Early Puffin' Patch Notes!
In keeping with the current form, let's talk about what Lightmare has been hard at work with.
These aren't final notes, more may be added, more work may be done. For now, here are the early notes for Patch 0.98.5
Keep in mind there's a lot more communication about to happen. We've got a message from our CEO, we've got an announcement about our development direction, and an exceptionally exciting piece of news for everyone in Infinity Wars land about a couple things that are happening.
All that is coming up, but let's talk about the early patch notes first. Card Changes:
Card Bug Fixes (Admit it, this is probably the part you care most about, but keep reading anyways)
- Gather Thoughts is now removed from play after activation.
- Splitter Robot has had its effect slightly change to “When Splitter Robot dies while deployed, it creates two 5/5 Artificial Characters in the Support Zone.”
- Hunted Dragon has had its text changed to more accurately describe what it does: At the end of the first turn Hunted Dragon is in play, your opponent gets a new card called "Hunt for the Dragon" which costs 1 with the ability “Kill target dragon on the Battlefield”.
- Aleta, the immortal traveler now check against the legality of the game you are playing, before offering you your possible characters. No more tribbles in ranked.
- Evolving parasite has had its effect slightly change to now proc if it would enter combat, and therefore now triggers when it fights characters like fleeting footman.
- Evolving parasite now correctly interacts with the following cards: Fight!, Splitter Robot and Fleeting Footman.
- Enyah now correctly checks against the premium type when determining the legality of a deck.
- Verore kidnapper no longer bugs out when multiple veror kidnappers kidnap each other.
- Demonize now correctly transforms cards like interdimensional phase bot and ju-lin.
- Rita, Shadow Priestess now correctly creates Worshippers at the end of the turn.
- Suffering Verorian now correctly turns into a demon after triggering his ability.
- Ju-Lin can no longer deal damage, and is correctly removed from the game when removed from the grave.
- Hunted Dragon in the command zone now only give one Hunt for the Dragon.
General Bug Fixes:
- Xi, ascended can now use bonus resources from cards like wealthy noble, to create spirits.
- Demon of smog, now correctly stops Xi, who honors the dead, as she now correctly recognizes untouchable cards in the graveyard.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes characters would have their abilities go off, even if killed with priority.
- Hungry Devil’s consume no longer gives +4/+2 instead of the intended +2/+2
- Angel of Virtue now correctly buffs itself while ascended.
- Agent Coyle, Hellbringer, now correctly discards a random card, not the rightmost card.
- Grave Rob now correctly lets you choose 5 cards to remove from the grave.
- Zombie abomination now accurately calculates cost off of characters in graveyard.
- Resolve of the dragon now resolves correctly, one less endless turn bug.
- Agent Coyle, Hellbringer’s dragon form is now correctly a Demon Dragon, and Soulsellers dragon is now just a Dragon.
- Unending Drone no longer returns all Unending drones in the grave.
- Fixed a bug in Uncontrolled rift that occasionally resulted in you being given yet to be released cards.
- Undeath wish no longer makes you take the morale damage for killing an opponents character.
- Fixed a bug with Controlled Temporal Anomaly that was sometimes not returning the characters to play correctly.
- A bug has been fixed that would occasionally cause a desync when attempting to use a Raise Dead on a card that was Grave Robbed.
- Killing a Paladin of the Flame Dawn with an Evolving Parasite will no longer cause a de-sync.
- Humble has undergone a bit or reprogramming, improving its interactions with, but not limited to:
Protector of the Dead
Agent Coyle, Alpha One
Ju-Lin who rewrites history
- Low Orbit Ion Cannon has been fixed so that it is no longer is dark grey for half of the animation.
- Cresill now does not trigger off transforming from Demonize.
Miscellaneous Things You Should Know:
- When you are invited to a game while on the Rift Run tab, the cards no longer display on top of the invite or deck selection.
- The help button is now disabled while connecting to a game.
- Cards received on the home screen no longer render behind the test of the homepage.
- The visual effect for ascending has been disabled.
- When adding a card to your deck, the deck builder will automatically add the next valid premium type if the initial premium type has been used up.
- Buffs and debuffs no longer sometimes carry over when restarting an academy mission.
- The number of available cards is now updated when switching decks in the deck builder.
- You can now double click the drop down menu displaying the different premium types in the deck builder, to add them to your deck.
- Going from windowed to windowed fullscreen now reloads the scene, solving multiple small errors.
