Author Topic: [Patch Notes] Version 0.96.5  (Read 9765 times)

schumisaurus

[Patch Notes] Version 0.96.5
« on: June 12, 2014, 01:29:46 AM »
Patch Notes 0.96.5

It’s time to fly!

Today’s patch focuses on Ascension. With the set releasing in 2 days’ time, this patch is dedicated to the cards. There are balance changes, and some important bug fixes.
Note: Ascension cards will NOT be tournament legal until Wednesday, June 18th 12am IWT.

Ascension

It’s almost here! This patch added in all of the Ascension cards [although you won't be able to open your preorder packs until the 14th still], and also added in the Overseers Campaign, which is ready and waiting for you to play.

For more information around Ascension preorders, please click here.

Card Changes

Xi, Who Honors the Dead
•   The tokens created by Xi, Who Honors the Dead are now removed from the game upon death.

Kali, The Purifier
•   Kali is now a 10/8 for a cost of 3. Kali, The Purifier is now double purity.

This change was made because we wanted Ascended Kali to have a higher power than initially drafted. In order to keep the cycle of Kali, we had to strengthen Kali, The Purifier.

Gowron
•   Gowron can now only create characters while on the Battlefield.

Apparition
•   Apparition can now only target characters on the Battlefield.

Master of Demons
•   Master of Demons is now a 1/1 that gains +3/+3 for each demon on the Battlefield when she is played.

Summoner of the Deep
•   Summoner of the Deep’s ability now costs 2 but can be activated multiple times per turn.

Flame Dawn Commando
•   Flame Dawn Commando now deals 4 damage to a character on the Battlefield when he is played.

Demonborn
•   Demonborn no longer has flying, but has an activated ability for 4 that grants flying for a turn.

Gather Thoughts
•   Gather Thoughts now costs 1, but only returns the top 3 cards to your deck.

Overclock
•   Overclock’s cost is reduced to 4.

Swift Strikes
•   Swift Strikes now grants an additional attack, instead of making it always 2 attacks.

Drag Down
•   Drag Down’s effect is now permanent.

Altar of Binding
•   Altar of Binding now binds the target character to its current zone, and has its cost reduced to 3.

Bromich’s Banner
•   Bromich’s Banner now costs 4

Bug Fixes

•   Increased unstoppable limit (max number of attacks per turn) to 50.

•   Game Invites now correctly show the Game Format of the game invitation.

•   Fixed a cause of endless turn bug, where if either player disconnected before either player had ended turn, the game was unable to reconnect.

•   Fixed a desync issue where if a player ended turn while disconnected, their opponent would have effectively have their turn skipped.

•   Fixed a desync issue where abilities would fail in the turn after a player had reconnected.

•   Maximum number of reconnection attempts increased to 10, and now resets count for each disconnect.

•   Fixed a bug where a player would be missing cards after rejoining game.

•   If a player is AFK for 3 turns, they will receive a defeat for the game. This fixes a bug where players that went AFK could rejoin a game which had already been completed.

•   Fixed IP bonuses when a player you invited purchases LP.

We hope you continue to enjoy Infinity Wars, and help us spread the vision of the future of dTCG’s! Thanks again.

For any bug reports, please ensure you utilize the help menu with Submit a Bug, this is now the primary method of reporting all bugs and is monitored heavily.
For any account issues, please email support@lightmare.com.au with as much detail as possible.

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
Re: [Patch Notes] Version 0.96.5
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »
Good stuff, although time will tell on the balance changes.

I have a question about altar of binding. Does it now mean that cards like Word of Command, Fear, Stumble, Ferocity etc. will no longer be able to move a character out of the zone it is bound to?

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:15:38 AM »
Yup.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:19:07 AM »
Super excited! My Hype Train has already left the station and the arrival time is the 14th (IWT) :D Woo! Also, I like all of the card updates. They were certainly needed (even if some of them might hurt the card a bit (Xi)). There are also some unexpected cards that got changes will be seeing more play. Hype Train just got bigger!
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 02:23:43 AM »
Xi change makes me sad
Goose got me loose!

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 02:25:20 AM »
Xi change is completely retarded. pure genius and Im ever so glad it went through!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:55:16 AM by WWKnight »
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:34:52 AM »
Demonborn change is completely stupid! Why did he lose his flying ability??? Exiles desperately needs flying and you nerf the only one we've seen so far...Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Offline daymost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 02:35:41 AM »
The Xi change may of or may not been needed I am on the fence on this one but weakening Xi like this, weakens the DoD faction. Just like weakening constructor would for Genesis, maybe this problem will be fix with cards in Ascension so I just have to wait and see.
Pro drafting advice from Teremus: Don't Suck!

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 02:49:08 AM »
You're thinking small with Hinekri there. :P

Anyways, I also am wondering why Demonborn lost permanent flying. :( Everything else besides this seems somewhat reasonable (Xi being the other one I'm not sure about).
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 02:59:58 AM »
xi change made me cry, and demonborn change also made me cry :(

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:05 AM »
Unfortunately there are some alterations in this patch that are preparations. Health of a faction and the game can never be based off the ability of a single lynchpin card.

Both alterations in question are of the same mentality. Health must be an over-encompassing act.  In this specific instance changes are being made to accommodate the existence of the Ascension set rather than what you're seeing on the live server as it is currently.

I apologize for any frustrations or concerns raised in this patch.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline marsgreekgod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:26 AM »
Xi shouldn't of been able to make spirits out of spirits, but they could of gotten a bit of a buff I guess?

I'll wait until the set comes out for more judgement

Offline TheYamiKami

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 03:31:39 AM »
I assume this has something to do with ascended xi's abilities...

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 03:31:47 AM »
okay someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but did flame dawn commando really just get an op buff? Wasn't he like like a 1 cost (maybe 2, i dont remember0 but now he does 4 dmg? Thats like super efficient, a free firebolt with a character. Something seems wrong about this.
Follow your...

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 04:35:05 AM »
I assume this has something to do with ascended xi's abilities...

I thought Coyle said on the infinity cast it happened because he lost to the card?