Author Topic: Warped Swarmer's Ability and Infect: Bug or Intended?  (Read 904 times)

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Warped Swarmer's Ability and Infect: Bug or Intended?
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »
Once, I faced an opponent who had 2 Warped Swarmers and a squad of Survival Swarmers on the Battlefield, and an Infected Swarmer in Support. When he played Winds of War, killing all his Swarmers on the Battlefield and all my characters as well, guess what? All my characters were Infected, and went to the opponent's Support Zone.

Is this even meant to happen? I mean technically the Warped Swarmers did kill my characters, no doubt about that, but is this indirect damage supposed to activate Infect?

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
Re: Warped Swarmer's Ability and Infect: Bug or Intended?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
I'm fairly sure this is indeed intended, just like Boomy with Kyrallic out, can take over the opposing line if it's weak enough.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
If you were to use Undead Corruption on a character that does non-combat damageand you have Kyrallic then you would still see this sort of shenanigans happen as far as I know. If this was unintended, then I'm pretty sure Nysrugh's consume wouldn't proc from Sacrificing a character since he did technically kill the other character with his effect. As far as technicality is concerned, it's the same idea.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:41:56 PM by JSlayerXero »
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »
Intended.
Whenever a card with infect destroys another card, the controller of the card with infect gains control of the destroyed card.
No matter whether it's combat damage, non-combat damage or even non-damage removal.

And, yes, that actually includes Consecrating Angel and Wreckful Walrus destroying Locations and Artifacts respectively (which can let you end up with multiple copies of unique artifacts, or even multiple locations). I've tried it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:17:27 PM by Pjoelj »
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »
And, yes, that actually includes Consecrating Angel and Wreckful Walrus destroying Locations and Artifacts respectively (which can let you end up with multiple copies of unique artifacts, or even multiple locations). I've tried it.
I'm not even sure if this is intended. Oh, and I believe there's a significant difference between whether you can do it and whether it's intended. Thanks for your response anyway.

Thanks for all the replies, but could a dev spare the time to reply to this? I appreciate official information more.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 02:14:19 PM »
I'm not even sure if this is intended. Oh, and I believe there's a significant difference between whether you can do it and whether it's intended. Thanks for your response anyway.

Thanks for all the replies, but could a dev spare the time to reply to this? I appreciate official information more.
Yeah, that second part almost certainly isn't intended, since the description for infect states "Characters". I just thought it was interesting is all, though I could've been clearer about that.
However, the description states that infect triggers whenever a Character with infect kills another Character – it doesn't mention how they have to kill it.

Then again, said description states that the stolen character gains slow, and the way it's worded it should work on your own characters as well (which wasn't intended but actually used to be possible) so a response from a dev would be nice.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!