Author Topic: [Early Patch Notes] Version 0.98.5  (Read 8545 times)

Offline MonstaMunch

• View Profile
Re: [Early Patch Notes] Version 0.98.5
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2014, 09:57:10 AM »
Great patch. Slightly weird that Sol wasn't fixed, every time I use him people start crying about how I'm a bug abuser and stupid stuff like that, so it would be nice to get him fixed just to stop the tears, but w/e.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »
Great patch. Slightly weird that Sol wasn't fixed, every time I use him people start crying about how I'm a bug abuser and stupid stuff like that, so it would be nice to get him fixed just to stop the tears, but w/e.

How is Sol broken? He has 2 lives when Ascended. The only thing that could be considered "buggy" is that he counts himself when checking for an angel to die. So he might as well not even have the Ascended 2 lives and should just have a natural 2 lives.

Offline MonstaMunch

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:23 AM »
How is Sol broken? He has 2 lives when Ascended. The only thing that could be considered "buggy" is that he counts himself when checking for an angel to die. So he might as well not even have the Ascended 2 lives and should just have a natural 2 lives.

You say he counts himself when checking for an angel to die, but in reality sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't, its very inconsistent. If he's killed when not ascended, some abilities will kill him outright while others will get him to trigger himself and ascend (meaning he has to die a total of three times before going to the grave). I don't think its intended, if it was it would work the same way with different abilities.

Edit: Also I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but I think the new resource display on cards is beyond terrible. Aside from the fact that it's all pixelated like it rendered in the wrong resolution or something, the size is weird in relation to the cards, the dark grey is a strain on the eyes, and it looks completely out of place. To top it off, there was nothing wrong with the way it was before, it didn't need "fixing". Again, love the rest of the update but this is just weird.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:38:07 AM by MonstaMunch »

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »
lol sol is, of course broken...if I killed him, how can he then count himself as dead and then ascend?? he's already dead, did rise from the ashes and go oh hey, I'm just gonna activate my ability although I'm dead already and get two more lives muahaha, they'll never see it coming.

Sniper can kill him - confirmed
Annihilate - he gains two lives

I think it has to do with the priorities. Sniper has character ability so it activates first hence killing him fo realz, while annihilate is just an ability which has lower priority giving sol the timing to activate his innate character ability despite the fact that he should, for intent and purposes, be dead already and unable to activate anything.

If this was intended, we kind of need to know...it wasn't fun to get pummeled for 2-3 turn so I can use my annihilate on sol just to realize I didn't do jack = auto lose.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
Lightning Bolt also kills him that has been confirmed by me. I used 2 of them on him and it killed him for real.