Author Topic: Infinity Wars "Gold" Status  (Read 26458 times)

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars "Gold" Status
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »
You know maybe right now happens to be a good time to launch. The Solforge forums aren't super happy right now.
https://solforgegame.com/forum/general-discussion/keeping-your-playerbase-informed/
https://solforgegame.com/forum/general-discussion/list-of-players-boycotting-wcq-becuase-of-bugs/

Hex isn't cheerful either.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37690

Strike while the enemy is weak! Why wait year for them to get stronger! Don't let Hex finish their PvE super-weapon before IW launches! :P

Instead of doing all this LM should eliminate the cause of our concerns and the forum will be happy place again. Because we don't have actual haters here (name someone, who posts here just because he hates the game), we are just a bunch of players who really concerned about the game's future.

This is a list of the issues ohaz wrote about in his dear lightmare thread that helped start all this.

Bugs- A lot have been fixed since the post so we can see a lot of effort has been put into this. Still more to go but if they can keep up the current pace how much longer will the remaining bugs last?

Trade search UI-no update.

New deckbuilder- Delivered and hybrids can now be useful commanders fixing his main complaint. More polish still needed?

Level 50+ rewards- No update.

Weekly draft rewards- Rift run rewards rework hinted for much sooner than we think. Maybe part of patch 1.0?

Better Patch Notes- recent patches have had good notes so I say delivered.

Game starting sound - Icon now flashes to help fix that problem.

Normal draft rewards- Rift run rewards rework hinted for much sooner than we think. Maybe part of patch 1.0?

UI glitches- The chat window bug he mentioned was fixed right? Is the other one he mentioned still there?

Game balance - Did get a balance update followed by another tweak. More might still be needed. Will patch 1.0
bring more changes?

The app - No update. Though they said when they took it down it was to focus on desktop and they wouldn't come back to it until the desktop is completely optimized so there was no reason to expect it before gold unless we want everything else to take longer.

Sideboards- One of the features promised to be next after gold for patch 1.5 with an eta 6 months.

Spectator Mode-no update. Nice to have but other card games don't need it to stream tournaments so I'm not sure why this is so needed so badly we all should be angry without it.

Working API- no update.

Also the next set was delayed to focus on fixing the game like he wanted.

So they actually have made some progress on the points he brought up. But how much progress is needed before the forum gets happy again? If they need everything in this list 100% done and finished this could be an angry forum for a year especially since others are also angry about different features ohaz didn't list like crafting. Of course we can't really see how they are doing in the out of game stuff as easily so hopefully they are doing a good job of giving the council and fansites less reason to be upset also.

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2014, 08:55:05 PM »
Ok took me a day or 2 to respond to this but you must understand I had to muster up strength. 8)

Have you not even like used it?

Yes, yes I have.

Let me list some of the problems that are easy to see.
Please do.

Cards don't load in a reasonable time.

Cards load at the same speed as they always have, if that is too slow it is not the fault of the new deck builder.

If i scroll, it has a high chance of jumping across the cards to another section, which is extremely annoying.

You must explain what do you mean by this.

Do you mean if you side scroll the cards in the collection? If so, yes the scroll is sensitive and you must scroll slowly. Patience is a virtue. :)

Some of the faction buttons are near impossible to press easily.

What do you mean? If you try to press the Warpath symbol a panda will try to eat your fingers? All symbols respond to clicking as far as I know.

Still very tedious to use filters/non stackable filters in some cases.

Filters are there to make things easier if you don't like them you can stick to faction symbols and pretend they don't exist. All filters are stackable in the boundaries of logic.

It didnt even allow me to select a different version of dark blast the last time I tried, the premium version list literally disappeared if i tried to hover over it.

Hmmm... I sincerely have no such problem, if I have multiple versions of a card a drop-down menu appears and I select the version I want every time.

There are still monumentally ugly numbers smack dab over the cards.

Yes they are and it has nothing to do with the new deck builder.

The deck view wastes a lot of space. .

Please explain.

Adding in the factions back was a good step, but as you can see, theres still a lot to do before it can reach the level of functionality of the previous version.

Now I apologize in advance but that comment is laughable... Seriously. Let's compare shall we:

The old one:

Faction Symbols;
Name Search function;
Cards where all present and separated soulbound, plat, gold, foil, normal and any combination in between and caused a memory leak when loading huge collections for some people;
You could add cards by dragging or clicking buttons beneath the preview card u selected;
The hybrid/mercenary cards where neutral in command.

The new one:

Faction Symbols;
Name Search function;
Cards of the same name are merged and you can select the type you want (soulbound, plat, gold, foil, normal and any combination in between) to add to your deck and no memory leak;
You could add cards by dragging or clicking buttons beneath the preview card u selected or by clicking on +/- icons on the card you want to add;
You can select which faction you want your hybrid/mercenary commander to bee;
You have filters that will help you find your card by Text, Cost, Morale, Attack, Defense, Rarity, Faction, Type1 (Character, Ability, Human, Dragon, etc...) and Type2 (soulbound, plat, gold, foil, normal, etc...).

