Author Topic: Inter-Dimensional Phase Bot  (Read 1772 times)

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
Inter-Dimensional Phase Bot
« on: September 13, 2014, 03:40:40 PM »
At the moment I see not a single way to play him in constructed whithout losing 90% of the times. A few ideas I have to make him more viable. Feel free to discuss everything and post own opinions:

1. Switch the activating cost and the card cost: 6 to play him and 8 to clone him.

2. Change his cost to 6.

Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline Screamindiz

• View Profile
Re: Inter-Dimensional Phase Bot
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »
It is difficult to make this card effective as it takes a long time to build up to having enough out to make much difference, and it is very resource intensive.  He can be a great blocker since you can keep one in the defense zone to eat incoming smaller assaulting characters while using his effect to maintain his presence in the zone.  If you can manage to survive long enough to get several out at once cards like Controlled Temporal Anomaly and Mass Reality Shift can quickly create a massive board presence.  I find it most effective at creating a large board advantage following a Calamity, but again the difficulty in getting enough of them on the field to make much difference is the main drawback.  The card itself is very counterintuitive to the standard GI buff tactic as you can't really keep any buffs on them as you bounce them out of play to take advantage of the cards main mechanic.  Another drawback I have seen in the past is the randomness with which CTA and Mass Shift actually proc the effects of the card, but having not played them for a few patches I don't know if this has been fixed or not.

Offline Abyss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 11:40:32 PM »
IPB is actually pretty good if it going. Yeah, it's expensive, but that's an issue with a ton of cards in the game and is mainly a meta issue. Reducing the cost isn't really going to help.

If you want to use it, you can try for a GI 2/Sleepers 1 deck. Bury IPB, and it creates infinite fodder for 'remove from graveyard' effects - it replaces itself in any zone. Then you can resurrect it with Awaken for cheaper than playing it normally.

Offline Screamindiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »
I agree with Abyss on that. My Phasebot deck is splashed with Sleepers for the bury/awaken combo to get at least one out quicker to start the flood.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »
and it creates infinite fodder for 'remove from graveyard' effects - it replaces itself in any zone.
Wall of Dead Phase Bots new meta.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 01:42:06 AM »
and it creates infinite fodder for 'remove from graveyard' effects - it replaces itself in any zone.

Since a new copy is created at the "new" spot, that means it'll be on top. This means that any more than 5 damage and you'll lose the new copy.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 03:02:29 AM »
Since a new copy is created at the "new" spot, that means it'll be on top. This means that any more than 5 damage and you'll lose the new copy.
But the new copy will create another new copy, no?

Offline Abyss

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »
Tried it. It doesn't actually work. For some reason.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 07:08:05 AM »
it's not the actual card, but the meta it's self being to fast for it :P

I have seen some evelee/phase bot decks that are pretty neat, but with all the aoe going around your nobles aren't safe at all :(

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 08:07:31 AM »
Eve phasebot is kinda fun, recruting stuff for 1 res. Lucca procs when recruited too, which is a huge bonus.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 08:27:42 PM »
But the new copy will create another new copy, no?

Nope. Not sure if it's related to this, but I used to run into a glitch based on order the cards were loaded where CTA would remove the Phase-Bot and it wouldn't create another one. Once the turn ended though? Not only did the original return, but so did another one. Not sure that this is in the same vein, but it sounds like the same issue. Of course, since it's not coming back any time soon, neither will the copy it's supposed to make if this is indeed the same problem.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
So, since phasebot is acting strange, I figured I'd check some cases that remove stuff from the graveyard.

Phasebot DOESN'T copy itself if removed by: Purify (from deck, hand or GY), Cheryl, Wall of the Dead

Phasebot DOES copy itself if removed by: Soldier of Purity, Xi, Precautionary Measures, Grave Rob

So far not tested: Immortal Sufferer, Architect Orion
I can't test these myself as I don't have them. Feel free to do my work for me :P

Edit: Ooh, 100th post.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:35:07 PM by Pjoelj »
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
Actually, Wall of the Dead does work on Phase-bot last I tested. I haven't done a recent test on this, but if you take 5 damage or less then there should be a copy of it.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »
Actually, Wall of the Dead does work on Phase-bot last I tested. I haven't done a recent test on this, but if you take 5 damage or less then there should be a copy of it.
I tried it just a few minutes ago, taking 2 damage from a Support Drone. I ended up with no phasebots in my graveyard.

Edit: I just tried it again, just to be sure. With 2 phasebots and no other Characters in my graveyard and a deployed Wall of the Dead, I was attacked by a Diseased Zombie (4 power). The damage was reduced to 0, a phasebot was removed from my graveyard and no new phasebot was created. Then, on another turn, I was attacked by a 5 power construct (from Splitter bot). I had a single phasebot and no other Characters in my Graveyard. The damage was reduced to 0, the phasebot was removed from my graveyard and no new phasebot was created.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:42:13 PM by Pjoelj »
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!