Author Topic: [FAN THEORY & SPOILERS] Agent Coyle's "Coylelamity"  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Bactrian

• View Profile
[FAN THEORY & SPOILERS] Agent Coyle's "Coylelamity"
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
My theory is Agent Coyle caused a "calamity" of his own.

Just to make it more readable, I'm going to call Aleta's calamity the "Calamity", and the calamity I think Coyle created the "Coylelamity".

To make things more readable as well, I'm going to call Alpha One Coyle "Alpha Coyle" and I'm going to call original Coyle "Omega Coyle" (why not). To fill in people on the existing Lore, Alpha One time jumped into Avarannch, never witnessed the calamity, was given power by Omega One Coyle is currently Agent Coyle Hellbringer. Omega One survives the Calamity, goes around the various factions to learn their powers and eventually gives his powers to Alpha One. Omega is currently Agent Coyle Soulseller.

I have some evidence for this which is what I'm going to go through first:

Exhibit A

Quote from: The Calamity card flavour text
After the Calamity not a single mortal human was left alive in the Old World.
The Calamity sundered the very reality of the world, splitting it into infinite alternated dimensions.

Evidence 1: The Calamity rips the world into infinite dimensions - therefore, Before the Calamity, there were not an infinite number of dimensions

Exhibit B

Quote from: Aleta, Immortal Caretaker card flavour text
Her mind erased from the power of the Calamity, Aleta never knew the face of another human until the rifts appeared.
Throughout millennia, Aleta has cared for the beasts, believing she was the only human in her world. There was, however, one other.

We know that the Old World aka the Warpath world, is the origin of the Calamity. From this text we know that both Omega Coyle and Aleta survived the Calamity, Aleta having her memory wiped.

Evidence 2: Omega Coyle and Warpath/Original Calamity Aleta both survive and are in the Old World immediately post calamity.

Exhibit C

Quote from: Aleta’s Discovery card flavour text
The discovery of parallel versions of myself, while logical, was nevertheless unsettling.

We also know that Omega Coyle becomes Agent Coyle, Primal Hunter, then at some point leaves, and goes on to become Agent Coyles, Immovable and Firestarter...

In other words:

Evidence 3: There are multiple copies of Aleta, one in each human world

Evidence 4: However there are not Coyles for each human world, EVEN THOUGH HE IS IMMORTAL!

Let's review: Before the Calamity, there were not infinite worlds. The Calamity was caused by Aleta, and "split" Aleta across infinite worlds. Coyle was not split by the Calamity...

SO HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE FOR THERE TO BE TWO COYLES?

MY THEORY

At some point, prior to the Calamity, there was a Coylelamity.

This was much smaller than the Calamity, but nevertheless created several alternate worlds. Imagine Aleta's crazy power, which destroys most of the life on a planet, and sundering the universe into countless dimensions.
This Calamity is a way of the universe balancing out Aleta's power, by splitting it up and dividing it among multiple, weaker Aletas (also refer to Verore Aleta's flavour text, where she is becoming closer to once again destroying the world before Vasir heroically stops her!).

Now what if Coyle at some point reached a point where his power was too great, but not to the extent of Aleta. Instead of blowing up the universe like a giant explosion, it happens like a cell splitting in two, with two identical or near identical universes created, with Coyle's power split between them.

Then when the Calamity occurs, Alpha Coyle's Old World is insulated from the effect. Meanwhile Omega Coyle is on the same world as Calamity Aleta and the whole thing blows up - possibly another reason they have different outlooks.

Timeline:

Implications

In the Calamity, Coyle was not "mirrored". In the Coylelamity, Aleta may not be mirrored either i.e., the key difference between Alpha and Omega Coyle's worlds could be that Omega Coyle's has Aleta, while Alpha Coyle's doesn't. This is why there is no "second Calamity" occurring on Alpha Old World.

Mirror Aleta Sub-Theory
However if Aleta was mirrored, what happens to Alpha Old World? It becomes Avarannch (I called it Kyrallic in the timeline, oops!). Alpha One leaps through a time portal. What if it isn't to another world, just the same world, forward in time. Imagine if Single Old World was also technologically advanced, possibly near nanotechnology or a "technological singularity". Calamity/Omega Aleta destroys it, preventing the Sleepers... but on Alpha World there is no calamity.. so instead the virus happens and destroys the world.

