Author Topic: Future card ideas  (Read 58221 times)

Offline giantr15@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: Future card ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »
And no one mentioned Equipments and Enchantments... Meaning cards that attach to other cards in order to gain effects.

There even is a pseudo enchant in the game: Extended Operation.

The possibilities are kinda endless. ( I can't actually think of good names)

FD:1 Purity 3 Resource: The next 2 creature cards you place, have haste - Not the best example but to show
some possibility

Warpath: 2 Purity 3 Resource: This creature gains +1/+1 for each 2 creatures you have deployed

CoV:3 Purity 5 Resource:When this creature deals damage to an enemy fortress. The enemy must sacrifice a creature The reverse can also be made meaning put it on an enemy and every time he deals damage to you he must sacrifice a creature.

DoD: 2 Purity 5 Resource : All damage dealt to this creature is reduced by half, rounded up.

Genesis:1 Purity 2 Resource: Target creature has: Pay 2 resource: Gain +1/+1
Geneses: 3 Purity 4 Resource: Create a copy of a target Artificial creature, if the original takes damage so does the copy. If the enchant is destroyed so is the copy.

Zombies:1 Purity 2 Resource: Target creature is:Slow

To be noted these cards are probably a bit too expensive considering you can stop them by destroying them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:15:29 AM by giantr15@gmail.com »

Offline WarHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 03:09:52 AM »
I had an idea for a card the other day,

Sniper: Pay X, Deal damage to target creature where X is the damage dealt; or you could do a fixed number of damage basically meant to do damage to any character that is deployed or in the command zone, you could also limit it to just characters in the support or command zone.

Oh, and I just thought of this one,

Enemy characters deployed this turn take X amount of damage.
"Watch the skies..." - Teremus

Offline Calamity

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »
Hmm, I like some of the idea mentioned in some of the HEX tcg video on how they plan to utilize "traps". Basically they're spell cards/ effects that cast  X amount trap cards to be shuffle within the opponent's deck. When the trap cards are drawn by the player, it activate it effects such dealing damage or some other effects.
Just a poor asian college student in the middle of an island in the pacific living of Cup Noodle and Spam.

Offline bdubs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 05:22:37 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong but with all the board wipe cards (and by that I mean board wipes,or stuff that does 2 or 3 damage to everything) their should probably be some type of card that costs 4 or 5 resources that makes all your guys indestructible for a turn,or at least indestructible to spells for a turn, ie can still die to creature dmg,because if your building a purely creature based deck board wipes can really suck to come back from (not to mention you can lose from morale loss) at least something like this would give you a chance to guess when a board wipe is coming so you could avoid it...I don't know,just a thought.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 05:29:24 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong but with all the board wipe cards (and by that I mean board wipes,or stuff that does 2 or 3 damage to everything) their should probably be some type of card that costs 4 or 5 resources that makes all your guys indestructible for a turn,or at least indestructible to spells for a turn, ie can still die to creature dmg,because if your building a purely creature based deck board wipes can really suck to come back from (not to mention you can lose from morale loss) at least something like this would give you a chance to guess when a board wipe is coming so you could avoid it...I don't know,just a thought.
Maybe true, but I was leaning towards something with a risk/reward factor that could even protect you from a calamity...

Inter-dimensional Phasing - Cost: 5 - Remove all characters you control from the game, these characters return to play in their same zones at the end of the turn. (Comes into play effects will retrigger)

Also....

Promotion - Cost: 2 - Target an empty command zone slot. Play any character from your hand into that command zone slot.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:33:28 AM by Zinqf »
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline adin267

• Adin's Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Maybe cards with purity of 2 different factions .eg

Cyber-wolf
character
beast
purity 1 warpath 1 genesis

it would allow for cool combi creatures  and stuff

Offline shizuyami

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
Okay so as many of you might have noticed , in pvp using the genesis faction and spamming unending drones will really easily lose you the game because they only have 1 hp, with an upgrade 3, every faction is able to use winds of war on you and your morale dissappears faster than no other faction.

This said, making a pure genesis deck or a genesis deck with 2 genesis commanders will leave you open to a lot of weaknesses and 9 out of 10 times you die because of morale loss from unending drones dieing in your support zone.

solution: new location card.

Genesis location: requirments, 3 (or 2) genesis commanders, 5 points to summon (so you can summon it 1 turn before someone can use winds of war)

every artificial creature under 4 hp in your support zone becomes immune to spells.

The 4 hp is to avoid people from making insanely strong immune artificials in the support zone.
The 3 genesis commanders requirment is to avoid strong combinations with other factions and focusing purely on the genesis faction.

I think this location is exactly what the genesis faction is missing right now if you want to make a viable deck with 3 genesis commanders.

What do you guys think? I think we can see some fun genesis action with this card.

