Author Topic: Immolation stacking  (Read 1172 times)

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
Immolation stacking
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »
Does it normally stack together? When I use Immolate from Brimstone, it does its 2 damage at the end of the turn. However, if a character gets immolated more than once, it stacks, dealing 4 at the end of the turn. Has it been like this?
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Crazy-Bunny

Re: Immolation stacking
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
Yes, Immolate stacks. It has always been like this as far as I remember.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »
This is no longer the case.  Immolation, poison, etc. now only appear to apply the largest instance of the effect.  So Immolation 5 will replace Immolation 3, not make it Immolation 8.  I did not see this anywhere in the patch notes, so it might be an unintended change/bug.

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »
The interaction may be a little tricky, but this probably needs more testing. I remember facing an Avatar of Lingbao and hitting it multiple times with Kali. The end result was to stack immolate so many times on it that it was permanently exhausted lol.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »
Hmm.  It's possible that immolate from the same source DOES stack then, where that from multiple copies of Brimstone, for instance, does not.  If someone who has more of these kinds of cards than I would test it, I'm sure Lightmare would like to hear the resulting bug reports.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »
Maybe highest value in any given turn? Definately need to playtest these interactions more to be certain.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.