Author Topic: What does Infinity Wars mean to you?  (Read 7883 times)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Re: What does Infinity Wars mean to you?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »

An ok game, I played it a little bit. However you cannot rotate your pieces like you can in tetris... 1/10
Goose got me loose!

Offline Xyst

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
I started playing IW when it was announced as a FTP Beta DTCG on Steam (During the Infestation Expansion Pre-Release). Since I had an extensive background in Card games (MtG in 1994, Net Runner, Legend of the 5 Rings, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc...) and a love for them, I decided to give it a try. I was amazed by the visual card art, the dual turn function, the Resource system and the Trading Post - All these things are unique when compared to what I was used to in MtG. The next big thing that got me hooked was the community. I was asking questions in general chat and actually getting solid responses that were helpful. Then came the learning of the game via campaign and academy along with the learning of the cards that I had in my collection and seeing all the other cards that people and bots played against me. Within a few weeks, I had the vision of what this game was and the potential it had to be the next big thing. Then it got better...

I started posting bugs. I made an account on these forums. I started making a friends list in IW. I started visiting the Streamer/Twitch sites people had going and becoming part of the community as a whole. Then (and this was the best part) I started helping other new players like I was helped when I first started playing.

Now I find myself, after learning how to use OBE, making shoutcasts of IW and posting them on my youtube channel. I would have never even known about all this fun stuff if it wasn't for IW and the community I followed therein. Every time I log in to IW, I have friends from all over the world to chat with and play with and watch as they Stream their games on Twitch. I get to talk deck concepts, make some trades, beat down and get beat down on a daily basis - and I love it!

Every day it's like Christmas. I log in and get a gift. I play three games and get a gift. I earn xp and level for a gift. Yeah...sometimes it is socks...but sometimes it is that thing I always wanted, lol :)

So What does Infinity Wars mean to me? In one word, Elphie, COMMUNITY. To expand on that: IW is a community with vision that are striving to make a fun and complete game while we, the players, report the bugs we find in this beta version to eventually have a complete game ready for full release. It is a roller-coaster - full of ups and downs - I am still here because I enjoy the ride.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »

An ok game, I played it a little bit. However you cannot rotate your pieces like you can in tetris... 1/10
Sometimes I wonder if you are a troll pretending to be a cuddly bear. :P

Though I have to admit. Tetris is pretty deep as well. ;)
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline bullno1

• View Profile
    • bullno1
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 03:14:41 PM »
That one game that has lots of potential.

The only game that actually fills my need for a modern digital TCG. Mtg requires payment and only recently (2015) allows full customization. Hearth Stone is too simplistic. Yugioh gets too convoluted until I no longer want to play it.

Ironically, YGO Pro gives you all the cards so I don't find it really fun. While I hate grinding, opening packs, building a viable deck out of a limited collection is entertaining.

Offline Berabouman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:33 AM »
I have...mixed feelings about the game at present. When I first started playing it, I loved it! Now...I don't love it as much. Let me explain in point form. :)

Pros -

1. About 100000% times better than MTG.
2. Pretty good artwork for the most part (although you really really need some variety in artists)
3. Quirky sense of humor.
4. Interesting concept in simultaneous turns, merged deck and other cool concepts.
5. Excellent communication from the Lightmare team generally, letting people know what is going on.

Cons -

1. Bugs. Bugs bugs bugs bugs. Everywhere.
2. Strange design decisions, like making Verore OP (generally) and Exiles weak. And phasing out factions.
3. Isn't that different from your "standard" TCG (which is both good and bad actually)
4. Pretty clumsy interface and other UI/tech stuff that keeps cropping up more often than it should. (login difficulties etc)
5. Terrible matchmaking. I've waited over 20 minutes for a game before.
6. Story and lore is rather cliched and uninteresting (IMHO at least) except for the zombies/angels, which is not too bad.

IW was the first digital TCG I really got into and I still think it has a lot of potential. However, now that I've played more and played other DTCGs I think it has a long way to go. Recently I've picked up War of Omens and I'm sad to say that I'm enjoying it a lot more than IW (at least currently) - it's a lot smoother and refined to my mind, without having any of the cons I've listed above.

I guess time will tell! I think the team has put it in a lot of effort into the game and it shows. I appreciate it, especially the open communication policy. On the other hand, I think the game has a lot of maturing to do to truly be a serious contender.