Offline Cykadelic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 10:30:35 PM »
Faction: Factionless
Cost: 6
Type: Ability
Name: Double Edged Sword
Ability: Deal X damage to one card. X is equal to the current health the card has. 1/4 of X is dealt back to your health(morale).

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »
Just gonna drop off critique of the last 2 card suggestions (don't hate fellas, I just think critique is a valid form of suggestion):

-Cykadelic's card: the double edged idea I like, but in my humble opinion it should deal the same damage. With proper planning this leads to you getting rid of a super strong card of the enemy while only losing a minor creature, or - lose a minor creature of the enemy that has some added utility and not lose any of yours by targeting something with more health.

-Shizuyami's card: I'm still new and haven't tested PVP much, but as a Genesis player that did face the spam of AOE (winds of war or the 1 hp one) I can tell you that immunity is not required. You have other alternatives as to how this location work, that will also be much more beneficial without being 'over powered'. If you have a location that adds +3/+3 to each artificial being that is in play, you can easily control the rest of the outcomes with planning. If you really feel it's still needed that location can also restore health to all artificial beings at each turn (let's say 3 points). Also, I noticed that while the mass AOE tactic can affect us, if we don't rely solely on Unending Drones we can still do well, I prefer sacrificing Bad-Bots and other heavier creatures if possible, sure it's not as cost effective but you can play around that considering that mass AOE is expensive as well.

Thanks for reading.
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.

Offline TimetoSplit

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »
I like cards that are not just straight forward.   Not saying they should be needlessly complex, but cards that can lead to very interesting decision trees, and here's a few ideas:

Contagion
Verore - 2 purity - Cost - 4
Destory a creature each player controls with the lowest power on the battlefield.  Each player discards a card with the lowest cost.  Return Contagion to its owner's hand.

Plaguebearer - 1/3
Verore - 1 Purity - Cost 1
At the beginning of each turn, choose a creature type.  If Plaguebearer deals combat damage to an opponent's fortress, deal damage to each creature of that type equal to Plaguebearer's power.  Plaguebearer may only attack alone.

Inspired Zealot 3/4
Flame Dawn - 1 Purity - Cost 5
When Inspired Zealot attacks, cast the top card of your graveyard.  Inspired Zealot takes damage equal to the cost of that card.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 10:16:43 PM »
I like the 'Inspired Zealot' idea, the Contagion would probably be a tad too strong with the 'return to hand' condition, but that's just my opinion.
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.

Offline LICKSPLICKITY

• Always on it...!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 09:20:57 AM »
Random event idea-

Version 1.

When a legendary card is killed by both players on the same turn- Tornado is in effect.

Tornado: = a set number of random cards (eg:eight)  removed from the entire game in a Whirlwind across the entire board.    basicly a lesser version of calamity with a twist, you may get lucky you may not.

Version 2.

When a legendary card is played by both players on the same turn- Lightning Charge is in effect.

Lightning Charge = all characters in your hand and the one's left in your deck gain 3/3 permanently from a bolt of lightning.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 05:39:51 AM »
I liked the idea of cards you put in your deck that played as soon as you drew them, event cards.

So, using calamity as an example, if it were an event card, it would trigger as soon as you drew it, meaning no player had any control over when the calamity happened, it just came out and reset the board, and you would realyl be caught off guard.

Other such events could be rift openings, where when it was drawn it would randomly open a rift to another plane, and both players could get a random character in play.

Just thought it'd make for interesting deck dynamics.  Keeping the idea alive so I can push it after release as perhaps an alternate play style like merged or hyper.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:41 AM »
^ That Calamity sounds fun :)

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »
Cards with low purity that get stronger in a high purity deck. Example "[Flame Dawn Bannerman] 1/2 As long as [cardname] is in the assault zone, Flame Dawn characters you control get +1/+0 for each Flame Dawn purity you have"

Good idea, but people already have plenty of reasons to do mono color. How about cards with 1-2 purity requirement that gain bonuses for having other faction resources? It would be cool to have rainbow decks be viable.

In terms of specific cards, I feel like there is a distinct lack of hand management cards so perhaps something like:

[Echoing Nightmare] 2 Purity 4 Cost
At the end of each players turns, that player chooses and discards a card. If they cannot, they lose 2 morale.

The addition of morale as a win condition for discard decks would be an interesting change and it would probably make for some interesting synergy with the preexisting factions such as DOD. (Though the majority of discard cards themselves would probably go to... the purple race for lack of knowing their real name...)

Also, while I'm not against the idea of event cards per say, I feel a full board reset based on a lucky draw seems a bit excessive. Perhaps if there was a qualifier that requires you to have a certain amount of max resources when played (most likely 10 in this case) and then lowers your max depending on the effect. That would keep things balanced but give players more options for deck building.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:03:16 AM by Kilroy512 »
Quote from: WWKnight
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.