Author Topic: Disarm doesn't reduce attack buffs to 0  (Read 1149 times)

Offline shogungari

• View Profile
Disarm doesn't reduce attack buffs to 0
« on: May 29, 2014, 08:43:22 PM »
I used Disarm (which states that it sets the target's attack to 0 until the end of the turn) on an Endless Horde (+1/+1 for each Endless horde in the graveyard) when there were other horde cards in the opponent's graveyard.  Instead of setting him to 0, it set him to 4.  Is Disarm supposed to set the target's attack to 0 regardless of buffs or does it only work on original attack?  The wording made me think the former.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
Re: Disarm doesn't reduce attack buffs to 0
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »
Although I'm unsure of the actual intention of this, please report it as a bug. That way it is looked at anyways.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:05:10 PM »
Currently, disarm sets a character's attack to 0 and then apples buffs. This has been discussed before and I believe there are some plans to change it so that it sets a character's disarm to 0 no matter the buffs for that turn.
I have run into some weird situations with buffs + disarm where my characters will not get the buff back and will have like -1 attack and stuff. It gets crazy!
As Teremus has stated, anything you think is a bug or an error you should send a bug report in for. Sending in a bug report is always good because it will be ticketed and therefore bump up its priority for fixing. They gladly except suggestions for changing the error as well (ie: "Disarm should set a character to 0 no matter the buff" in a more expanded manor) ;D
Happy Testing!
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline shogungari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 11:33:50 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I'm still new to the game so I wasn't sure I just missed a rule or something.  :-[  I've sent a bug report explaining the situation.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 12:08:24 AM »
This seems to be a part of any kinda of 'sets stat to X' effect such as Hubris of the Strong and transformations with Undead and/or Rabid Rabbit. Haven't tested the Undead one specifically, though. Anyways, in these cases, it becomes apparent that it sets it to the higher of either the passive buffs, or the number it's being set to. Look for the Rabid Rabbit thread in regards to Pack Leaders to see what I mean. It can essentially become a 0/0 that's only alive because of Pack Leader buffs.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
I have an idea for a mechanic change to Disarm: instead of reducing target character to 0 power, it prevents target character's power from going above 0. How does that sound?