Author Topic: Aleta, the Immortal Traveller  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Aleta, the Immortal Traveller
« on: August 07, 2014, 08:11:55 AM »
Aleta, the Immortal Traveller is a nice all-around flexible card. She can make any unlimited character in the game (including Star Trek) for 1 more than its normal cost every turn. Slow, yes, but usable--especially if you don't have enough of those darn swarmers.

However, since the latest patch (which let her make those adorable Tribbles, Redshirts, and Klingons), the prices listed for her tokens are the resource costs of the cards themselves--not the actual cost you pay, since you pay one more resource than the "listed price."

This is slightly confusing at first glance. I for one was extremely excited to make a turn 1 Tribble for free when I saw that it cost me 1 resource.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
Re: Aleta, the Immortal Traveller
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »
I noticed this too.

It makes sense in a way, but it still feels confusing. Tygris is fine, since he gets to add any number of options, but since Aleta chooses only one it'd probably be easier to display what the entire ability would cost.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:19:36 PM »
More on Aleta: How are her options organized?
It's not by cost, faction, or alphabetical. The only real organization I see is the fact that the Star Trek cards are at the bottom.

I'd like to propose that Aleta's spawn options be reorganized by increasing cost--and the Star Trek cards can stay at the bottom, I suppose, to set them apart.

I'm planning on editing this with the current in-game order later, but I've got some stuff to do first.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline aldin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 04:06:07 PM »
Can Uncontrolled Rift generate Star Trek Cards? It seems to me that if it can't, then Aleta probably shouldn't be able to either.  If it can, then at least the issue of potentially generating illegal cards in ranked games already existed.  Which makes me feel better... even though it really, really shouldn't.
He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 05:41:30 PM »
Can Uncontrolled Rift generate Star Trek Cards? It seems to me that if it can't, then Aleta probably shouldn't be able to either.  If it can, then at least the issue of potentially generating illegal cards in ranked games already existed.  Which makes me feel better... even though it really, really shouldn't.
It can't.
If you want to be really picky, though, uncontrolled rift states that it only creates character cards from Infinity Wars (which would mean not Omni or Star Trek), while Aleta just states that she creates an unlimited character of your choice.
Still, Omni and Star Trek cards really have no place in Core and Ranked.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline stardustdragon258

• I am a dragon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
I actually like that she can make unlimmited from star trek. I think that it should be in resorce cost order though... it is less confusing

Why are they trying to kill me! I can't help that I burn't down the castle, it's allergy season!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 03:13:37 AM »
Okay, so in a previous patch they updated Aleta to not only tell you the actual cost but also check the format when creating characters (so no Tribbles in ranked). However, the current order remains... odd. To make matters worse the Star Trek cards are now mixed in with the rest.
Current Order (cost):
One of Many (4)
Unending Drone (3)
Verore Death Worshipper (4)
Flame Dawn Aspirant (2)
Invincible Defender (3)
Endless Horde (4)
Sleeper of Avarrach (3)
Demonic Disciple (2)
Soldier of Solace (3)
Starfleet Ensign (3)
Klingon Warrior (4)
Conscripted Militia (4)
Survival Swarmer (3)
Tech Knight (4)
Tribble (1)

Turns out the order of creation is in order of the factions' release, just like in the deckbuilder. That makes sense, but seems less convenient or even useful than sorting by cost. Because factionless cards are last, Tribble is last but Ensign and Warrior come just before Militia, Swarmer, and Tech Knight--which is jarring.
Gao Han or Gao Home!