Author Topic: Who do you fear to play?  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Tyonidas

• I intend to live forever – so far, so good.
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you fear to play?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »

Tyo and I have had our clashes - he likes to troll me with the 2xFD + golem deck, because he knows i hate it :) It's in all good fun and he is (ofc) a very good player! This is what i "fear" the most, and I would really like to get some tips on how to beat it.

I planned on doing a series of videos called "How to beat 2 FD + Martyr Golem" (title is a work in progress  :P) on how to beat this set-up after I see how the changes affect it come balance patch.  I think if I provide a whole slew of different ways to beat it I won't get crucified for using it as much.  ;)

As far as the original post I'd say the only person who going into a match I feel has the advantage over me is WWKnight as I have pretty much learned how to play from him by getting slapped around since I started playing.  If I am thinking outside the box, then he must be thinking outside of the building, with the room, with the box.

List of people who I feel the game can go either way against "if" I randomly select what deck to use are (in alphabetical order):

Borilli (solid 2-3 purity Verore player)

Fidasaind (always a newly created deck it seems)

Flaekkeren (solid grasp on how to play)

Koey (best Warpath deck since "Beastial Hammer")

Nock (uses 2FD + Martyr often and knows how to play it as elaborately as I do)

Third (find myself saying "yep that's what I would of done" during our games)

Wizzawig (huge deck sizes and doesn't overreach)

If I didn't have you on the list that doesn't mean I don't think you are a skilled player.  I would chalk it up to either we haven't played much recently to where you have fallen off my radar or while I feel you are good I feel I am better.   8)

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »
Oh, borilli.  Yeah, He beats me often too.  I'll add him to the list.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Jade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
No, i see ricebucket on ALL the time, but have never played him.  Mace, or Jade.  Cant remember which of those two.  Used Warpath breeders and Sage 1 to buff defense and just stalled forever.  Only way to guarantee stopping it was Calamity, and even then he'd have it set up to over 50 - 70%.

Nope, not me!  I remember facing that deck, but don't remember who it was.

Offline WarHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »
You guys have hit most of the players who are the toughest.  I honestly do not expect to win against Mace and hate it when he enters my game.  Tyonidas mentioned a lot of the players I struggle against.  Although, it is good to play people who are better than I am because it improves my own game, I really cannot wait till launch to play some easier competition haha.
"Watch the skies..." - Teremus

Offline Fidasaind

• View Profile
    • GU Games
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
Most of the regulars playing know what they are doing. At this point I mostly fear certain combinations. Aggro FD decks when I'm screwing around with a new idea. And 2x Verore because then I have to second guess myself constantly.

I pretty much am making new decks constantly. This is still beta which means looking for new ideas (and bugs). That and posting daily videos during the week means I need to try new things constantly. May be time to ask the LGS if they have anything bigger than a d20 other than a d100 :p

Offline daymost

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 09:49:08 PM »
I don’t fear the people as much I as I fear the decks they have. Mostly FD decks because you always playing defense against so whatever you deck had planned goes out the window. Verore can be scary as well but at least Verore gives me time to do your cool thing before they kill it. 
Pro drafting advice from Teremus: Don't Suck!

Offline mace

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 11:14:38 PM »
<3 I'm touch you all love me XD. Don't worry I don't bite and always feel free to ask me question peeps been playing strategy and cards for while now. Also  Ifinity wars > sol forge  8)

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 11:15:11 PM »
Is it you who plays the Shrine of Victory deck?
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline mace

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »
never took time yet to construct one

Offline robbiesla

• "Player Experience Designer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »
Robbie wont count, cause he is a Lightmarian and thus will never be in on the tournament scene.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 11:10:11 PM »
Robbie wont count, cause he is a Lightmarian and thus will never be in on the tournament scene.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I lol'd.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline giantr15@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
And not a SINGLE person mentioned me. I'm not impressed.

Maybe the fact that I play only 1 deck and it's easy to beat makes the choice easy... STILL

EDIT: And of course that's what happens when I make accounts drunk. I use my puffying email as a username.....  I'm GiantR if you haven't guessed already.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:12:47 PM by giantr15@gmail.com »

Offline Rhapsydian

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »
I guess I need to get online more lol.  Mace and WWKnight are always scary.  But Ive beaten both of them, though not as often as they have.  I have spent a lot of time bouncing evil ideas off of WWKnight and I was the first or one of the first to use most of the Genesis combos.

Offline wizzawig

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
Nice topic, and nice to be mentioned once  :)

I actually made this list a couple of months ago the names I had on it at the time have already been mentioned:
WWK
Warhawk
Mace
Koey
Tyonidas

To that I would add Third who I've had a couple of games against recently where I swear he could see my hand, and had some good games with flipsyalec who's running a mean control / morale deck atm.