Author Topic: 0.98 Early Pre-Gold Preview  (Read 17787 times)

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
Re: 0.98 Early Pre-Gold Preview
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »
I'm sorry but no hype from me. I will be happy when it will be here and if it will be as good as promised but not a day earlier.

Thanks for the ETA though, I really appreciate it.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Swiftwynd

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »
Best be ready, my four copies of The Defiant Hermit are about to put in some work!

:D

SO EPIC HAPPY!

Offline Nefczi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »

Wait, the stream happened already?! hope there's a vod :(

Well it was the second today (unless it's US time, in which case... blah... I'll still need a vid...)

Right now its August 1st, 9:30 A.M. PST. so the stream starts in 28 hours and 30 minutes.

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »
^ Beat me to it.
Quote from: Teremus
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2014, 05:37:33 PM »
Stream hasn't happened yet. From the time I'm posting this message it will be happening in 27 hours and 26 minutes.

I will not be answering any questions on the functionality of the new deckbuilder in this thread, I will answer those questions on our DevStream tomorrow.

Matchmaking might be inefficient, but the algorithm for the system isn't the actual problem. We know what is, but it's not the algorithm.

Yes there will be *exceptionally* detailed notes on what's about to happen when the time comes. This was just a heads up of what's happening.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline TheYamiKami

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
This is just my concern, but by pre-gold I assume you mean IW is going gold relatively soon... Now I haven't seen what's in the new patch, but are you want to release so soon? What if (And this is a very small chance) people hate the new UI or deckbuilder? Doesn't the AI (Specifically the bots) need an overhaul (As I've said before)? Is the quest system complete? Do we have hard and insane campaign modes yet? Has the trading menu gotten an update?
I'm not trying to be critical, and I don't know if you addressed any or all of these (I left out bugs because you said you zapped a lot of them) in the new patch; I just don't want to see you guys go gold too soon and not get the recognition you so richly deserve.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Yes there will be *exceptionally* detailed notes on what's about to happen when the time comes. This was just a heads up of what's happening.

That and the fact that this is just a "taste" of what's coming has me hyped. This looks like a great patch--and we haven't even seen all of it yet!
Warpatch!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
This is just my concern, but by pre-gold I assume you mean IW is going gold relatively soon... Now I haven't seen what's in the new patch, but are you want to release so soon? What if (And this is a very small chance) people hate the new UI or deckbuilder? Doesn't the AI (Specifically the bots) need an overhaul (As I've said before)? Is the quest system complete? Do we have hard and insane campaign modes yet? Has the trading menu gotten an update?
I'm not trying to be critical, and I don't know if you addressed any or all of these (I left out bugs because you said you zapped a lot of them) in the new patch; I just don't want to see you guys go gold too soon and not get the recognition you so richly deserve.

I understand you're not trying to be critical, but you're worrying yourself over a mentality that doesn't exist. We'll release the game when it's ready.

I make this game, James.

Offline 3Sleeper

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »
...long long time ago when John Carmack was still the lead developer at ID when people asked when are they going to release the game they were working on he used to reply: "will be released when its ready" ;D
... one of the reasons ID was the number 1 game producer at the time

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »

I understand you're not trying to be critical, but you're worrying yourself over a mentality that doesn't exist. We'll release the game when it's ready.

Well, not to nit pick, well ok I will.  ::)

The game IS released but the devs are no yet giving it the thumbs up and saying ok we are happy with this look, feel, design and balance the game will only bee adding to this.

Btw did I mention how HYPED I am? ;D

...long long time ago when John Carmack was still the lead developer at ID when people asked when are they going to release the game they were working on he used to reply: "will be released when its ready" ;D
... one of the reasons ID was the number 1 game producer at the time

I don't like blizzard as a company but they nailed the ETA definition.

On the word "soon":

Soon: Copyright 2004-2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:01:41 PM by Nekelkosh »

Offline ap0

• If I could merge the Mundane and the Magic....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »
Warpatch campaign? o-o New faction!

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 09:37:59 PM »
Walrus Cavalry

I make this game, James.

Offline TheYamiKami

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
Walrus Cavalry
Yes. Just... Yes. This. This so many times.

Offline ThorFolklore

• A friend in need is a friend indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »
With all the cheese talk that's been going around lately, I'm inclined to believe that this new Warpatch faction (and campaign) has something cheesy up its sleeve.

I hope its Unlimited character comes straight from this! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2014, 03:37:14 AM »
Patch sounds good I'm looking forward to it.

I don't know why nova and the rest of the QA team were so negative this past week if they had already seen this patch. (Nova said the big update was on test for a few days already during his rant) I would have thought something this good would have made them more optimistic. Unless there is something we don't know yet that will make it not be as good as it sounds for some reason.