Author Topic: Collector  (Read 1535 times)

Offline aldin

• View Profile
Collector
« on: August 01, 2014, 08:08:32 PM »
So I was thinking about this guy the other day and I think he has a couple of interesting combos.

Obvious Combo is Obvious
GI Artifact Deck.  He can get to some crazy values while the GI pumps out Mechanisms, War Machines and Junkyards in order to slam down an Omnitron.  And with Junkyard already in play?  He can be an Unstoppable Flier... with a Shield!

Is it Hot in Here or is it just Me?
Flame Dawn.  He works really nicely with Banners and Brimstones.

Ugh.  You Again?
Sleepers.  He has the potential to be really annoying with Tome of the Dead.  You don't want to defend, and here's a cheap attacker who is especially tough while Tome is in play?  Toss in a Decrepit Crystal (or two!) for the inevitable Hehkeem Corrupted and really see some damage.

Incubator
Warpath.  Not sure if it works, but I might try it.  He's a nice add while building Ancient Eggs.  Heck, he could help get an Ancient Aether or two into play.

Just some musing about a card that I think can have some real value in a competitive deck.
He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
Re: Collector
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 01:10:55 AM »
Out of 23 artifacts, 2 of Genesis are 3 purity, 12 are two purity and 9 are one purity. Of these, 8 are Unique. In theory, you can have anywhere from 12 to 18, and maybe even more artifacts on the field. That would boost Collector to ridiculous 50+/50+ stats at 12 artifacts. As 12 are dual purity, I doubt using Enyah would help your numbers much, but that's 9 1-purity artifacts crammed into a single deck. Using either a triple Genesis or two sets of dual purities that have 2 2-purity artifacts can yield up to 13 different artifacts in an Enyah deck. Although, the Tome will innevitably explode, so that's always something to keep in mind when factoring it into Collector. He seems like he'd be really strong as sets expand and more artifacts are added. I imagine running him in a deck with the Banners, GI and its Junkyards adding Unstoppable/Flying, mass buffing, and maybe a second purity or third faction for more artifacts could make the Collector a key card in many decks that are artifact heavy. Heck, it might even be worth running him in command if you build your deck around him.

I'm pretty sure Brimstone is Unique, even though Infinite Network doesn't list that, so either I'm wrong or IN is wrong. I'm not sure which.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:09:17 AM »
The only good thing about Brimstone is that it wasnt unique.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
Brimstone's not unique, but it doesn't stack either so it might as well be for all purposes except Collector.

Offline The_PACman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 09:41:46 AM »
Who/What is the Collector?

I have checked my cards, checked Infinite Network, checked Infinity Box (great site  by the way) and can find no reference to a card called Collector.

What am i missing?

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »
Who/What is the Collector?

I have checked my cards, checked Infinite Network, checked Infinity Box (great site  by the way) and can find no reference to a card called Collector.

What am i missing?
It's a preview card from the unreleased Order set, rewarded from a weekly quest about 3 months ago.
Infinite Network hasn't updated its card database since July (I think. Veroria was reworked in early August) and no player (outside the test server) has more than a single soulbound copy of Collector right now which is probably why Infinity Box doesn't list it either.

Currently, Collector is a common 4/4 Human Character for 3R/4M with "Collector has +4/+4 for each Artifact you control." but being a preview card, it's subject to change.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline The_PACman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »
Thank you for that explanation, that was given out just before I joined which is a pain, most of the weekly quest cards since then have been pretty much useless lol