Author Topic: Klingon/Federation  (Read 2171 times)

Vertu Honagan

Klingon/Federation
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
Thoughts, Concerns, necessities?

I would love to see more of these guys! I really hope we can get another Star Trek set that's got preorder bonuses set up like our Ascension set up was. I want to be able to make more decks with the Klingon and Federation that doesn't rely so much on other factions.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: Klingon/Federation
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:47:27 PM »
Only having 20 cards makes having variety among star trek decks difficult, sadly. I would welcome more promo sets like that one, especially a Star Trek Phase Two.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:57:08 PM »
Pretty sure they have a Phase 2 in store. After all, I think a card in it got released a little early by accident.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:00:02 PM »
Pretty sure they have a Phase 2 in store. After all, I think a card in it got released a little early by accident.

Sadly Phase 2 does not exist yet. I'm assuming they would announce it and have pre-orders first.

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:05:43 PM »
They would. Course the main focus I think is still on bugs so may be a bit.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline dougernaut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 01:29:23 AM »

Sadly Phase 2 does not exist yet. I'm assuming they would announce it and have pre-orders first.

I think DrayGon means that it is "in store" as in "planned", not in THE store.

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:58:06 AM »
I know they have art for cards that didn't end up getting included in phase 1. For example there was a shuttle craft with flying that could take a pilot (like mega unit 01) and got +power equal to the pilot's power.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 02:18:58 PM »
Yeah, a player actually got one of the cards on accident because it was glitched into one of the phase one packs.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 05:37:35 PM »
I know they have art for cards that didn't end up getting included in phase 1. For example there was a shuttle craft with flying that could take a pilot (like mega unit 01) and got +power equal to the pilot's power.
You sure you aren't thinking of the original Bird of Prey from back when "Pilot Skill" was meant to be a thing?
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 06:00:39 PM »
I remember hearing about a shuttle that was accidentally released and I pulled an engineer who was also not supposed to be released. Both were quickly recalled.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 06:17:50 PM »
Yeah, a player actually got one of the cards on accident because it was glitched into one of the phase one packs.

I received both the Shuttlecraft and Engineer during release. I was streaming the release so people could have seen the cards. They were taken and both replaced with a rare. (:
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »
With the Phase 1 packs, instead of Red Alert, another card was given that was from Phase 2 (not yet relesed). They also could get them from the blister packs as well as one other card as was mentioned by another poster. That is why I'm sure they have Phase 2 planned so expect more to come later on down the line.

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
You can see Starfleet Scientist and Type 9 Shuttlecraft in Bandorthild's recent Federation/Klingon videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDsqc9s8Z8&list=UUB8LNrSjqzB5XlutUffQzeQ).

Starfleet Scientist is 2 resources for a 2/2 with "At the end of the turn draw a card if this is in a combat zone" making it a variant on Battlefield Scavenger that lacks the draw on death but is cheaper, has some minor attack and can also work in the assault zone.

Type 9 Shuttlecraft is 3 resources for a 2/2 flyer with "Pay 1: Target character you control on the battlefield enters the shuttle and is removed from the game (not sure if you get them back when the shuttle dies or if it can have multiple passengers). Type 9 Shuttlecraft's power is increased by the power of the character."

Offline Bandorthild

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 07:36:47 AM »
Oh neat, just randomly found this topic and see that I am mentioned.