Author Topic: Cthulhu Girl Thanks You For Your Help!  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Cthulhu Girl

• Will bite if provoked
    • View Profile
    • Infinite Network
Cthulhu Girl Thanks You For Your Help!
« on: June 22, 2014, 04:47:41 AM »
Whew! It’s been a few days since Ascension’s release and the preorder data has finally quit coming in. I would like to give everyone that participated a big round of applause. It was a lot of work, but in the end we gathered information from 2,660 packs for a total of 39,900 cards! But before I give you the rundown on all the numbers, I’d like to put forth a few disclaimers.

Disclaimer:
This information is based off player experience and ONLY includes self-reported information from Ascension preorders opened between June 14th and June 18th of 2014. This is not official Lightmare data. Card drop rates are subject to change without notification.

Disclaimer:
This data is for curiosity purposes only. It is not intended to be used to predict future card drop rates. Please read all information regarding the statistics in order to understand them thoroughly. If you do not completely understand this information (or want help on your statistics homework), please contact me.

: By viewing the below information, you certify that you have read, understand, and will follow the above disclaimers.

Hopefully this information has been interesting and thank you once again to everyone who contributed! Remember that this information is very limited in scope and based only on player collected data and nothing from Lightmare. Use it wisely. Good luck and have fun!
Visit my YouTube channel for informative card and deck analysis videos, as well as highlights from my stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/CthulhuGirl00

Offline ohaz

• View Profile
Re: Cthulhu Girl Thanks You For Your Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 05:27:35 AM »
I really like this and I really hope that people won't start crying now because they don't understand how random works :D
To those guys/girls: Random means that someone can potentially pull out 20 legendaries in a row, while you buy 200 packs without a single legendary. Keep that in mind!

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
I bought 42 packs and didn't get any legendaries! Your math is wrong! I DESERVED ONE! LM HAX! WAAAAAAAH!

Just kidding!*  Good work. :)

*I'm kidding about the mathematical illiteracy, this did actually happen to me with the Ascension pre-order. Curse you RNG!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:47:12 AM by Cleanse »

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 09:15:10 AM »
nice shame those numbers didn't work in my favour I open 83 packs didn't get one legend wish I got at least one but never mind can always get from trade one day lol.

Offline 3Sleeper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »
how do these numbers compare to Infestation release...or we dont have the numbers there?

Offline Cthulhu Girl

• Will bite if provoked
    • View Profile
    • Infinite Network
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
how do these numbers compare to Infestation release...or we dont have the numbers there?
This is the first time numbers have been gathered. We have no public data from Infestation.
Visit my YouTube channel for informative card and deck analysis videos, as well as highlights from my stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/CthulhuGirl00

Offline ntr0py

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 11:47:16 AM »
Our statistics overlord has spoken. Now I shall crawl back into a dark corner.  ???

Offline randomasta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 11:57:50 AM »
Thanks for doing this! Now I fell a bit lucky, getting 1 legendary and 1 epic from 12 packs ;D

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 12:37:59 PM »
I got a legendary in my first pack! But then I only got 1 more legendary in the rest of my 70 packs so i felt abit less lucky :P
Goose got me loose!

Offline cprender

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Great work,

One thing you might want to look into going forward is the pull rate of pre-orer vs. normal boosters. I purchased 20 or so noprmal boosters and I got a crazy pull rate on Legendaries, epics and rares.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 01:35:04 PM »
I don't think there's any difference on Pull rate, to be honest. They should both be roughly the same with the exception that from normal boosters you can get gold bordered cards though my understanding is that gold borders should be roughly equal to foil cards.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline TimetoSplit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
I got incredibly lucky, getting 4 Sol and 1 of each other legend out of my packs (I had around 90).  I should've submitted my stats, it would've made the numbers slightly more optimistic. :P

Offline Tyroki

• The One
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
Nicely done CG.

Sorry if my post was a pain. In hindsight I should have concluded with a full count.
Still. So many 1 rare, 4 uncommon packs...
Glad I got any legends at all. Yay plat legends!
_________                           _________
      |___|                                 |___|   
  ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Thesis or riot! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Swiftwynd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
My friend pulled two Sol in a row. Now that we have data what were the odds of this happening? I ask because I totally called it as he was opening the second pack.

Offline marsgreekgod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »
I wish my data was so.. bad for me

nothing rarer then rare, one rare a pack, and 3 of the same rares that I can't really use.