Author Topic: In the immediate future of Infinity Wars  (Read 16159 times)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
In the immediate future of Infinity Wars
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:53:42 PM »
Weekly stream/content schedule, Tournament Finals stream, 4 week outlook for Best of 3's and Sideboards, Ranking Reset, Reset Tournament, Forum Skin!

So there's a lot on our plate right now, let's have a little chat about what's going on.

Weekly Stream/Content Schedule

In the effort of wanting to do more with our Twitch channel, we're going to be doing weekly streams and adding some new content with the broadcast.

The first thing you'll notice is a new button in the information panels at the bottom of the page. This button gives you the ability to show us a deck that you're really proud of and want to show off, by simply creating the deck on Infinite Network then sending us the link in that Google form.

Every week we'll go over some decks with a panel of judges and decide which one is the winner for that week. The winner will receive in-game prizes!

We'll also be doing a Tournament every single weekend (with some very strict rules) for prizes as well! So the weekly streams are going to get a lot more fun and content creative. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to mix in some more Command Swaps every now and then.

Join us every weekend on our Official Twitch Channel!

Times will be 3 different sessions. One for Australia, One for the States, and one for our European fans.

9pm - 11pm (GMT+0) EU

4pm - 6pm (PST)  NA

2pm - 4pm (AEST) AUS

This is a Saturday for NA and EU, Sunday for AUS. Trying to encompass as many timezones as possible here. This will begin Saturday the 26th.

Tournament Finals Stream

The IWGOLD Tournament Final Matches are underway. The matches are not having their results disclosed, as we're getting them recorded. I will be acting as color commentator, and will be live streaming myself and a community peer watching the finals while we talk about what we're seeing. Once I have the videos in hand we'll announce the date and time of the stream!

Best of 3's, Sideboards, Ranked Reset, Reset Tournament!

We're currently looking at a 4 week timeframe for BO3's, Sideboards, and a Ranked Reset. About 1-2 weeks for our team to put the finishing touches on the system, then we'll test it heavily with the Infinity Council for about 2 weeks after that. Once that's done, it'll be on live. Shortly after we apply this new feature to the live server, we'll also be resetting the rankings across the constructed board.

There's something else you should know.

We're going to be sending an e-mail out to the Top 50 Constructed players this week. What should you know? That e-mail will be informing those players that we'll be hosting another tournament, however this will ONLY be for the Top 8 active players at the time of the reset. Only those 8 players will be invited to the tournament to prove their mettle. Prepare thyselves for the reset!

Forum Skin!

Aleta's Archive creator Rhapsydian is doing a couple wonderful things for us at Lightmare. The very first one you'll have in front of you is the Forum Skin! Here's a preview of the concept of the new forum makeover, it's not going to be exact because this is done in Photoshop, but Rhapsydian is doing an amazing job thus far.

Here's the preview! http://i.imgur.com/HVAP4Tv.png

#ForumHype

Thanks everyone! Here's to the future of Infinity Wars and this great community.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
Re: In the immediate future of Infinity Wars
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
SWEEEEEEEEEET, and first.
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »
Weekly stream
Really glad there are three different stream sessions. The deck judgement seems like an interesting idea too.
(Shame I can't submit my Auxillary Angel deck, but oh well)

Tournament finals
That should be interesting to see.
Well, depending on the decks (*cough*)

Ranked stuff
4 weeks, huh?
Well, sideboards and BO3 might actually get me into ranked.
Or will they be available outside ranked as well? I can't actually remember.

Forums
Not a huge fan of the new layout, to be honest. 2/3 of the screen area is used for the background only, font size seems a bit too small for the size of the buttons and then there's that huge space between where the subforums and the threads are.
Still, it's better than what we have now, by quite a long shot.

Also, who's the guy in the background?

Edit: Cool, second, not bad.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline -tHeGaMe-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »
A reason to stop my rating from decaying? :D time to get that rating back up!

Time to play -tHeGaMe-

Offline Crimes

• RIPRNGstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
Didn't you recently announce that you were not going to reset ranking? or did I make that up? Either way Im curious as to why the reset. I'm guessing our MMR stay the same, meaning I'll still get long ques in normal...

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 09:36:29 PM »
Didn't you recently announce that you were not going to reset ranking? or did I make that up? Either way Im curious as to why the reset. I'm guessing our MMR stay the same, meaning I'll still get long ques in normal...

