampant virus from the game
3. Rampant virus doesn't trigger because it's a passive ability.