As the regulars here have probably noted I'm not so active on the forums as I used to be, kind of biding my time to see what changes will be made. I still play my daily games and some Constructed occasionally, so I'm not totally away, but...yeah, seeing what the future will bring basically.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 07:41:59 AM »
It means the procrastination of my work.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 07:43:58 AM »
I have...mixed feelings about the game at present. When I first started playing it, I loved it! Now...I don't love it as much. Let me explain in point form. :)

Pros -

1. About 100000% times better than MTG.
2. Pretty good artwork for the most part (although you really really need some variety in artists)
3. Quirky sense of humor.
4. Interesting concept in simultaneous turns, merged deck and other cool concepts.
5. Excellent communication from the Lightmare team generally, letting people know what is going on.

Cons -

1. Bugs. Bugs bugs bugs bugs. Everywhere.
2. Strange design decisions, like making Verore OP (generally) and Exiles weak. And phasing out factions.
3. Isn't that different from your "standard" TCG (which is both good and bad actually)
4. Pretty clumsy interface and other UI/tech stuff that keeps cropping up more often than it should. (login difficulties etc)
5. Terrible matchmaking. I've waited over 20 minutes for a game before.
6. Story and lore is rather cliched and uninteresting (IMHO at least) except for the zombies/angels, which is not too bad.

IW was the first digital TCG I really got into and I still think it has a lot of potential. However, now that I've played more and played other DTCGs I think it has a long way to go. Recently I've picked up War of Omens and I'm sad to say that I'm enjoying it a lot more than IW (at least currently) - it's a lot smoother and refined to my mind, without having any of the cons I've listed above.

I guess time will tell! I think the team has put it in a lot of effort into the game and it shows. I appreciate it, especially the open communication policy. On the other hand, I think the game has a lot of maturing to do to truly be a serious contender.

As the regulars here have probably noted I'm not so active on the forums as I used to be, kind of biding my time to see what changes will be made. I still play my daily games and some Constructed occasionally, so I'm not totally away, but...yeah, seeing what the future will bring basically.

War of Omens is awesome!
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »
War of Omens is awesome!

I've recently checked out both War of Omens and Solforge, both are good games, but still I believe Infinity Wars is the better of the 3.

Offline Tyroki

• The One
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 02:05:20 PM »
War of Omens is awesome!

I've recently checked out both War of Omens and Solforge, both are good games, but still I believe Infinity Wars is the better of the 3.

Yeah but you've been what we call a 'hardcore fanboy' =P
_________                           _________
      |___|                                 |___|   
  ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Thesis or riot! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »
Yeah but you've been what we call a 'hardcore fanboy' =P

That's not true. I don't fan boy on anything...Let alone being a hardcore one. I just love the art and gameplay of this game. War of Omens is a good game and I play it until I finish all my dailies and spend all my silver. I've been playing about 20 games a day in that game.

Solforge I only play 3 games because after that you only get about 70 silver a win and packs are 5k. So it's not worth it to play after the first 3 wins. For the first win you get about 2.2k silver and 1 booster pack. For the first online win you get an event ticket for a tournament. At 7 you get to play in a draft tournament and keep all the cards you draft. For the 3rd win you get about 2.5k silver and a booster pack/card. After that the rewards are only 70 silver. So you get about 3 free packs from the first 3 wins of the day and then you would have to not only play about 72 games to get another pack, but you have to win them all or you get nothing and it's not worth it....

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 12:44:32 AM »
The game has offered me a way to occupy my mind after what has been not the greatest of years, divorce, family deaths, inability to work due to having fallen from a balcony last year and fracturing 46 bones in my feet, months in a wheelchair, I had to learn to walk again twice but am one again pretty much back to normal except for the constant pain which is not going to go away, and I am working again. I chase two little children around as a single father and don't have a lot of time to get out like I used to. I have met a lot of great and generous people through IW, and enjoy my chat's, helping others out where I can like I was helped by some when I started (thanks - THEGAME-, Lilo, Mrnoodlesworth and others)

There is a lot to like but also a need for many changes that still need to come, delivery on promises has been an issue, but I do believe that you are addressing them now with much more urgency.

All in all I am looking forward to my future in this game, and looking forward to many of the older players and friends who have temporarily jumped ship, coming back! I still chat with many and they will return at some point.
The Hacker