I stated that the *original* plan was to reset rankings with the gold launch, however there was nothing different about the system. We needed to wait for BO3/Sideboards in order to reset it. *Everything* will be wiped. This is because the old system is stale and must be reset so that everything can progress naturally rather than through forced efforts.

I make this game, James.

Offline Crimes

• RIPRNGstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »
I stated that the *original* plan was to reset rankings with the gold launch, however there was nothing different about the system. We needed to wait for BO3/Sideboards in order to reset it. *Everything* will be wiped. This is because the old system is stale and must be reset so that everything can progress naturally rather than through forced efforts.
Yay fresh mmr. Sounds like some great stuff incoming that will get me playing a lot more, thanks terror moose.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »
I find it a little funny that there is gonna be some sort of tourney based on ranking when the meta is currently at its worst, least skill based form since I started playing.
Follow your...

Offline LeCriminale

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 11:13:30 PM »
I find it a little funny that there is gonna be some sort of tourney based on ranking when the meta is currently at its worst, least skill based form since I started playing.

How do you quantify skill? On what metric are you measuring the level of skillfulness present in the game?

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »

And I'm sure it will happen again in the future as well. Things go in fluctuations bud. There will be a lot more tournaments and competition coming up, and once these features go off/Order is released there will be a large natural shift. We'll see how it goes.

I make this game, James.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 11:24:50 PM »

How do you quantify skill? On what metric are you measuring the level of skillfulness present in the game?

you can compare how much card/player interaction/counterplay oppontunities it takes among the varying deck archetypes currently present with those of the past, as well as how much thought is required in playing certain cards now vs the past. I'll qualify my statement as my own opinion into the meta , but I also don't think it takes much insight or experience into the game to make this sort of statement as a objective fact on the state of the game. In addition with the removal of the only actual direct player mind games with the removal of the end turn indicator ( something else I consider a fact, there hasn't been one legit direct counter to this statement) , it only adds to how much less skill is required in constructed.
Follow your...

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 11:27:43 PM »

And I'm sure it will happen again in the future as well. Things go in fluctuations bud. There will be a lot more tournaments and competition coming up, and once these features go off/Order is released there will be a large natural shift. We'll see how it goes.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't consider statements such as  "wait for the next set" to be acceptable to me anymore, not since infestation was released. It's basically a placating statement that doesn't offer anything valuable now. It's been the ongoing excuse/answer to all problems in the game since I started playing, and it's strength as an answer has diminished completely to me.
At least the pace of new content into the game that doesn't have to do with new sets have increased, though I don't really care much for bo3s in ranked as a measure of skill either, though I'll wait for it to be implemented before passing final judgement on what ya'll are doing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:29:38 PM by Heart »
Follow your...

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't consider statements such as  "wait for the next set" to be acceptable to me anymore, not since infestation was released. It's basically a placating statement that doesn't offer anything valuable now. It's been the ongoing excuse/answer to all problems in the game since I started playing, and it's strength as an answer has diminished completely to me.
At least the pace of new content into the game that doesn't have to do with new sets have increased, though I don't really care much for bo3s in ranked as a measure of skill either, though I'll wait for it to be implemented before passing final judgement on what ya'll are doing.

That was an extremely aggressive and unnecessary statement.

At no point have I said "Hey, new sets fix everything. Yay sunshine and rainbows and butterflies."

That's not how balance works. I'd appreciate if you remembered *all* of my statements rather than the flavor of the day. I respond to each sentiment singularly, I don't have one generic response that I give to everyone who ever says they don't like something.

You'd be one of the first people to know that.

I make this game, James.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 12:19:18 AM »

That was an extremely aggressive and unnecessary statement.

At no point have I said "Hey, new sets fix everything. Yay sunshine and rainbows and butterflies."

That's not how balance works. I'd appreciate if you remembered *all* of my statements rather than the flavor of the day. I respond to each sentiment singularly, I don't have one generic response that I give to everyone who ever says they don't like something.

You'd be one of the first people to know that.

I didn't say that it was "your" repeated answer to everything, I said that it was the commonly held answer spouted by a majority of people. For example, like 1 hour in global and you hear any complaint, a lot of people will jump in to say something like, "just wait for the next set" "the next set should balance the game more" etc etc. It's been like that since I started playing with rise and people would point to infestation to finally flesh out the game and bring a more balanced state of game.
Follow your...

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 12:52:26 AM »
That's the majority of player perception, I agree. Just remember that what the community says and what we're doing can very often be different things. Not in theory, but in actual execution.

It's not easy to juggle all the info at all times. ^.^

I make this game, James.