Author Topic: Card text update. 10/09/2014  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Poga

• QA and Design
    • View Profile
Card text update. 10/09/2014
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:02:10 AM »
The following changes are text only, to increase consistency or clarity. The actual effects of the cards have not been altered.

Unending Drone
“At the start of each turn, Unending Drone raises one other Unending Drone to your Support Zone.”
Has been changed to...
“At the start of each turn, Unending Drone raises one other Unending Drone from your Graveyard to your Support Zone.”

Verore Channeller
“When you play Verore Channeller, choose target Character. While Verore Channeller is on the Battlefield, target Character has +5/+2.”
Has been changed to...
“When you deploy Verore Channeller, choose target Character. While Verore Channeller is deployed, target Character has +5/+2.”

Cartographer
“When you deploy Cartographer, target Location card in your Deck is placed into your Hand.”
Has been changed to...
“When you deploy Cartographer, target Location card in your Deck is shown to your opponent, then placed into your Hand.”

Explore
“If you do not control a Location card, search your Deck for a Location card and put it into your Hand. If you control a Location card, draw 2 cards.”
Has been changed to...
“If you do not control a Location card, target Location card in your Deck is shown to your opponent, then placed into your Hand. If you control a Location card, draw 2 cards.”

Gowron
“At the end of the turn, if Gowron has taken damage this turn, he creates an 11/10 Yan-Isleth in the Support Zone.”
Has been changed to...
“At the end of the turn, if Gowron is deployed and has taken damage this turn, he creates an 11/10 Yan-Isleth in the Support Zone.”

Breeding Grounds
“Exhaust Breeding Grounds and two target Beast Characters you control: Breeding Grounds creates a 6/6 Beast.”
Has been changed to...
“Exhaust Breeding Grounds and two target deployed Beast Characters you control: Breeding Grounds creates a 6/6 Beast.”

Ultra-Unit
“As an additional cost to playing Ultra-Unit, sacrifice a deployed Mega Unit 1, Mega Unit 2 and Mega Unit 3. All deployed Characters are killed and a 72/72 Artificial Character with Shield 2 and Unstoppable is created in your Support Zone.”
Has been changed to...
“As an additional cost to playing Ultra-Unit, sacrifice a deployed Mega Unit 01, Mega Unit 02 and Mega Unit 03. All deployed Characters are killed and a 72/72 Artificial Character with Shield 2 and Unstoppable is created in your Support Zone.”

We are constantly reviewing card text, and understand there is still more work to be done. We appreciate your feedback as always and will continue to work towards a more complete, consistent experience.
James.. I make this game.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Re: Card text update. 10/09/2014
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:56:38 AM »
I'm not sure if Varyus shows the card selected form the deck to the opponent, never tested him from the opponent's point of view. If so, his text should also be changed to match Cartographer and Explore.

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:15:58 AM »
And what about Mad Monk?

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:16:29 AM »
I'm not sure if Varyus shows the card selected form the deck to the opponent, never tested him from the opponent's point of view. If so, his text should also be changed to match Cartographer and Explore.

He does.

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 09:30:48 AM »
Another card in significant need of a clarity update is Harahel. He states that while he is ascended he gives all your characters +2/+2, when actually he only gives the boost to deployed characters. Even more importantly, nothing in his text states that he must be deployed to grant his bonus.

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »
That explains why Unending Drone never seemed to work for me. Very welcome clarification.

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 10:20:50 AM »
A couple of other text change suggestions:

Sacculas: Text talks about "each opponent's fortress", suggesting games with more than two players. That might be your plan for the future but at the moment it's confusing.

Radariah: "if she is alone" could be clarified. I believe it means "alone in the Attack Zone".

Immolation Drone: Missing apostrophe on "opponents". Trivial I know, but it looks unprofessional.

Offline MrSinister

• Why cant i hold all this cheese ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »
Radariah and Immolation Drone could indeed profit from a little bit more clarity.
As for Sacculas , i dont see why this should be confusing. It states that "every enemy fortess" takes damage.
And thats literally what happens. If you have only one oponent only one enemy fortess will take damage :p

Offline kingmobmaskreplica

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »
If people have wording suggestions for other cards please feel free to contribute them to this forum topic I created a while ago.
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=62509.0
There are quite extensive comments and suggestions on card wordings here.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
Sacculas: Text talks about "each opponent's fortress", suggesting games with more than two players. That might be your plan for the future but at the moment it's confusing.

Yeah, same thing happens with Vasir, the Chained Prince, the card says 'Each turn Vasir is deployed, your opponent must pay 5. If any do not, Vasir becomes Unchained'. I think it was meant to address more than one player, but at the moment it's confusing. Also, for the sake of clarification, it should also say 'must pay 5 resources.'

Offline nickellicker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:04:58 PM »
Multiple cards have had their text changed to state the card will be shown to their opponent.  Others cards that are very similar in nature like Aleta's Discovery / Dark Wish etc... did not receive a text update.  Is LM still reviewing if they want the cards pulled from these abilities to be shown or not?  Currently they are shown to the opponent and could have easily had their text updated with the rest of these cards.

Offline nickellicker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 01:06:51 AM »
Hope this topic isn't being ignored after the information was dumped here.  I understand that text is constantly being reviewed but if these changes didn't affect cards that exhibit the same behavior there has to be an answer one way or the other.