Author Topic: Full Patch Notes 0.98  (Read 24491 times)

Offline Heart

• View Profile
Re: Full Patch Notes 0.98
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:38 AM »
Wow on first look, like half of these balance changes look completely , for lack of a better term, Dumb.
Lanstead and veroria now useless lol.
Also you make sacullus 2 purity, but not the decency to apply that to overwhelming dead....
Edit: thought veroria said pay 10 resources, though it still looks pretty bad.

I'll just preemptively say all these small nerfs once again promote full on removal 3 purity verore or verore dod to reign supreme from now on.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:03:34 AM by Heart »
Follow your...

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 03:58:00 AM »
Holy puffy, mega nerfs to Verore, and quite fair ones to Sacullas and Lucca. Someone pinch me, I'm dreaming...

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 04:02:51 AM »
Wow on first look, like half of these balance changes look completely , for lack of a better term, Dumb.
Lanstead and veroria now useless lol.
Also you make sacullus 2 purity, but not the decency to apply that to overwhelming dead....

So having a bad bot on the field, playing support drone and targeting the bad bot, then using lanstead's ability to make the drone a 20/20, then using constructor to make it a 39/39 is dumb? I can see a way that's dumb, but not in the same way you're saying.

Edit: It'd be a 37/37, and I'm bad at math.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:05:44 AM by Teremus »
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 04:05:17 AM »
WHOA. I'm psyched. HYPE!

In other news...
Patch Notes 0.98
Aleta, Immortal Traveller
-          Aleta can now call any unlimited characters.

Does that mean ANY?

Yes, yes it does.

TRIBBLES FOR ALL.

YES! SO MUCH YES! This makes everything awesome! Booyah!
*runs off screaming victoriously into the darkness before rushing back to see if the patch is done yet so he can play because SO EXCITED*
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 04:05:48 AM »
The high cost to first play lanstead and then the 5 cost to then use its ability, is both horribly slow and inefficient. If you are actually allowed to play that series of effects you described, then your opponent is probably just really bad.
Follow your...

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 04:07:11 AM »
the new exile card back might be overpowered!

Offline kyliad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:34 AM »
Well, now I'll have to rewrite most of my guides *sigh*

Also, how does 'comes into play' resolve now? Is it still pre-abilities phase? or during?

Ahh welcome to the world of guides and patches ;)

Offline Hovermask

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:45 AM »
RIP my current deck. Time to make a new one, I guess...

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 04:09:53 AM »
The high cost to first play lanstead and then the 5 cost to then use its ability, is both horribly slow and inefficient. If you are actually allowed to play that series of effects you described, then your opponent is probably just really bad.

For once, you're the first person to be exceptionally pessimistic. Wait until after the patch has hit then let me know how you feel.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Aussiebumbum

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 04:10:14 AM »

Verorian Hydra
-          Changed to a 10/10

Hail hydra?

Offline white_worm

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:31 AM »
I'm kinda pissed because I just recently traded for 2 Lansteads and now they're useless. You can't keep a Shield Generator in play using Lanstead and War Machine anymore. It's not even a nerf if you think about it, its just that Lanstead is a TOTALLY different card now. While I do see Teremus' example of how to use it to buff characters, paying 5 for that ability and needing 2 base characters out there is REALLY expensive.

EDIT: I thought the Veroria change was something else. Still too expensive to be practical except in some weird kind of life-gaining deck.

I just can't believe that not ONE single Overseer was changed during all this. People still complain about them daily, but its Lanstead that needs to be changed? I haven't been able to read the "explanation" article yet (because the server is down) but I'd really like to know the logic behind this.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:14:07 AM by white_worm »

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:42 AM »
Why play lanstead when you can play the waaaaaaay more efficient and stronger war machine and get a 16/16 turn 4.
Also white worm they probably changed the cards completely to fix game crashes coming from those cards
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:14:25 AM by Heart »
Follow your...

Offline Darknova

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 04:14:13 AM »
I guess you tested those changes extensively.... but it does'nt look good for Warpath. The only card making my deck viable got nerfed pretty hard. 5 ressources is okay I guess... but being an 8/8 will make Karani so easy to kill. Warpath was already pretty weak to any form of AoE....

Can't wait to try my decks but I can see hard times coming. Time to add some growth I guess.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:43 AM »
I just can't believe that not ONE single Overseer was changed during all this. People still complain about them daily, but its Lanstead that needs to be changed? I haven't been able to read the "explanation" article yet (because the server is down) but I'd really like to know the logic behind this.
Actually, according to several experienced players (go to old complaint threads for specific examples) have stated that the Overseers are pretty balanced since their launch. They're really not as bad as you think.
Oh, and several Overseers cards were changed: Champion of Ruin, Cornicen, Xi Ascended, for three.

Remember kids, balance=unplayable

And TRIBBLE HYPE! ALWAYS THE TRIBBLE HYPE!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 04:16:07 AM »
I am looking over the current comment expecting to hear words of praise and instead what I see is criticism and disrespect. Let me make this blunt:

Anyone who doesnt see the greatness personified by this current patch is a sophomoric amatuer. Verore has been too strong for TOO Long with dark wish being... Let me get this straight, you thought you guys getting a 16/16 Flyer for only 5 cost was going to go unchecked? You thought Demon of fear was going to go unchecked? You thought that havent only one opponents characters attack while ONLY losing 4 morale a turn (4 x 10 = 40, 10 turns and your not even half way dead.) Was going to go unchecked? You guys thought all that (Saculus + Temporal Anomaly + Xi) was going to go UNCHECKED!!

If this recent patch forces you to make a form a new winning strategy then lets be honest here. You been getting a free ride in a fancy car thus far... the buck stops here. Time to earn that 2000+ rating!

Please let the servers come up sooooon!