Author Topic: Call the Crusade suggestion  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Kethavel

• Omnomnitron!
    • View Profile
Call the Crusade suggestion
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:44:28 PM »
 Ok so this is about the Flame Dawn card "Call the Crusade". My suggestion would be to allow the player casting the card to be able to choose where in the atacking zone the crusaders spawn, it seems useless especially if using cards like the battering rams to have the crusaders spawn always in the back of your attack force, and not be able to put them in front as fodder.

Thank you guys for all the hard work you have put into this game, I love all of you.
Omnomnitron!

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
Re: Call the Crusade suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »
That would require changing how token generation works overall. Any time a card is created in a given zone, it always goes tot he very end of it. Deploying a card without choosing where defaults to the end of the support zone or wherever it goes. To allow for this, while I'm all for it, requires some coding changes as far as I can tell.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Kethavel

• Omnomnitron!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:01:14 AM »
Yeah I fully understand that the coding would have to be done, but it should be anyways, it would open up more possibilities for new cards to come. It's either that or maybe the cards cost could be reduced from 5, because it is currently useless.
Omnomnitron!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 03:05:17 AM »
It's not useless, but the inflexibility does hamper its effectiveness.
As annoying as it gets, I like the fact that if you create tokens in a zone (or move something to a zone such as Devil of Despair) those characters will end up at the end of the zone. It's... constant. Reliable. Consistent.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
While I don't think its particularly feasible to put them in the middle of your attackers, perhaps the card could provide a popup similar to what you get with cards like word of command asking you whether you want them at the back of the assault zone or at the very front.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 07:03:27 PM »
Think of it more as the Flame Dawn's version of Dark Blast.  They're both 5 cost and (can) deal 12 damage.  Dark blast has the benefit of avoiding defenders, Call the Crusade has the advantage of having 3 characters to use later, if they survive.  Not an exact equivalence, but close enough for balance discussions.

Offline stardustdragon258

• I am a dragon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »
Think of it more as the Flame Dawn's version of Dark Blast.  They're both 5 cost and (can) deal 12 damage.  Dark blast has the benefit of avoiding defenders, Call the Crusade has the advantage of having 3 characters to use later, if they survive.  Not an exact equivalence, but close enough for balance discussions.

I agree here ^
I'll aslo add that if the tokes survive Saculas the final hammer's damage gets insane!
even though i would not mind a cost reduction to make this card WAY better... as in to powerful.
I think 5 is the perfect cost for it.

Why are they trying to kill me! I can't help that I burn't down the castle, it's allergy season!

Offline Karyant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 05:25:28 PM »
I am rookie in this game, but in my oppinion this card is already powerfull enough. Remember that if any other card boost a char the tokens generate for the call already will be boost as well. I think this card is already powerfull enough.

Offline Abyss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 05:54:36 AM »
It's think we have different views on 'currently useless'. Call the Crusade is effectively equivalent to a 12/6 character with charge for 5. That's a pretty good deal in most cases. The drawback of not being able to choose where they go is balanced by other advantages, and all it really means is that they're to be used as support, rather than the spearhead of your attack. Which frankly, is perfectly fine with me - it's not like FD doesn't already have a ton of good, low cost offensive weenies to throw at the enemy.

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 05:57:06 AM »
An advantage of Call is that it can be used to dodge AOE stuff like Yuanshi's Wrath and Mass Death (playing on the opponent's initiative).
Quote from: Teremus
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »
An advantage of Call is that it can be used to dodge AOE stuff like Yuanshi's Wrath and Mass Death (playing on the opponent's initiative).

Precisely this. It's great to spawn additional characters and to have some more meat up front, but its real strength is in how it works with the rest of the faction; having a way to deal damage to the opponent on almost every turn. Especially when combined with Shikana's removal.

Call is fine. It's annoying as hell and sometimes even seems unfair, but it's fine.

Offline podian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 02:25:11 AM »
in addition to what's been stated, call gets big buffs from bromich yo, more than a 12/6 with charge would