Author Topic: "Eaten by zombie" vs "Azael"  (Read 992 times)

Offline bullno1

• View Profile
    • bullno1
"Eaten by zombie" vs "Azael"
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:38:07 PM »
So in one of my games, I hit my opponent a little bit too hard and realized that Azael is coming the next turn. I targeted Azael in command zone with my Eaten by zombie and prayed that it works. And it did, Azael, the ironically undead angel joined my side and brought an army of flying zombies to victory.

Though I won, I'm not sure whether this is a bug. Given the text, I thought untouchable should have activated once Azael is deployed and Azael shouldn't have died. Given how Deflect or Angelify can nullify abilities by giving characters temporary untouchable after they are targeted, would that apply to Azael too?

I don't remember whether I had initiative or not but my opponent had his hp healed and his angels were flying while Azael was still alive.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:41:25 PM by bullno1 »

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
Re: "Eaten by zombie" vs "Azael"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »
According to Azael's card text, she doesn't give herself untouchable – she just gives it to all other characters.
So I'd say it's working as intended.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:39:34 PM »
Well, they revamped the order of operations in which abilities and effects activate recently. In play effects used to occur before all others (even preemptive abilities), but now that is not the case.

Offline bullno1

• View Profile
    • bullno1
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 02:03:51 PM »
According to Azael's card text, she doesn't give herself untouchable – she just gives it to all other characters.
So I'd say it's working as intended.

True, somehow I missed that  :-[

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:46:50 PM »
This actually wouldn't work a few patches back, but they did change Azael so he doesn't give himself untouchable anymore :v

Offline bullno1

• View Profile
    • bullno1
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »
This actually wouldn't work a few patches back, but they did change Azael so he doesn't give himself untouchable anymore :v

I see, hence the confusion. I didn't even bother to read Azeal's text after my first encounter. All I remembered was: Azael out and I'm puffied.

Offline Held

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
Btw:
Well, they revamped the order of operations in which abilities and effects activate recently. In play effects used to occur before all others (even preemptive abilities), but now that is not the case.

I read that in the patch notes, too. But I experienced that this is still not the case for all cards. E.g. I once had initative and played calamity, but my opponents (from hand played) sacculas triggered though. I haven't testet it for other cards. Probably the intended change just does not work yet completly as intended.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:43 AM »

You have it the worng way around, it used to be that when enters play or when played had 2 timings for the same effect.

Some of them went pre-preemtive (Sacculus and Lucca for example), and some resolved during the abilities phase (like Demon of Fear or Kidnapper). What the patch did was to move them all to pre-preemptive as it should have been originally, as that's when they actually enter play (or Deploy now).

It seems that they didn't do this for Azael though, if you kill Azael before their main ability phase, they don't get the +35 hp/morale. I noticed that Azael wasn't in the list of characters they moved from ability phase to pre-preemtive.

And yes, a few patches ago, Azael gave everyone, including herself untouchable, which made her uncounterable.