Author Topic: How do multistrike and Unstoppable interact?  (Read 956 times)

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
How do multistrike and Unstoppable interact?
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:55:32 AM »
I've recently had some wicked ideas for combining Unstoppable with Immolate Drone, Leader of the Charge, Aberion's Banner and Ireul. I wanted to know how multistrike interacts with cards that have unstoppable, whether natively or otherwise. Because a drag-downed, unstoppable buffed Immolate Drone (especially when it immolates via Brimstone) is some that's actually potentially scary. Being able to add multistrike to make it even more powerful could make for some interesting combos, especially when combining Bloodbath or Swift Strikes with Ireul and Aberion's Banner.

While on the topic of Aberion's Banner. If that solo character attacks more than once, then it seems like it would get +5/+5 for each time it attacks. This would make for a devastating blow to the fortress whenever what's attack FINALLY reaches it. If it somehow also has consume... Well... It's safe to say that fortress is dead given a small number of characters defend against this monster character.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
Re: How do multistrike and Unstoppable interact?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »
Multi-strike works exactly like the tooltips and cards describe it: the character gains X extra attacks on that turn.

Assume there is an attacker with multi-strike 2 (let's say you used 2 emberstarter and gave them unstoppable and in defense there are 2 invincible defenders. In this case, the interaction with unstoppable would work like this: If the character kills the defender with a single hit, he will proceed to attack the next one because of unstoppable. If he can't kill it in one hit (which he can't), he will attack him again, thus using one of the extra attacks. If that second attack kills the defending character (which it does), the attacker proceeds to attack the second one due to the unstoppable effect. Since he has used his multi-strike, the emberstarter will only land 1 hit on the second defender and stop attacking. The second one will finish the defender of and, due to unstoppable, will attack the fortress twice, since it still has his multi-strike intact.

That should sum up every possibility of interaction.

TL;DR: Multi-strike gives a character extra hits that are not consumed by unstoppable's effect (which gives an additional +1 attack if the criteria is met, aka dead character)

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »
That sounds... Amazing. If Aberion's Banner procs more than once in a turn when using unstoppable or multistrike, then Ireul can single-handedly take down the fortress with a second attack and 7 or 8 dead blockers. Immolate Drone's ability procs more than once vai unstoppable; I know from experience. If given a health/attack buff and unstoppable, that thing will burn the defense zone to the ground if it either has plenty flying to chew through or has been dragged down. Add in Brimstone for the burrning of anything that survives it.

Now I really want to make an Ireul deck with Aberion's Banner in it.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 01:39:17 AM »
Aberion's Banner only gives it +5/+5 once per attack. For instance, if Agent Coyle, Firestarter is attacking alone with no blockers and Aberion's Banner, he will deal 12 damage 3 times (as he has 3 attacks). If that's what you mean by the banner proccing each time it attacks, then ignore this post. Wasn't sure, by the wording, if you thought it'd get +5/+5 on top of the bonus it got on the first attack onto the second attack as well.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 01:47:19 AM »
Oh, okay. That's not what I meant. It reads whenever a character attacks alone. Which, to me, means that each time he attacks he gets +5/+5. You're saying it only works once per turn. Makes sense, I guess. Ireul is not quite as amazing as I thought he was... Oh well... At least you can still Seclude some Bad-bots into him :P

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 02:07:13 AM »
It's a temporary buff for the attack, meaning he gets ready to attack, gets +5/+5, attacks, loses -5/-5, gets ready to attack again, +5/+5, etc.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 02:25:03 AM »
Ah... Interesting... That means he can essentially shrug of anything less than 5 power. I can imagine that'd be useful for taking out most Support-Zone dwellers, and definitely for taking about fresh tokens. Still not as powerful as I was hoping for, but I can imagine it would definitely help if you're going to have a character single-handedly try to take on an entire defense zone anyways. Oh well.

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
I guess one last bit of clarification is needed. While he gains +5/+5, it does not give him temporary hit points like Bloodthirst does, so if he is hit for 5 damage while affected by Aberion's Banner, when he loses the +5/+5, he'll still have the 5 damage leaving Iruel at 10/5. He is pretty much designed to deal with Support Zone dwellers that don't deal a lot of damage, hence why most people don't value him that useful as a newly played card can prevent him from actually making it to the support zone characters.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »
I guess, to be fair, Aberion's Banner would probably be OP if it interacted with Unstoppable this way, even if its rarity got boosted to epic to make up for it. Oh well. At least Unstoppable plus Dead Faster would still probably wreck the place.