Author Topic: New card reveal: Splat  (Read 2848 times)

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
New card reveal: Splat
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
Looks like Splatter made a return, with a shortened name and a funny animation no less. Well, we've seen this kind of card before, but the faction has changed since so any new thoughts?
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Conquest

• Out with the old,in with the new. Long live Solace
    • View Profile
Re: New card reveal: Splat
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 03:31:32 AM »
Great (and splashable) card. Gives exiles command and support zone hate as well as giving an incentive to play out disciples without exiling them to deal with smaller cards. Wouldnt say its as amazing as mark of the demon, but I'd still run 2 or so.
THE VIRUS RISES ONCE MORE!

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »
Good that it's not another random discard. Hopefully this is a sign for what's to come.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 05:42:49 AM »
be gone random discard, no one likes you \o/

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 08:29:37 AM »
Am I the only one who think this card is broken in its current state? It's easily splashable, you can kill your own commander (hello, reanimation deck), you can kill opponent's commander. Infested Abomination in command, turn 2 he already in the graveyard, dealing damage to the fortress, and one of the opponent's characters took 10 damage. Vasir in command, turn 4 he is in graveyard, opponent's character took 44(!) damage, turn 5 Vasir in support.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
Am I the only one who think this card is broken in its current state? It's easily splashable, you can kill your own commander (hello, reanimation deck), you can kill opponent's commander. Infested Abomination in command, turn 2 he already in the graveyard, dealing damage to the fortress, and one of the opponent's characters took 10 damage. Vasir in command, turn 4 he is in graveyard, opponent's character took 44(!) damage, turn 5 Vasir in support.

there's already a reanimate deck (2sleepers, 1exiles) that is pretty good with demonic pressnce. if you sacrifice your commander for 44 damage, then you are also killing off your own unit.

you can't revive the chained prince with 2 verore/1exiles >.> all the big units are usually 2 purity +, and exiles have no way to revive anything from their grave

Offline SuicideMaster

• Translator
    • View Profile
    • Group about Infinity Wars in Vkontakte
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 08:48:34 AM »
Qfasa talking about Vasir, The Demon Prince. He has 1 purity.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:02:16 AM by SuicideMaster »
https://vk.com/infinitywarstcg - группа Infinity Wars в контакте (Infinity Wars community in Vkontakte)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:50:01 AM »
oh, I don't see the issue that much...reanimate has always been there, and manchy has made a pretty good one that can mill though your deck pretty consistently, and find the cards you need while tossing away dead cards for that match up

pretty fun deck, 44 damage is pretty neat :P

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:05 AM »
My concern mostly about the ability to so easily destroy opponent's commanders. I hate reanimation decks but this is just me. If there will be more I can live with them :)

But you can use Splat with Rise of Avarrach in command to deal 12 damage to opponent's commander at turn 2 which is enough to kill almost anything, and after 3 turns Risen will return to support for free. You can use it with Recurring Nightmare for the same purpose and have it back at turn 4 with the buff.

And this just from the top of my head and I'm not the best combo-maker in the world. I like versatile cards but isn't it too much? Or is it will be a new feature of Exiles? Possibility to easily kill opponent's commanders?

Offline Conquest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 10:31:17 AM »
It seems this card may be more suited at double purity rather than single. Exiles already have so many single purity splash cards; id prefer cards that help sustain triple purity decks

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »
A more interesting version of blood arrow, I will have 3 copies in my exile deck for sure.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »
A more interesting version of blood arrow, I will have 3 copies in my exile deck for sure.

this came before blood arrow :P

Offline Conquest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »

this came before blood arrow :P

Truth \o/ Glad they brought back splatterers ability in this card  <3

Offline Nefczi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »
Low cost, 1 purity, and what is most importand, a possibility to take out enemy commanders that are out of range of "smaller" removal quite early in the game? And its a common card. Poor Aletas wont feel safe anymore  ;)

This is a VERY strong card. I have a feeling that Exiles will become the most popular splash faction becouse of that card.

Offline aldin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »
I think I want Bad-Bot and Aleta, Immortal Tinkerer in command with an Exile splash.  Kill almost any opposing commander on turn 2.  Kill ANY non-buffed opposing commander by turn 3.  And nearly impossible to stop.  Plus, I've built enough GI/Exile Consumption decks to know the underlying deck can be viable.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:29:10 PM by aldin »
He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham