Author Topic: Order Preview Card: Wolf  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Oeilduciel

• View Profile
Re: Order Preview Card: Wolf
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »
I got this card today and i don't really understand why you think of it as a fundamentaly bad card.
Ok by itself it's not terrible, but my deck has the defiant ermit and aleta the caretaker as commander, and when i draw this wolf i use them to obtain a 6/10 card ready for this turn.
Ok at the end it cost me 5 but i obtained a card which was helpful in my game. For me it's not a bad card, but an average one.

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
That is pretty much the only situation where the wolf is better than the rabbit (quite funny, huh?), in Hermit decks. The fact that the little rabid guy interacts strangely with buffing makes it so that the wolf is slightly more reliable then him.
Aside from that, and not being able to die because of a zom-b-gone (really?), the rabbit should be  more efficient than the wolf.

And yeah, the name sucks and the art is very disturbing :/

wham

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
I will be adding these to my hermit deck, warpath can never have too many haste cards and I feel that this one would even be pretty good in pack leader based warpath.

Haste stronk

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 06:38:11 AM »
Haste stronk
I concur, +1

Nothing beats the element of surprise in IW.

Offline bullno1

• View Profile
    • bullno1
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
Also, the art is pretty sub-par if you ask me. The art style is meh, the animation is completely underwhelming, and it's eyes make it look like it's mentally handicapped or something.

May I suggest alternate art?

Also, Wolf? That's the best they could come up with? Not Hungry Wolf or War Wolf or Loser Wolf? Are they even trying?

Wolfe
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:18:19 AM by bullno1 »

Offline Stingeris

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 03:00:20 PM »
This is viable in breeder and Hermit decks.  Not a good option for 80% other decks but haste gives flexibility along with WP buffs from hermit/ and pack leaders.

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
This is viable in breeder and Hermit decks.  Not a good option for 80% other decks but haste gives flexibility along with WP buffs from hermit/ and pack leaders.

If it has haste, then upon deployment, you'd be able to breed it that turn and buff it with hermit so not only viable, but fantastic. At least this card will make rift run WP a bit less late game.