Author Topic: Shield Generator wording  (Read 907 times)

Offline nickellicker

• View Profile
Shield Generator wording
« on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
Anyone else agree the wording for this card should be slightly changed?  Right now it states "At the start of your turn, sacrifice a character....."  This leads me to believe the card works like an ability however that is not the case.  If it was worded "At the start of each turn...."  this would avoid much confusion.  This would put the card in line with wording found on Unstable bomb-bot which I believe acts in the same manner.

Offline nickellicker

• View Profile
Re: Shield Generator wording
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 07:18:15 PM »
Wanted to give an example of why I'm asking for this... For instance I played a Wreckful Walrus on my initiative to take out my opponents Shield generator.  Wreckful walrus states "When you play this card, destroy target artifact."  However my opponents shield generator initiated its ability before my walrus.

Offline Coolsy101

• Call me Coolsy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
Wanted to give an example of why I'm asking for this... For instance I played a Wreckful Walrus on my initiative to take out my opponents Shield generator.  Wreckful walrus states "When you play this card, destroy target artifact."  However my opponents shield generator initiated its ability before my walrus.

The most likely reason why it initiated first is because he / she had the initiative. The wording, changed or not, still means the same thing to me, in my opinion

Offline nickellicker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 10:59:28 PM »

The most likely reason why it initiated first is because he / she had the initiative. The wording, changed or not, still means the same thing to me, in my opinion

I had initiative.. made sure of it.  Would not matter either way as why i'm asking for the wording to be changed.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
Did the opponent already sacrifice units the turn before you tried to walrus?
Follow your...

Offline nickellicker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:50 PM »
yes it was in play the previous turn

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 11:40:34 PM »
There is some interaction with shield generator that Im aware of, if they are able to get off their first turn of invinciblility, they can basically ensure it continues as long as they attempt to keep sacrificing. In this case, even though you destroyed it, the effect will continue on for one more turn because of how the card operates, not because of any priority effects. 
Of course maybe they changed it in the last 6 months, but im not sure.
Follow your...

Offline lEFGl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »
I think it might be a bug, though I could be wrong, but it seems a lot of cards, such as lanstead (Which will still activate even when its in the grave yard if you used it while it was on the field.) so what I think is happening is, because the sacrifice is asked for at the beginning of the turn for your opponent, that action still goes through even if you destroy the card and it's in the grave yard the creature will be sacrificed and the effect will happen for that turn.

To me it sounds like a bug, I really hope it isn't intentional.  I'm fairly certain I've been in some game recently where my sheild gen was destroyed and that had happend.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 12:35:53 PM »
Its not a bug.  Things arent invulnerable the turn you play it, but they are invulnerable the turn it is destroyed.

Because its protection lasts from the beginning of the turn, not in the middle, it will keep generating shields after its been powered down for one turn.

The game between cthulu and I demonstrates this well.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.