Author Topic: Mechanize (New Card)  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Nazirite

• Plat Foil so(u)l
    • View Profile
Mechanize (New Card)
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:10:08 AM »
Mechanize is probably the cheapest buffing card with an extra awesome ability, the fact the it changes a character into an Artificial makes it super powerful when combo with tinkerer.

Imagine a paladin became a Artificial with the cost of 1 !! now it's a 10/10 n can be buff by tinkerer every turn :O This combo with be awesome with most of the good cards that we already know. Sol, Skraar, Emberstarter, Resolute Knight, Immovable and many more.

You can also turn Risen of Avarrach n Recurring Nightmare into ur Unending Drone. (yes, they will still be Artificial even after the die)

Mechanize might just be the saver of weak Characters like Constructor, Noble, Alpha one........ N when Lucca comes into play, Constructor n Noble can tag along with all the attackers n not only sit in support :)

Finally, turn any angel into Artificial, when Lucca, Ascended comes into play, it get +4/4 :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:21:49 PM by Nazirite »
Where is my MASS DEATH !!
oh well, let me just calamity.

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanize (New Card)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:24:29 AM »
I made a deck with Infested Scavengers, Risen of Avarrach, Recurring Nightmares and Decrepit Crystals. It was pretty funny but this seems a tad simpler.
Quote from: Teremus
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"

Offline Nazirite

• Plat Foil so(u)l
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »
Infested Scavenger is too slow, meanwhile Mechanize cost 1 !!!
Where is my MASS DEATH !!
oh well, let me just calamity.

Offline MaximumSquid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »
Support Drone was already OP. . . this is even worse unless a bunch of artificial-hate cards make it into the next set

Wreckful Walrus can only target "Artifacts" . . . he might need a change so he can hit "Artificial" as well

---

Edits: Tinker cannot target illegal targets so you cannot play Mechanize and use her ability on the same character on the same turn
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:01:25 PM by MaximumSquid »

Offline dougernaut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »

Mechanize might just be the saver of weak Characters like Constructor, Noble, Alpha one........ N when Lucca comes into play, Constructor n Noble can tag along with all the attackers n not only sit in support :)

Finally, turn any angel into Artificial, when Lucca, Ascended comes into play, it get +4/4 :D

Plus you can mechanize Lucca to sacrifice her to the constructor so that you can play her again.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 03:00:05 PM »
Well this is going to be helpful in my Enyah deck...

Since it runs Azael and Lanstead, it's nice to see more ways to break her into several tiny pieces and storm the enemy fortress when I follow up with Lucca(s) and Hehkeem.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline aldin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 08:43:45 PM »
Seems like a great "splash and give me MU2 via Orion" card.  You can run FD rush with single purity FD and add Orion and Support Drone in command with MU2 and Mechanize in the Deck for all sorts of fun and games.  If your opponent spends resources defeating the rush, they get killed by MU2.  If they spend resources trying to deal with Orion, they fall to the rush. Hmmmm...

Orion, Master Engineer
Support Drone
Bromich, Field Commander

7xFlame Dawn Aspirant
3xWealthy Noble
3xFlame Dawn Commando
3xFleeting Footman
3xEmberstarter
3xPaladin of the Flame Dawn
3xVicious Ransacker
3xMechanize
2xPurify
2xExhaust
2xMega Unit 02
2xStumble
2xCleanse the Land
2xOverload
He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 08:46:31 PM »
I'm guessing this doesn't get rid of other typing when it gives artificial? Might make GI and WP able to be used together a little easier, though it may also prevent healing with Tribal Medicine, but that card is rarely used anymore. :(
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Abyss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 08:33:06 AM »
I like Mechanize because it's a cool card.

I hate the fact that IW hands out big stat buffs like candy. Extremely cheap candy. The entire stat curve for IW is pretty screwy, big drops are too small, and it's far too easy to buff smaller characters.

It doesn't exactly help that this seems specifically designed to allow you to abuse the worst offender in regards to this issue.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »
I like Mechanize because it's a cool card.

I hate the fact that IW hands out big stat buffs like candy. Extremely cheap candy. The entire stat curve for IW is pretty screwy, big drops are too small, and it's far too easy to buff smaller characters.

It doesn't exactly help that this seems specifically designed to allow you to abuse the worst offender in regards to this issue.
Would that "worst offender" be Lucca or Constructor?

Also, yeah. +4/+4 for 1 is pretty silly, even if it didn't turn stuff artificial.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:47 PM »
At least now there's a reason to run Spec-Ops. Tired of Demon Hunter being the only one that's useful when used in Exiles and inflicting Demon upon my opponents. But, well, it buffs my opponent, so there is that to mull over...
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Abyss

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 12:05:54 AM »

Would that "worst offender" be Lucca or Constructor?

Also, yeah. +4/+4 for 1 is pretty silly, even if it didn't turn stuff artificial.

Lucca. Constructor isn't that bad these days, IMO - they're vulnerable to a lot of removal, and there's a cost involved. This + Support Drone + Aleta let you super buff stuff early game, and then Lucca just starts handing out free +4/+4 buffs because hey, why not?

Offline chaosangel2112

• Fire for Effect!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »
Remove the buff

Keep the one cost

Target creature becomes artificial for one cost.

(Most) Problem solved