- The Fortress image no longer sticks to the far right hand side of the screen during play.
- When resolving actions from the trading post, the fortress image is no longer superimposed on top of the trading post image.
- The deck legality filter no longer appears under the top most purity symbol in the deck builder.
- Ability cards now look subtly smoother when being played.
- The initiative dot is now properly aligned on all resolutions.
- The zone graphics are now displayed on top of battlefields.
- The first 3 cards of a draft are no longer added directly to your deck.
- Buttons on the home screen can no longer be clicked while receiving other cards
- The deck builder now correctly displays gold and gold foil in the collection viewer
- The tooltip for the resources in game has been realigned and now works as intended.
- When opening a pack of cards, all pop-ups leave the screen when you begin to flip through cards if not closed before hand.
- The health bar now animates properly on the first turn.
- The friends list can now be opened and closed while trading.
- The Friends button now works while in the match results screen.
- What use to be the 5th academy mission has now be re-added back to the training page.
- Academy missions now use the new tooltip visuals, previously only seen in the latest tutorial missions.
- Fix a bug that would sometimes make characters act as if they were still in play for the entire turn, even if they had been killed previously that turn.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes not display possible target to abilities that target the deck and graveyard.
- If you finish a game against AI, campaign or otherwise, while disconnected you will be prompted with a pop up, allowing you to reconnect.
Major changes you really need to know about:
- You now play with the faction specific battlefield in campaigns, not the factionless one.
- The trait down effects are temporarily disabled
- The deck builder now shows the number of cards being shown by the selected filters.
- The way that the cost is displayed at the top of a card has been modified, to draw more of a visual parallel between your resources and the cost of a card.
- Faction symbols have been put back into the deck builder.
- In-Game pop-ups have undergone a visual redo to better fit the new visuals of infinity wars.
- The default sounds settings are now 50 for music and 50 for sounds.
- Added a bar to the deckbuilder to easily sort your collection by faction.
- The collection window in the deckbuilder now shows how many cards are being displayed.
- In Windows, the taskbar icon will now flash if you get a chat message, or enter a game, while tabbed out.
Preemptive abilities now resolve before abilities triggered by zone changes. We made this change so the game played out more naturally. For example, previously casting Deflect on a character you controlled would prevent damage from a Lightning Blast, but not a Flame Dawn Commando.
Deflect will now protect it as expected.
We've cleaned up how start of turn abilities now resolve. Previously, many abilities that stated they triggered at the start of the turn actually did not resolve until normally in initiative order.
Additionally, some abilities triggered during the Planning Phase, which was causing inconsistencies, as only planning actions should be taking place, and not game state changes. Ultimately this change had to be done to ensure consistency and allow certain types of cards to work correctly. The following cards are affected:
- Ao Shun, Dragon of Wisdom - The card draw effect now happens at the end of the turn.
- Avatar of Lingbao - Morale loss now happens at the start of the Resolution Phase (previously occurred at the start of the planning phase, which was incorrect.)
- Nysrugh - Ability now resolves at the start of the Resolution Phase.
- Vasir, the Demon Prince - Ability now happens at the start of the Resolution Phase.
- Unstable Bomb Bot - Ability now happens at the start of the Resolution Phase. (Previously this ability would occur in normal initiative order. While this unfortunately means Bomb-Bot can’t be killed before it goes off, we feel for the long term health of the game, it’s best for cards to work in a technically correct way.)
- Extended Operation - Changed to now happen at the end of the turn. (In practical terms, the card plays exactly the same, as the end of the turn and the start of the planning phase are immediately after one another.)
- Shield Generator - Ability now happens at the start of the Resolution Phase. (This change now allows Shield Generator to work properly regardless of initiative.)
- Matriarch - Changed to now happen at the end of the turn. (In practical terms, the card plays exactly the same.)
- Hidden by Clouds - Ability now happens at the start of the Resolution Phase.
- Shikana - Ability now happens at the start of the Resolution Phase. (Like Bomb-Bot, this means Shikana cannot be destroyed prior to its ability resolving.)
- Tech Knight - Changed to now happen at the end of the turn. (In practical terms, the card plays exactly the same.)
Again there are still some things that may happen, some work that may yet be done, more that may be added to this, and some things that may not happen.
These are your early notes giving you insight into what's happening with 0.98.5
The patch is expected to hit on the 20th. We'll keep you updated with more info as it comes along.
See you on the battlefield!