Author Topic: [Dev Blog] Moose Report #1  (Read 12465 times)

Offline Theorician

• View Profile
Re: [Dev Blog] Moose Report #1
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 03:56:01 PM »
There is nothing to 'nerf' about verore as a whole. Almost all of their cards are situational and can fail at any given time.

If you want to nerf something, try looking at these genesis goons  ::)

Offline Tyroki

• The One
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 06:20:25 PM »
Oh man, we need to nerf the Exiles too!

They're too stronk! TOOOOOOO STROOOOOOONK!
_________                           _________
      |___|                                 |___|   
  ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Thesis or riot! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 02:21:13 AM »
I looked into a few cards that got mentioned, Sacullas being one of them, and I've previously noted why resolving during the effect phase can be a horrible, horrible idea in this thread http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=61977.0

The thing is, he's already horrible to people. FD has a lot of +2 per character options. Bromich/Banner give +2 to your guy directly, Sacullas does +2 per character, and Centurion gets +2 per character. Bromich is, stat-wise, a +2/+2 to Sacullas, so Sacullas getting a cool effect upon hitting the fortress would make sense, actually, as all these OTHER methods require hitting the fortress directly. Centurion isn't unique, is 3 cost, but has understandably smaller stats for it. I'm not saying he has to change, but I'm starting to see why they would want him changed.

Something about Dark Wish is that, yes, it does everything, but it's only stronger than a few certain cards that I can think of. Does it ahve Varyus's ability? Yes. Does it cost a resource more despite this? Yes. Does it deal as much damage as Blood Arrow? Yes. Is it more expensive? Yes. Is there no sacrifice? Yes. Would 3 lightning bolts deal more damage? Yes. Would it be cheaper? Yes. Is it like how Exhaust is 1 extra resource for a second Stumble? Yes. Does it draw 3 cards? Yes. It is actually better than Devil's Bargin? Yes. Is it a higher purity? Yes. Is it a higher rarity? Yes. Does it do the same thing as Awaken? Yes. Does it cost exactly as much? Yes. Does it, for some reason, not have the ability to target the field (and maybe hand) like Awaken can? Yes. Does it create a demon that is much stronger than most other fliers? Yes. Is it far cheaper? Yes. Does it stop you from using other effects? Yes.

Is anybody complaining about Vasir though? Alright, he's a 7-cost, but he has +2/+2 and Unstoppable. Is he really THAT MUCH more balanced than Dark Wish? The demon aside, Devil's Bargin is the only card with a similar effect where this outright bests it. While Blood Arrow does require sacrifice, that's been a running theme throughout Verore as of late. Plus, Blood Arrow and accept Rita's Thrall, allowing for a fodder thaat comes back anyways, mitigating the cost some. However, both Devil's Bargin and Blood Arrow are of a much lower purity and rarity, which means you're likely to have 3 of them long before 3 Dark Wish copies. In theory, Devil's Bargin could be a great Exiles splash if it wasn't a 2 purity.

The problem with giving every faction a Mass-Death card is that it devalues Mass-Death being a 2 purity Verore card in the place. If every faction was going to use it, then it might as well be Factionless. I have run into Dark Wish decks that use it for anything but the 16/16 Demon. Granted, I'm pretty sure a Warped Swarmer deck isn't too frequent, but that's a thing. The thing with all-in-one cards like Dark Wish is that I often have to consider which option I pick. Oddly enough, I've have many isntances where I had to consider what I wanted out of it, or outright didn't use it because I didn't need anything at the time. Maybe it's just me, I dunno. I do think some work is needed overall, though I'm not entirely sure how much. Making Dark Wish 6 cost would, as far as I know, balance it out almost immediately.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2014, 02:38:41 AM »
Oh man, we need to nerf the Exiles too!

They're too stronk! TOOOOOOO STROOOOOOONK!

http://i.imgur.com/njz0Ewt.png?1

\o/

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 04:13:57 AM »

\o/

Haven't seen a good devil of despair deck in awhile. Danm that must have felt good

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 07:14:01 AM »
Is anybody complaining about Vasir though?

No... no they are not... lol
Goose got me loose!

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 11:05:20 PM »

\o/

Haven't seen a good devil of despair deck in awhile. Danm that must have felt good

I love devil, to bad you need to baby him entirely just for him to work >.>

wish he was a bit more usable. he use to be a lot more usable when Fight! was able to be used with him, and ritual master had no rng...good times back then :(

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 01:39:38 AM »
I've previously made a long post on making Exiles targeted discard here: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=61955.msg112774#msg112774

WWK & ceces already made an entire thread on making them sacrifice here: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=21205.0

Both take a long look at the entire faction, theirs probably longer than me. I'm pretty sure doing either one could suddenly make the Exiles a force to be reckoned with across the entire game, and not just specific scenario like we have now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:50:42 AM by JSlayerXero »
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 01:45:21 AM »
me and wwk sat both together to redesign them for sacrifice, we are a team \o/

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2014, 08:39:17 PM »
Well the exiles, given you have all cards, are a damn powerful faction now.
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
So they are similar to DoD in needing all the cards, but actually pull ahead a bit? :(
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:33 AM »
Quote from: The_Fallen
Conclusion: I know verore bashing is in, but please consider what you say, as many will now further pressure you into nerfing verore quoting the same statment I did and maybe the one with the toolkit.

They can pressure me all they want, that doesn't mean it's going to be changed. I didn't discuss verore because a bunch of people were QQ'ing about them, I discussed the guiding principles behind how Lightmare discusses balance in Infinity Wars.

Well we all see how this turned out.
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User