Author Topic: Infinity Wars "Gold" Status  (Read 26461 times)

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars "Gold" Status
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 06:57:24 AM »
Congratulations!!!  ;D

But, please, please, please, please, please, please, before taking off the BETA tag you really must fix the Swarmer Memory Leak and the Fullscreen resolution bugs.

If those 2 still exist in Gold, the game than will not have the BETA tag but it WILL be in a BETA state.

Sincerely, congratulations once more! Been playing the game for 8 months now and I don't plan on stopping.  :)

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 06:58:33 AM »
yey~

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 06:59:50 AM »
well, I wish the game for the best... I can't help but feel this'll be a mistake.
How can finalizing a product be a mistake? Isn't that the point of development?
I was talking about when it happens. It might very well not be a mistake, but we shall see. If the game gets finalized and gets slammed, then we shall have our answer. Even a single bug can leave a bad impression for a game.
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 07:03:39 AM »
This news, combined with the pace and progression of taking into consideration various forms of player feedback in the latest patch, etc, is such a wonderful thing to see from a development studio. I'm really, really looking forward to the various things Lightmare has planned for the future of Infinity Wars.

Also, as a relatively laid back player myself, I can tell you that this game honestly could attract a larger amount of casual players than you might expect. By "casual", I don't mean people who join the game, play a few times, then never log off. I mean casual in the sense that they play the game and aren't always driven to play the latest and greatest strategy if they can help it, nor are they really deeply into the theory behind the game.

The universe you guys have developed here is pretty interesting from a story telling perspective, and I definitely hope to see the evolution of the universe continue in the coming weeks and months. I could definitely see something like "Faction Skirmish" events becoming a thing, driven by the in-game lore. Special events tend to smooth over the pacing of the game, along with attracting and interesting a diverse group of players vs if you just have single elimination tournaments all the time.

But yeah, don't write off market segments just yet, and don't forget that all parts of a game are important. I'll definitely be making some in-game purchases when I have the money, in order to support the devs.

Good luck, Lightmare!

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 07:12:55 AM »
in regards to the rift run rewards, is that limited JUST to the rift runs, or are you reworking the rewards as a whole?
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »
in regards to the rift run rewards, is that limited JUST to the rift runs, or are you reworking the rewards as a whole?

I can't discuss the entirety of the concept just yet. Rift Runs are what's being worked on right now. When the rest of the game is re-worked, we will evaluate what needs to happen at that time. I can't provide any more information than that right now.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline robbiesla

• "Player Experience Designer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 07:24:50 AM »

I can't discuss the entirety of the concept just yet. Rift Runs are what's being worked on right now. When the rest of the game is re-worked, we will evaluate what needs to happen at that time. I can't provide any more information than that right now.

Other rewards are definitely on the agenda with the new rift run rewards raising the bar, but that time isn't right now.

Offline LF_Antrider

• View Profile
    • L. F. Infinity Wars
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:55 AM »
Yay!  I say go for it guys!  Hopefully there's quite a few people that want to join because of the lost Beta tag, although for me personally, I wanted to get in on this game before it was officially released.  I trust that you all will keep working hard to make the game better and I think your head's straight on as far as who your audience is and whatnot.  I will keep bringing people in fo sho! :P

Thanks for also not taking my rank away, lol!
- L. F. Antrider

Offline -tHeGaMe-

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 09:22:14 AM »
Super excited by this news  ;D

I don't mean to be a downer but I just want to bring up a few points:

1. Shouldn't the rewards system be reworked before we bring the game out of beta? (If this is already in the pipeline for the gold release patch then this statement can be ignored)
2. Somewhat of a continuation of point 1, are there plans to rework/improve the quest system? We only had one weekend quest when the quest system was introduced and never had anything of that magnitude after that.
3. Would it not make more sense to hold off on the gold release until the new ranked features are in place? I feel as those are marquee features and will really help bring more players in.
4. Will the future tournament mode feature spectating? Some players may not think they are good enough to enter tournaments but will still want to enjoy it by watching their favourite players duke it out for the crown.

Time to play -tHeGaMe-

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 09:25:07 AM »
I wish you guys the best of luck but can not stop thinking that this is more of a marketing decision than anything else. Of course I don't know what you guys know, but I personally don't feel that the game is ready for release. Not because of lack of the features we all want but I feel like the game isn't polished enough.

I really hope that in the next two weeks this feeling will vanish.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:12 AM »
Really not sure this is a good idea, but if you've got a plan then I assume you know what you're doing.

We could see the remainder of the necessary changes and additions in the next two weeks anyhow. I can only hope.
Quote from: Teremus
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 09:41:58 AM »
I don't like the idea of going Gold until a lot more of the features are properly polished, and there's a much better New Player Experience. Right now they're going to hit the 5250 booster brick wall, run into Mill, Verore and Overseer decks, call em overpowered and walk away from the game.

The bugs needs to be gone, and we need more polish on things like the deckbuilder, and the UI. Also, the new numbers on cards for Resources/Attack/Health? Ugly as hell, and looks unprofessional. Not a good sales point when someone loads up the game.

New Player retention is really what's going to make or break the game. The player population is just too small right now, we need a boost to get matchmaking and the community to healthy level. If everyone quits after release, you'll never get a second chance to get as many people giving this game a chance again, and negative feedback will only ruin further attempts.

I hope there's a good plan involved, i'm not optimistic though.

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 09:53:10 AM »
alright, thanks for the responses Teremus/Robbie :)
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 09:58:49 AM »
I don't like the idea of going Gold until a lot more of the features are properly polished, and there's a much better New Player Experience. Right now they're going to hit the 5250 booster brick wall, run into Mill, Verore and Overseer decks, call em overpowered and walk away from the game.
Just wanted to say something real quick in regards to this, mill is most likely dead now with the nerf to Gather Thoughts.
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
I wouldn't necessarily say that it's dead, just that it's less cheesy. And of course with it being less cheesy, there are more cheesy options that will entice people.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.