Author Topic: What does Infinity Wars mean to you?  (Read 7723 times)

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
Re: What does Infinity Wars mean to you?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 05:46:22 PM »
That's brilliant Vengeful as that's pretty much how I label my girlfriend, she's the girl of my dreams I didn't realise I had. ;)

Thank you for all your heartening words guys, some are so moving I'm asking David aka Cannonfodder (our Producer who the QA team finally met at 2am yesterday) to ensure the dev and support team reads all your responses (and I'm sure some will chime in!).
Cool :) I'm sure it will be a good morale boost
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline LEGION346

• Translator
  • Don't make me miss that rush, take me to the crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 08:07:05 PM »
Infinity Wars is my free time stealer in a good sense. I can relax when playing it, also variety of decks is awesome ( Expect deck with hubrid characters ). Also IW world is something closest to my because... It's Sci-Fi connected with Fantasy in my opinion in the best way.
Keep doing great job and do impossible!

Offline ruzzlick

• Dale russell
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 09:19:09 PM »
well infinity wars is my first TCG, after playing other types of games for many years I thought lets try IW a TCG. so I found in on steam as free to play and the first thing I saw was the card art, so I went to other TCG online games with a hell of a lot more player base and found the art work very shabby and disappointing. like dual of champions looks like someone has cut out a bit of paper and put a picture on it. so I was wondering why has this got so much player base then I came to understand the people from hearthstone/dual of champions and other tcgs play for the rank format. and as IW has no difference between normal/casual to ranked I find my self playing normal to get into games quicker as ranked will have 5 mins w8ting que and ill player the same player over and over again so ill w8 5mins then play ranked for a 5 mins que time to hope the same player is in another match so I can play another person. I hope this game explodes after realse. with more player base witch has fallen over the months I have been playing.
as a new TCG player iam glad I chose this game first just for the art work I hope there will be some kindle lore books soon as well I think the lore could get very interesting.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 09:40:35 PM »
My brother wanted me to get Steam so I could play A Mighty Quest For Epic Loot, a game he was excited about. So, towards the end of February I downloaded Steam and went looking around the free games. I saw this thing called Infinity Wars, a dTCG. I didn't read much, but being into MtG I figured I would try it out. It was getting late and somehow I knew that if I downloaded the game I would be up all night, and I had to get up in the morning so I thought I should just put it off.
I pulled an all-nighter and played through almost all of the campaign.
Over the next week or so I pulled a few more all-nighters and became obsessed with the game (did a little of A Mighty Quest as well, but I dropped that after those first few weeks). I dove into the lack of lore and started a fanfic, which I shelved later but am about to get back to.
Simultaneous turns makes this game more exciting and interesting than possibly any other game. The art, the community, just makes it so much better.
Infinity Wars is what makes going back to play MtG with my friends boring. It also is what makes all of those mana floods sad, as I turn 5 lands and say "Trading Post." It has also introduced me to Star Trek (beyond the new movies, which I'm not sure count), made me a better TCG player all around, and has opened up new dimensions and worlds for my imagination to play around in.
I made my brother try Infinity Wars and he plays regularly too (though he's not a fan of PvP, but that's another story altogether).
Keep doing what you do, Lightmare.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 09:45:25 PM »
Most innovative and promising TCG on the market that's all. No other TCG can give me an experience even close to that I have in Infinity Wars and it means a lot to me.

There is no personal tragedy related to the game but it will be a real tragedy if something will happen to Infinity Wars and it won't become a new №1 TCG in the world. Because if there is a game which deserves it, it should be IW.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline AAAAANNNTS

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
Was recommended this game almost a year ago, and it just instantaneously wowed me.  Essentially the sole card game I've come across that I think could possibly stand up to MTG in terms of design space, gameplay intricacies, and potential longevity.  I was engrossed in this game, absolutely obsessed with it for a couple months.

However, it became clear that as it stands, the lack of content young TCGs face, the agonizingly slow progress of intended features, and rampant bugs/glitches kept every single one of my friends from getting into it and the overall experience failed to sustain my passion.