So tell me how is the old one better than the new one?

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
I often feel there's more clicks per card. However, for the sake of premiums and how it now cycles through them better instead of having them separated, I feel this one is slightly better, even if the filters can sometimes take slightly too long to use. The fact that there are +/- buttons in the card viewer is great, because I used to not realize you could click on a card and hit "Add to deck" and would constantly research to find them. The option never changed, but it's a bit more accessible now.

I only slightly like the current one better, because overall it doesn't feel much faster or slower to build a deck for me.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
So they actually have made some progress on the points he brought up. But how much progress is needed before the forum gets happy again? If they need everything in this list 100% done and finished this could be an angry forum for a year especially since others are also angry about different features ohaz didn't list like crafting.
I can't tell for every person on the forum but for me it isn't about specific 'fix this, add those, remove that, and change everything'. it's not for me to decide what and when should be done anyway. All I ask is an information about near future of the game and explanations when something big happens. And a demonstration of development progress of course.

Basically: they do things, they tell us what they doing and why they doing it now instead of something else. And they did it like that some time ago, and most of us were happy. But then there was silence, and no visible progress, and Ohaz's post, and everything else... But I think it's possible to return the atmosphere which was there before and even without extreme measures like the forum's wipe.

Of course lately there also a few unpopular things happened, like the release announcement or these new ugly numbers on the battlefield. But with changes based on the community comments when it's possible or, if it can't be changed, with an explanation why it should be done like that, LM could handle this. Well, I hope they could.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline aldin

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2014, 09:39:11 PM »
I often feel there's more clicks per card.

For me it's more clicks, but now that I can double-click to add cards across premium, soulbound and non-soulbound barriers from a single place - what a time saver!  Functionally speaking, I build decks much faster now.  Analysis paralysis, unfortunately, still takes about the same amount of time  ::)
He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »
He basically answered my question because it seems obvious he hasnt actually tested out the deckbuilder with his responses.
Non stackable filters: last time i checked I couldnt select 1+2 purity cards, its was either one or the other. Just the filter button requiring a minimum of 3 clicks to do any action wastes a lot of time and could be way more optimized.
Cards certainly do NOT load as fast as the old deckbuilder. I.e. previous deckbuilder was almost instantaneous. This new one takes a minimum of 1-2 seconds per new card that shows on the top scroll, it's pretty distinct.
You're telling me to scroll more slowly? If i do one notch of scrolling on my mouse, it has a high chance to JUMP over to abilities or another faction. like every time.
The old deckbuilder did not have this problem and it only happened to me in trade screens.
Some faction buttons are in fact harder to click, I had to confirm this with global chat when i first noticed it. : verore is half hidden under another part of the client, and some factions if you click on them won't respond, they require either multiple clicks or clicking the lower part of the faction icon.
I also had the dark blast issue again arise, this time with lucca, with me literally not being allowed to select the different premium versions without the menu disappearing.

Also the deck view wastes a lot of space because if you put in artifacts or locations, you now have to scroll to view your whole deck: waste of space.
And the new huge numbers all over the cards do in fact have to do with the new deck builder, they weren't there before, they are extremely distracting when trying to build a deck, so yes, its a big issue in both aesthetics and functionality.
The old deck builder was vastly more functional than the new one, with the new one bringing hybrid commanders being the only real improvement. It's good that they brought back the factions, but it still needs a lot of work and I know a lot of people agree with me.
Follow your...

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »
He basically answered my question because it seems obvious he hasnt actually tested out the deckbuilder with his responses.
Non stackable filters: last time i checked I couldnt select 1+2 purity cards, its was either one or the other. Just the filter button requiring a minimum of 3 clicks to do any action wastes a lot of time and could be way more optimized.
Cards certainly do NOT load as fast as the old deckbuilder. I.e. previous deckbuilder was almost instantaneous. This new one takes a minimum of 1-2 seconds per new card that shows on the top scroll, it's pretty distinct.
You're telling me to scroll more slowly? If i do one notch of scrolling on my mouse, it has a high chance to JUMP over to abilities or another faction. like every time.
The old deckbuilder did not have this problem and it only happened to me in trade screens.
Some faction buttons are in fact harder to click, I had to confirm this with global chat when i first noticed it. : verore is half hidden under another part of the client, and some factions if you click on them won't respond, they require either multiple clicks or clicking the lower part of the faction icon.
I also had the dark blast issue again arise, this time with lucca, with me literally not being allowed to select the different premium versions without the menu disappearing.

Also the deck view wastes a lot of space because if you put in artifacts or locations, you now have to scroll to view your whole deck: waste of space.
And the new huge numbers all over the cards do in fact have to do with the new deck builder, they weren't there before, they are extremely distracting when trying to build a deck, so yes, its a big issue in both aesthetics and functionality.
The old deck builder was vastly more functional than the new one, with the new one bringing hybrid commanders being the only real improvement. It's good that they brought back the factions, but it still needs a lot of work and I know a lot of people agree with me.

