Author Topic: Fiery Resolve and end-turn sacrifice  (Read 632 times)

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
Fiery Resolve and end-turn sacrifice
« on: August 03, 2014, 12:01:43 PM »
Fiery Resolve prevents characters from dying to sacrifice. Naturally, I started wondering how this interacts with Overclock. In theory, a 2GI/1FD has the potential to double the output of a given character permanently using Fiery Resolve. However, as the exact order of card resolution is a bit sketchy, I'm asking somebody who can do this to test it out and say the results. I can imagine there being some ridiculous MU2 decks if this works.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
Re: Fiery Resolve and end-turn sacrifice
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 12:17:47 PM »
there is 0 protection to sacrifice :P

firey does not prevent them from dying to a sacrifice effect

Offline Held

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 02:20:56 PM »
When Overclock 1st was release, it read that it dies at the end of the turn. There shield/fiery resolve protected from dying and the thing with MU2 worked. I believe they changed it to sacrife just to prevent this trick/dynamik.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »
Except I tested this with Shikana and he couldn't sacrifice the character protected by Fiery Resolve. This is why I'm asking about resolution order.

Edit: Nevermind... I must've done something wrong when I last tested that...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:47:24 PM by JSlayerXero »
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.