As of now, most of the wonder has died off, but I see IW as a promising financial and emotional investment for the long-term.  As it stands now, I just can't put my full energy into it without feeling disappointed.  I may be stepping back for now, but I feel if you guys pick things up a bit (or at least be more clear on your development process), this game may once again grow into something I can lose myself in without regret.
>Lightning Bolt will never be in IW ;_;

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 01:19:19 AM »
I first heard about this game through Greenlight on Steam. I've been a fan of TCGs in the past, but found keeping up with the physical versions to be expensive and eventually a waste of my money as I had nobody to play with (as I spent most of my free time on video games rather than going to comic stores to find other players). I think my first TCG was a card game called Redemption, which was a bible based card game. I then moved on to Yu-Gi-Oh! (though I'd heard about MtG) when I noticed that one of the starter decks came with a dragon card. I stuck with Yu-Gi-Oh! for quite a while, picked up a few other TCGs (including MtG and Pokemon, the later of which I was disappointed in as I felt the video games had a lot more strategy to them), but eventually all my TCG games fell by the wayside as I couldn't stay competitive with what little money I was getting in (and I didn't always have other people to play with, even though I tried to get friends and family into them). I then went to online TCG games, and while they were fun for a while, they too seemed to require me to spend a large amount of money to be competitive.

So here we are, browsing Steams Greenlight since I find the most interesting game concepts there since the big publishers keep wanting to rehash the same old stuff, and I see Infinity Wars. Not only did it have nice looking cards, but it also had interesting mechanics. It was also on Kickstarter which I didn't have the money for back then (and eventually forgot about, thus never helped it to be kickstarted). I also signed up for the newsletter from the main site, I think, or something because it was a while before I realized I had access to being able to play the game, and it was around the time when Rise cards were starting to be previewed (I think around October of last year, maybe earlier). I've been playing since, and enjoying it for the most part. Well, it's not that I've had any games I haven't enjoyed when playing other players, but I tend to burn out on games relatively easily, I have to say. I tend to play a game religiously for a long period of time, and then I hit a point where I lose interest. IW, while kinda in a lull period right now for me, is still having me come back, if for nothing else but the weekly quests and daily log-in rewards. In fact, I think I've been continually playing this game longer than any other game I've played in the past. That's gotta mean something. :)
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline TheYamiKami

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 08:14:36 AM »
Nobody told me about this game. I didn't really do much gaming until this year, so I just got a bunch of cheap and free game my friends played (TF2, The Hidden, Garry's Mod, etc). Obviously I got hooked on games for a while once I started, so I went looking for new games once I got good at the other ones, and I found this. I used to be really into MTG, but about a year into playing I had nobody I could play anymore because all my friends were sick of losing to me; so I had to stop. The same thing happened to me back when I played Yugioh as a kid. I'd learn how a game worked, and then beat everyone I knew into the ground with it. This games set up makes it so there is no one type of play style that can crush all others, and so I can never be unbeatable. This game did not save my life, or redefine me as a person, but it has definitely changed my outlook on TCG's, and I won't be quitting any time soon.

Offline _rgriff

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
What is IW? Its a game that worth playing, no less. It has its problems, but overall it has good design, good art and community.
What else is to wish? Bug fixes and balance, I suppose  :P

Offline Naudilent

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 03:34:31 PM »
I was very into MtG many years back.  The last couple years I grew interested in returning to the game, but I remembered the investment involved and settled for Duels of the Planeswalkers last summer.  Which was...nice, but lacking feeling

Especially the feeling of opening new packs -- who doesn't enjoy the hell out of opening new packs?

I don't remember where I first read about IW.  I think I googled digital tcg on a lark (not knowing anything about the internet tcg lay of the land at that time) and found a review or something (it had just come out on Steam), which led me to WW Knight's lore page, which led me to downloading it. 

I was immediately taken with the game, the lore, the animation, the depth of play and so on.  The community is terrific, a gold mine really, and for all its issues the game remains enjoyable in the 5 months or so I've stuck with it.  And I don't even play that much, at least against people I don't know or haven't interacted with (odd "stage fright" like effect happens -- very irritating). 

But fun!  Good chat!  Opening packs! 

Offline lilo

• [rebooting...]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 12:26:18 AM »
Yeah... relationships.

I had this emotional breakdown 2 weeks after my birthday: my then girlfriend moved away to a town that I hate (another ex from 9 years ago used to live there), and my mind wandered into "what if" territory.

Thanks to that I needed something complex and deep enough to keep my head busy, and IW proved to be that, and more. Talking with the guys in the game since day one, then on the forums and with some of the team through e-mail was so much fun that I recovered from my heartbreak in no time, and now am ready to move along, changing cities and possibly changing my career path yet again.

