Author Topic: Gallery Section  (Read 935 times)

Offline NightWolf

• View Profile
Gallery Section
« on: November 20, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »
Sorry if this has already been suggested, and I just haven't seen it.

One of my favorite parts of TCGs has always been the artwork on the cards.  I can't count the number of hours I've spent browsing through my MTG and WOW cards, just admiring the artwork.  It's already quite obvious that the artwork for IW is going to be amazing, but I'm starting to notice a problem.  A lot of that beautiful artwork is being covered up with text for powers and explanations.  Patient Zero is a prime example, having half of the art covered with text. 

So, I was thinking that it would be nice if there was an art gallery section somewhere in the game.  This section would be filled with just the artwork portion of the cards that you have collected.  Obviously, there are probably more important things that need to be addressed pre-launch, and probably for a bit after launch, but I was thinking that this would be a very nice feature for down the road, when the dust has settled a bit. 

Offline Koowluh

• View Profile
Re: Gallery Section
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:07:14 PM »
The gallery has indeed been suggested already, with common variations to it. Either being able to show all cards, just your own, just the artwork and/or read all flavor text.

I doubt the game will feel full without it. You're not going to build your deck in some boring text editor are you?

Offline NightWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »
Ahh, sorry for the duplicate then.

But I agree, it just wouldn't seam whole without it. 

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
I think they mention it would be there, but they are currently on gameplay more.

Other suggestions also include unlocking more concept art when collecting a set, or having several cards artwork create a larger animation piece to tell a story.

Though if what you want is a gallery that shows abilities of cards you do not own. According to Elphie that would be up to the Community for the mean time.