Ok, so you can't search both 1 and 2 purity at the same time. Yes, true. However, the deckbuilder will automatically sort out your available cards by purity anyway. I guess it makes coming up with an idea for a deck difficult, but it seems like a minor inconvenience at most.
Cards load slightly more slowly now than they used to in my experience, but I'm not particularly bothered by it. Patience is still a virtue, and it doesn't seem that bad (as I recall, it was worse when the deckbuilder premiered but has gotten better).
The scroller will sometimes jump on me, but nothing even close to "like every time." Once again, I'm not bothered by it. Maybe I'm just easygoing.
And the huge disgusting numbers are awful, but they do NOT have to do with the new deckbuilder. They were implemented with the new battlefield UI, so if you want to lay blame then lay it there. As far as I'm concerned the blame shouldn't be laid anywhere, and I really do hope they change the numbers, but I won't call it a deficiency over the previous deckbuilder.
I suppose I can concede your point about "wasted space," but I think it was a healthy change (with room for improvement) towards making your decks more organized and readable.
I have never had a problem with the faction symbols.

I consider the new deckbuilder to be a huge improvement over the old, especially with the readdition of the faction symbols, and I can tell that it has the possibility to move forward whereas the old one had to be completely revamped in order to be improved.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:26 AM »
Best of luck Lightmare and I look forward to seeing great things. :)

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2014, 06:04:14 AM »

Ok, so you can't search both 1 and 2 purity at the same time. Yes, true. However, the deckbuilder will automatically sort out your available cards by purity anyway. I guess it makes coming up with an idea for a deck difficult, but it seems like a minor inconvenience at most.
Cards load slightly more slowly now than they used to in my experience, but I'm not particularly bothered by it. Patience is still a virtue, and it doesn't seem that bad (as I recall, it was worse when the deckbuilder premiered but has gotten better).
The scroller will sometimes jump on me, but nothing even close to "like every time." Once again, I'm not bothered by it. Maybe I'm just easygoing.
And the huge disgusting numbers are awful, but they do NOT have to do with the new deckbuilder. They were implemented with the new battlefield UI, so if you want to lay blame then lay it there. As far as I'm concerned the blame shouldn't be laid anywhere, and I really do hope they change the numbers, but I won't call it a deficiency over the previous deckbuilder.
I suppose I can concede your point about "wasted space," but I think it was a healthy change (with room for improvement) towards making your decks more organized and readable.
I have never had a problem with the faction symbols.

I consider the new deckbuilder to be a huge improvement over the old, especially with the readdition of the faction symbols, and I can tell that it has the possibility to move forward whereas the old one had to be completely revamped in order to be improved.

This and thank you. :)

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2014, 05:37:42 PM »
Overall, having all of the deckbuilder filters operate as toggles like the factions do would be better.  Then you could select all your 1 and 2 purity cards, or just 2 purity, or all your tradable foils, golds, AND plats but nothing else, etc.  I'm not sure why the extra menu with all it's exclusive pull down options was considered easier to implement, but tick-boxes in a single pull down menu seems much cleaner, useful, and more elegant to me.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2014, 06:10:41 PM »
Overall, having all of the deckbuilder filters operate as toggles like the factions do would be better.  Then you could select all your 1 and 2 purity cards, or just 2 purity, or all your tradable foils, golds, AND plats but nothing else, etc.  I'm not sure why the extra menu with all it's exclusive pull down options was considered easier to implement, but tick-boxes in a single pull down menu seems much cleaner, useful, and more elegant to me.

This would probably be the single best thing they could do to make the filter button better.
Follow your...

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
Most (if not all) of the changes you guys made in the Gold release were amazing, but I have just one thing to nitpick in this patch: enemy Commanders no longer have their Resource Costs shown highlighted in white when the opponent has enough Resources to play them.

I found this very convenient when it was still present, and I hope you guys will bring this back.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »
Most (if not all) of the changes you guys made in the Gold release were amazing, but I have just one thing to nitpick in this patch: enemy Commanders no longer have their Resource Costs shown highlighted in white when the opponent has enough Resources to play them.

I found this very convenient when it was still present, and I hope you guys will bring this back.

Now it works like when you used to fight the AI. There is no way to tell when the opponent can play anything.

Side note: I hate all these new sound effects! They are soooooo annoying! @.@

Offline xxan

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2014, 03:54:16 AM »
GOOD NEWS IN THE ADVERTISING DEPARTMENT!!!!
  As I am someone who in involved with running northwest gaming and sci-fi/fantasy conventions, table top,RPG,larp and other such, I will be spreading the word to the many people I know/deal with (thats in the THOUSANDS per weekend of the convention)

Word of mouth to a captive audience is quite a power full thing as I deal with pretty much  EVERY attendee at one point of the weekend or another.

(Wish I found this game sooner)