This would explain the similarity in art between Ruins of an Ancient Civilization and Undisturbed Necropolis as well. It would also mean...

ALPHA COYLE WAS ZOMBORG ALL ALONG!!!!!!

Edit: To explain this theory more

Quote from: Agent Coyle, Alpha One card flavour text
Alpha One encountered this time’s twisted infested version of himself. Though it had grown so much stronger from its previous infiltrations, IT needed to be faced.

We know from Alpha One's card text that the Zomborg he encounters has "previous infiltrations". From the PoV of both Coyles, it could be either post-powerup Alpha One or Omega One. After all, would Alpha or Omega Coyle really be able to tell which one of them really was Zomborg?.

In fact Alpha One could assume Zomborg is "Omega One gone bad" once he meets Omega - he sees Zomborg has power from "previous infiltrations". Then he meets Omega, who is powered up from his previous infiltrations (meanwhile, Alpha has none - how could he be Zomborg?). Presumably Omega will infiltrate again with the Sleepers.

So Alpha says he needs the powerup from Omega in order to defeat future, bad Omega. In Omega's mind, giving Alpha his power not only lets him beat Zomborg.. but by weakening himself (giving Alpha his power) he is also weakening his future, Zomborg self. 

Alpha could really be doing the right thing.... That is, until the power goes to his head and he decides to become Zomborg himself!!!

That's right! When Alpha One fought Zomborg the first time, that was actually Alpha One post-powerup, post-virus all along!

Flavor text quotes from  this thread!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:52:02 PM by Bactrian »

Offline bowtastic

• Walk into the club like what up I got a big deck.
    • View Profile
Re: [FAN THEORY & SPOILERS] Agent Coyle's "Coylelamity"
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:47:51 PM »
Coyle lore was explained by the man himself in Infinity cast ep 4 if I'm not mistaken. Also, Coyle is not from IW. Coyle is a character from Omni, a MOBA from Lightmare, who was 'ripped' from the Omniverse and thrown into the IWverse by the power of the Calamity (WWK said it himself). This means Coyle is POST-CALAMITY, in other words, Coyle had nothing to do with it and it is impossible for him to be split if he had nothing to do with the Calamity. With this in mind, the Coylelamity could not have happened since you say it happened BEFORE the Calamity. Also, most of this theory is absolutely absurd from the way I see it, perhaps you should do more research next time.
PS: It's 'Avarrach' not 'Avarannch'.
I say we build a statue to our great dwarf overlord. He will guide us in our quest to diggy diggy hole.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:29:07 PM »
Alpha One's flavor text is erroneous. He didn't meet Zomborg, he became Zomborg.
Here's what happened, in brief. (This is my summary and may not be 100% accurate)
Agent Coyle has the power to absorb other powers. He shows up in Talich and joins the GI. Then he goes to the FD. Then WP, then DoD (how he got from the Untamed World to Reish is unexplained, and I may have gotten WP and DoD out of order). Having run into Avarrach and realizing the extent and danger of the virus, Coyle knows he can't take it on alone.
So when Alpha Coyle hops out of a rift into his backyard, Agent Coyle gives him his powers and says "Hey you, go kill zombies."
Alpha Coyle promptly becomes infected with the virus. Good job, hero. Now Agent Coyle is powerless and Alpha Coyle, the hope to stop the virus, has joined the zombies.
Ascension!
Agent Coyle, hoping to regain his powers, bargains with the Verore
Alpha Coyle, trying his hand at cliche villainy, throws a demon into the mix.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »
One other error you made:
The Old World is the Pre-Calamity world.  The world that the Warpath live in is the Untamed World.  Originally, the world of the Warpath was called the Old World, but when Infestation came out, they changed the naming system. 

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »
Biggest gap in this theory...

Where's the wizard? Time and time again, when asked about coyle lore, I c,early point out a wizard did it.

And yet, no wizard in this theory.