My time on comp is always best spent listening to music while browsing and multitasking (Word + Excel + any other project that is rolling), and having a complex, yet fast-paced game that doesn't need me to commit real-time to it (hate you, FPSes) really sets my mood high; Even when playing dungeon crawlers or tower defenses (all mostly on single player / PvE), I spend more time reading their wikis and forums than actually playing - that's where the fun is for me, as I am not much of an action person. Plus, I dislike PvP - learning the cards sharing strategies with others gives IW a cooperative feeling, even when you play against someone (well... Most of the good times I had in the game I felt that I played together with someone, not against).

tl;dr: Thank you for creating such a wonderful game to mend broken hearts, Lightmare!
[Collection Sale]

◕ ‿‿ ◕

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough."

Offline IanUnderwood

• Infinity Wars Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 04:50:51 AM »
Infinity Wars means a lot to me too, although differently from most. For me, the best part of IW is seeing the community that's growing up around the game, seeing their passion for the game, it warms my heart.

When I was little I used to make card games out of cardboard boxes for my brothers and friends. I remember my little 7 year old cousin beating me over and over again in one of them (I was a teen at the time, it was embarrassing to lose at my own game so badly. Now she's a teen, I don't think she's played a card game since). I remember the fun we had, playing the games I made for them, and how happy they would be. I always knew, however, that none of those games were really very well designed, they just played them because they were my friends and family.

Ultimately, the goal of any game developer is to try to bring joy to as many people as possible, to think that all these people I've never met (and to be honest, am always too shy to meet except on my smurf account) are having the same sort of fun my little brothers and cousins would have back then is amazing. Threads like this make me really happy.

Offline Chapmandu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 10:36:37 AM »
What Infinity wars means to me has changed a lot over time. I used to be big into MTG but times changed and I found Infinity Wars as my replacement. Playing, trading and the community where amazing and completely blew HearthStone off my favorite game list. But one day, it all changed…

I found that there was an old card list file in the root directory and, being a developer, I thought it would be cool if I could create a card search website. I told Gravecrawler who got a few other very talented people involved and after 3 months of work the Infinite Network was born.

While I do enjoy working on the Infinite Network I also get frustrated. We accepted early on that we were doing this little support from Lightmare and while we don't mind, it can be hard. We capture all the card art and type up the cards by hand ourselves and while we have links with the QA people, we normally know about changes when everybody else does.
I'm sure they are just too busy to get in touch but I do sometimes wonder if they are okay with us running the Infinite Network (which I can understand, I'm not sure how I would feel seeing my work on a site run by a random guy on the other side of the planet). I'd love to know what the Infinite Network means to them!

This combined with all the bugs and issues means Infinity Wars to me is a source of great joy but also a lot of frustration. Regardless I expect I'll keep playing (and updating the Network) for as long as I can. 
We fight for the users!

Offline delusionsofhope

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
Infinity Wars.....where to even begin.

I have been and avid TCG/CCG player for almost 20 years now (will actually celebrate my 20th anniversary in about a month...bought my pack of MtG cards and never looked back.)  I used to have a huge playgroup growing up and we played till all hours of the night.  Than I got married and things changed.  My ex-wife didn't like me going out to play cards with friends so thus I lost contact with a lot of people.  Now I live in an area where no one plays Magic and thus I have been TCG/CCG hopping for almost six years now.

Like someone else posted here the only one I found was Carte and once they closed there servers down I was lost again.  I than had a friend (who also played Carte) turned me onto this game and I haven't looked back. 

I am looking forward to growing with this game.  I have been here since Rise and have enjoyed every step.  From only having 10 people on at a time to the Steam release where I actually played a different opponent every game.  I have high hopes that Infinity Wars will become what Magic was for me back in the day.  A near obsession where I can talk with friends (and hopefully clan/guild/crew mates!) about strategy and be on vent/skype/mumble all hours of the night talking about it.  I am looking forward to seeing what is around the corner as far as game development goes (multiplayer/AH/forge system etc.)  I have faith in Lightmare and I am really looking to seeing what they do after they get all the bugs squashed.

Lightmare itself (not IW) has driven me back into working hardcore on my own card game that I have been brewing for a long time but I will leave it at that!

Cheers to you lightmare *raises a tankard of ale in your honor and dives back into the rift*

~DelusionsOfHope
Live, Laugh, Love and Enjoy a good game of Infinity Wars!

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »
Infinity Wars = More than two battles or conflicts between two separate or same parties that occur in perpetuity.

Metaphorically: The shenanigans going on in the Middle East; Ukraine/Russia

Monetarily: $300/5 month

According to Geico commercial in 2006 =  priceless

Emotionally: A loveless marriage where divorce is not preferable due to kids but with a slight glimmer of hope for rekindled romance through repair of broken trusts, incorporation of new ideas and creation of new interface for trading feelings, thoughts and notting butt sax.