Author Topic: Infinity Wars Newbie Guide  (Read 8208 times)

Offline Crimes

• RIPRNGstone
    • View Profile
Infinity Wars Newbie Guide
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
Hello Infinity Warriors,

The newbie guide torch has been passed down to me by Coolsy101 which was passed down to him by Nerfles. Since I am the third person to have input on this and this seemed to be a community driven project from the beginning I would like to invite any and all players veteran or newbie, hardcore or casual, to take part in creating and improving this guide that will help new players enjoy the wonderful game that is Infinity Wars.

If there is any information that needs to be added or corrected please let me know in this thread. If you would like to add a link or an article of your own please PM me.

I recently added and changed a few things but I will be periodically updating the guide with:
More pictures
More guides and helpful links
Correcting outdated material
FAQ section

Infinity Wars Newbie Guide
:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EVojApzd-5ovqG8NKMCYjrJwW0j3BPtLbvnFngcIInI/edit?usp=sharing

Change log

8.18.14 Added high quality faction icons and faction descriptions from IW official website I hope that's okay to use.
8.19.14 Added Hybrid/Mercenary pictures. Made a lot of small changes to information for clarity.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:08:07 AM by Crimes »

Offline novato

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars Newbie Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
crimes for admin, crimes for qa test, crimes for...agent?

i only read the trade part, page 19/20.

nice, like to add,
how start a trade, go to trade chat, use the terms wtt/lf or only shout the cards for trades.
open a pm with a player and click on invite to trade button.
Only player on lvl 6 are able to trade.

and over character/ability/location/artifact/mission all have a own text color, light white for characters, light blue for ability, light green for locations, white for artifact, and yellow for mission.

and color dots for factions, you know white for faction less, green warpath, purple verore etc.

thank you

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Factionless would be grey as Overseers have white. :P

I'll have to look over the guide when I have more time.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Crimes

• RIPRNGstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:29:35 AM »
crimes for admin, crimes for qa test, crimes for...agent?

i only read the trade part, page 19/20.

nice, like to add,
how start a trade, go to trade chat, use the terms wtt/lf or only shout the cards for trades.
open a pm with a player and click on invite to trade button.
Only player on lvl 6 are able to trade.

and over character/ability/location/artifact/mission all have a own text color, light white for characters, light blue for ability, light green for locations, white for artifact, and yellow for mission.

and color dots for factions, you know white for faction less, green warpath, purple verore etc.

thank you
Thanks man lol any of the above would be cool. I added the info you suggested except for the faction colors in trade I'm going to have to take screenshots of those since the Overseer one is a weird color.

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:08:37 PM »
It's great that you're taking this up, Crimes. I'm just going to nitpick some little things here and there, as most of the stuff is solid. Feel free to ignore this or take a look at it in your own time:

pg 3 - I would put a little more emphasis on global chat, maybe an extra sentence or two. It really is the best way for a newer player to get involved and ask questions or get advice.

pg 3 - resources don't increase past 10 unless you use trading post or resource increasing cards

pg 5 - ranked under normal play does not actually put you in the ranked queue, nor does it affect your rating. This mode is to try ranked legal decks

pg 6 - at 5 games of rift you break even, at 9 you get a guaranteed rare card

I would swap around rift and store, as LP and IP are used under the cost of rifting, but they are only explained later, under the store etc.

pg 7 - what does un-soulbound mean? I know it comes up later in the guide, but it's not immediately apparent. Perhaps consider adding a small note e.g. fully tradeable with other players

pg 10 - occasionally, as part of special events, a code for free boosters or cards will be given out

pg 12 - clicking on a master/apprentice's name gives some options such as invite to game, invite to trade, and remove

I'm looking forward to whatever improvements are going to be made for this guide

Offline Crimes

• RIPRNGstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:26 AM »
It's great that you're taking this up, Crimes. I'm just going to nitpick some little things here and there, as most of the stuff is solid. Feel free to ignore this or take a look at it in your own time:

pg 3 - I would put a little more emphasis on global chat, maybe an extra sentence or two. It really is the best way for a newer player to get involved and ask questions or get advice.

pg 3 - resources don't increase past 10 unless you use trading post or resource increasing cards

pg 5 - ranked under normal play does not actually put you in the ranked queue, nor does it affect your rating. This mode is to try ranked legal decks

pg 6 - at 5 games of rift you break even, at 9 you get a guaranteed rare card

I would swap around rift and store, as LP and IP are used under the cost of rifting, but they are only explained later, under the store etc.

pg 7 - what does un-soulbound mean? I know it comes up later in the guide, but it's not immediately apparent. Perhaps consider adding a small note e.g. fully tradeable with other players

pg 10 - occasionally, as part of special events, a code for free boosters or cards will be given out

pg 12 - clicking on a master/apprentice's name gives some options such as invite to game, invite to trade, and remove

I'm looking forward to whatever improvements are going to be made for this guide

I'm happy to be able to give back to the community. Thank you Stranger, that was a huge help. I was hoping someone like you would come along and find those little missing things.

I added everything except:

Rift runs are underneath the other format options so I think it fits better here and the LP/IP section is right underneath that so I don't think anyone would get too confused about that. I hope.

Changed Non-Soulbound cards wording to Tradable, that's what the new deck builder calls them.

I added all of your guides, they are a great resource for new players. I know those threads are already in the same board but hey, couldn't hurt.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:26:06 AM by Crimes »

Offline SDSakuragi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 09:00:14 PM »
Hope you're still updating this, it's a great resource for new players! Also here's some suggestions:

Hybrid and Mercenary cards are now referred to as Dual Faction and Hybrid Faction cards by the filters on the Deckbuilder. You may want to change those to be more consistent with the in game lexicon.

In the Master/Apprentice section reference is made to a "3-card booster," should just be a blister pack to avoid confusing the terms.

Also a lot of the UI screen caps are from before the last visual overhaul. This is especially relevant as much of the trade interface has changed in terms of the visuals.