Poll

Which do you think is the greater evil?

The Sleepers of Avarrach
17 (58.6%)
The Exiles
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Sleepers Versus Exiles: Vote for the Greater Evil!  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
Re: Sleepers Versus Exiles: Vote for the Greater Evil!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:50 AM »
A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me, and I'll drown."

The scorpion assured him, "If I do that, we'll both drown."

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too."

"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »
So.. Are scorpions evil?
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 04:01:32 AM »
As far as I can tell, the only faction I'd say fits the classical definition of evil is Verore.  However, many of the factions could be considered evil.  The overseers incinerated an entire world just in case there were any Sleepers on it. Flame Dawn conquered and pillaged their world,  then moved on to the next, the world of the Warpath, and started killing everything there.  They even wiped out an entire species, the Vulpani.  Genesis is basically manipulating events just to save themselves.  The sleepers are operating only on the base desire of the Virus to reproduce.  The Exiles as a whole are mostly just insane, but I'd say Vasir is evil.  In the Infinity Wars Multiverse, like in real life, things aren't black and white.

Offline Conquest

• Out with the old,in with the new. Long live Solace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 07:49:30 AM »
So.. Are scorpions evil?

Scorpions = Sleepers of Avarrach confirmed  :P

But I do agree there are evils other than the Sleepers and Exiles.  I'd have to go with FD being the greatest evil.
THE VIRUS RISES ONCE MORE!

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 08:59:26 PM »
Cult of Verore is greatest evil, followed by FD, then Overseers (wiping out WP like that. :P). Then it gets a bit foggy, but I guess Exiles, then Sleepers, then GI. That makes WP and DoD the good guys. :D (Also, good guys tend to get set back, but end up being victorious in the end, so that means WP is the greater of the two goods as they've been set back a lot. ;) )
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 05:44:03 AM »
Please, people, put the question of the definition of true evil aside. This thread is purely for fun only.

As far as I can tell, the only faction I'd say fits the classical definition of evil is Verore.  However, many of the factions could be considered evil.  The overseers incinerated an entire world just in case there were any Sleepers on it. Flame Dawn conquered and pillaged their world,  then moved on to the next, the world of the Warpath, and started killing everything there.  They even wiped out an entire species, the Vulpani.  Genesis is basically manipulating events just to save themselves.  The sleepers are operating only on the base desire of the Virus to reproduce.  The Exiles as a whole are mostly just insane, but I'd say Vasir is evil.  In the Infinity Wars Multiverse, like in real life, things aren't black and white.
Of course things aren't black and white in real life, but this is fiction. Which faction do you want to consider the greater evil, that is the real question. Also, this is a thread about the Sleepers and the Exiles, and as much as I appreciate your effort put into your post, it's kinda off–topic. Try not to go off topic. :)

P.S. Most of the facts you stated are probably based on fan–fiction rather than canon, which aren't exactly reliable sources of information.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 05:51:55 AM »
A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me, and I'll drown."

The scorpion assured him, "If I do that, we'll both drown."

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too."

"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."
Plot twist: the Scorpion was a carrier of the Avarrachian Virus, and was manipulating the Fox so that the Fox could join the Undead ranks. They do not drown and proceeded to join a nearby Sleeper horde, and fought enemies happily ever after.