Debunked
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 02:04:23 AM »
Where's the wizard?
The Wizard is probably hiding on Reish. In a Hamster ball, because they're all the rage these days.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 04:38:54 AM »
+1 for diagrams! :D
Goose got me loose!

Offline noonameleft

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »
Very well made post Benionin, good job! Finally sorted all the confusing about coyle in my head.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »
Thanks, noonameleft
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Bactrian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 10:46:04 AM »
Coyle lore was explained by the man himself in Infinity cast ep 4 if I'm not mistaken. Also, Coyle is not from IW. Coyle is a character from Omni, a MOBA from Lightmare, who was 'ripped' from the Omniverse and thrown into the IWverse by the power of the Calamity (WWK said it himself). This means Coyle is POST-CALAMITY, in other words, Coyle had nothing to do with it and it is impossible for him to be split if he had nothing to do with the Calamity. With this in mind, the Coylelamity could not have happened since you say it happened BEFORE the Calamity. Also, most of this theory is absolutely absurd from the way I see it, perhaps you should do more research next time.
PS: It's 'Avarrach' not 'Avarannch'.

It was episode 3 actually. If you go and look at the episode the first thing Elphie says at the very beginning is "I'm not speaking in an official capacity"... so... there's  that.

Keep in mind I wrote a fan-theory, not official lore. It's nice to have a "in-universe" explanation, rather than just a "well character X got pulled from a different franchise". Particularly since the two Coyles characters seem pretty central to the lore and story with the Coyles making up 8 legendaries between them now. That is literally 6 more than any other character.

BTW if the "from Omni" theory is correct, where did the second Coyle come from? That seems to me like a bit of a plot hole.

Sorry you found my theory so ridiculous though.

Alpha One's flavor text is erroneous. He didn't meet Zomborg, he became Zomborg.
Here's what happened, in brief. (This is my summary and may not be 100% accurate)
Agent Coyle has the power to absorb other powers. He shows up in Talich and joins the GI. Then he goes to the FD. Then WP, then DoD (how he got from the Untamed World to Reish is unexplained, and I may have gotten WP and DoD out of order). Having run into Avarrach and realizing the extent and danger of the virus, Coyle knows he can't take it on alone.
So when Alpha Coyle hops out of a rift into his backyard, Agent Coyle gives him his powers and says "Hey you, go kill zombies."
Alpha Coyle promptly becomes infected with the virus. Good job, hero. Now Agent Coyle is powerless and Alpha Coyle, the hope to stop the virus, has joined the zombies.
Ascension!
Agent Coyle, hoping to regain his powers, bargains with the Verore
Alpha Coyle, trying his hand at cliche villainy, throws a demon into the mix.

Yeah I'm aware that Elphie says it's erroneous (also note this isn't necessarily official). If you watch the cast he says that is because it's Alpha who becomes Zomborg, not Omega (so in Elphie's version he can't meet himself... because it's Alpha the whole time). What I'm saying is also consistent... in my version Alpha both meets himself AND becomes Zomborg (I'm basically combining two separate bits of lore into a consistent whole).

Going to quote this bit again because it's a big plot hole in itself, and the other reason why I wrote my original fan-lore:

Pretty much, why would Omega Coyle ever give his power to Alpha? If Alpha Coyle can go somewhere (like back to Avarrach) Omega Coyle can too.

Imagine you have worked on building a company up for your whole life. If you meet a long-lost identical twin, even if they are extremely similar to you and remind you of yourself... are you going to give them the company just because? Now imagine it's thousands of years! Why would he EVER give his power to Alpha?

In my version, both Coyles think it's Omega who becomes infected in the future, so they give the power to Alpha so future-infected-Omega-Coyle isn't unstoppable from his accumulated power.

Biggest gap in this theory...

Where's the wizard? Time and time again, when asked about coyle lore, I c,early point out a wizard did it.

And yet, no wizard in this theory.

Debunked

Coyle is totally a wizard.

EDIT: proof

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:58:41 AM by Bactrian »

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 10:07:45 PM »
*Inspects the hat closer*

Well, it certainly is pointy, and it has the requisite number of stars.

I guess Coyle is a wizard!
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.