Author Topic: Infinity Wars "Gold" Status  (Read 26460 times)

Offline Elphie "Agent" Coyle

• Creator
  • Administrator
  • This ain't your grandpa's card game...
    • View Profile
Infinity Wars "Gold" Status
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:20:54 AM »
Howdy Rift Runners,

We would like to announce to you loyal fans that the ‘Gold’ release date for Infinity Wars will be September the 3rd, 2014. You're going to want to read on, this is gonna get good.

What does this mean?

Well it actually means a lot of things. What's in this little section here hardly scratches the surface.

However, in terms of this section, it means that the ‘beta’ tag will be removed from the game. That is all this means. We will not stop developing the game or bringing new features in, we want to reassure every one of that. We will continue to work hard to improve and grow Infinity Wars from this point. We have some really great things coming in the future that we want you to get excited for.

Why are you going Gold now?

We believe that the game is strong enough to stand on its own without hiding behind the crutch of the Beta tag while we continue to develop content and features for Infinity Wars.

We're a small indie studio, with an extreme amount of passion. Unfortunately passion doesn't fix everything. Our size (or lack thereof) will always play a part in the decisions we make and the timeframe it takes for things to happen.

So, as a company, we have decided that now is the right time to remove that tag. With the game in (mostly) proper working order, the game is ready to bring your friends to as we continue to work on everything that's necessary while continuing to improve the game every single day.

Why aren’t you doing massive release marketing through normal channels?

One of the things we’ve learned from the various advertising strategies (and we have tried many of them), is our game really is tailored for the mid to hardcore audience. We work hard to increase the spectrum of gamers this title could appeal to, but from the metrics shown from mainstream gaming coverage, the best thing we can do now is target gamers like yourselves.

As such we have targeted advertising and marketing being rolled out, but this game will grow best from us bringing our TCG mates into a working game, hosting tournaments, and continuing to balance cards and bring new exiting content and mechanics into the game.

Are my rankings going to be reset once Gold happens?

Short answer? No. Long answer? In the beginning, we had said that when the game went Gold, we would reset rankings. We have decided not to do that at this current time. The reasoning behind this is… *points to the next section* (No really, look down.)

What about the future?

Our next major milestone of version 1.5 focuses on the following, and we're starting work on this project once we confirm all the major bugs are squashed:

• Tournaments
  • Sideboards
  • Best of 3 matches
  • Server Hosting for matches

We have a hopeful timeframe for these of within 6 months of going Gold, but we cannot make any promises on that just yet. Our priority will still be on ensuring a smooth major bug free experience ongoing. We simply wanted to give you a roadmap that these are the things we're starting work on as we speak.

We have decided to not reset any rankings until these modes are implemented into Infinity Wars as it wouldn't be right to reset anything prior to the formats/concepts themselves changing.

Get excited, there is some seriously great stuff coming!

The future also holds more sets, more cards & more Puffing Puffy than you can Puff a Puffy with!

The future for Infinity Wars looks bright, and we have you guys, the amazing players and community to thank for it. You help us, on a daily basis, shape Infinity Wars into the amazing game that it’s becoming.

Thank you all for being a part of Infinity Wars. See you on the battlefield!

~ Elphie "Agent" Coyle, Ian "Tygris" Underwood, “Teremus”, “Schumisaurus” & on behalf of the rest of the Lightmare Team.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:54:26 AM by Teremus »

Offline Heart

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars "Gold" Status
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:43 AM »
woah. All I can say is good luck with the decision and hopefully everything works out to the benefit of the game and its success.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:25:09 AM by Heart »
Follow your...

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:22:36 AM »
Booyah!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Sarakhan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 06:28:41 AM »
On on hand i am excited for this ... On the other hand its geared towards mid - hardcore gamers so i indeed people who will play will find it eventually.

queue now GAME NOT READY OMG threads.

Offline CyDrA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:30:41 AM »
Amped to the max, as mentioned to those hoping to grow the game and keep the competitive juices flowing by hosting tournaments.

No more Pauper Tourns PLZ!!!

Offline mik1o

• coffee plz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:34:04 AM »
Awesome news!

Offline Darknova

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:37:54 AM »
Great news. While I would have like a reset to happen every 2 months or so, I'm looking forward for this amazing game to gather the player base it should already have.

thx guys for the hard work.

Offline Valdook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:38:13 AM »
hmmm this makes me anxious... both positively and negatively.

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 06:42:22 AM »
Nice, looking forward to the new features. Any word on Rift Run rewards being reworked? Would definitely help player retention.

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 06:42:50 AM »
well, I wish the game for the best... I can't help but feel this'll be a mistake.
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
Great news. While I would have like a reset to happen every 2 months or so, I'm looking forward for this amazing game to gather the player base it should already have.

thx guys for the hard work.

While developing the new concepts for ranked and competitive play, we will also be looking at the best way to keep these formats fresh and entertaining. Seasons may be a part of that, but that's for a later discussion.

Nice, looking forward to the new features. Any word on Rift Run rewards being reworked? Would definitely help player retention.

I can't speak as to exactly what's happening just yet, but that's already being worked on.

well, I wish the game for the best... I can't help but feel this'll be a mistake.

It's not that we don't have our own concerns as well. Being afraid will only hurt us. This conviction and passion can only help us.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline mik1o

• coffee plz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 06:46:30 AM »
How can finalizing a product be a mistake? Isn't that the point of development?

Offline robbiesla

• "Player Experience Designer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 06:47:44 AM »
I can't speak as to exactly what's happening just yet, but that's already being worked on.

Much sooner than you might expect.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 06:54:26 AM »

Much sooner than you might expect.

^
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 06:55:03 AM »
All seems like good news to me  :)
Goose got me loose!