Author Topic: Future card ideas  (Read 56354 times)

Offline mace

• View Profile
Future card ideas
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:48:37 AM »
1) though be interesting to have cards that have added effects based you or oppenets life/moral.

2) Also cards that get bonus or effcts when there location is on the field.

3. and of course cards that work with graveyard

Feel free anyone else if you have card idea or mechanic to post here.

Offline flipsyalec

• View Profile
Re: Future card ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:18:38 AM »
Cards with alternate modes. Example; "Choose one: Target character gets +2/+0 or target character gets -2/-0"

Trap cards. Stay face down in support zone, then trigger when a circumstance arises. Example; "[Grace of Angels] Triggers when a character you control dies. Return that character from the graveyard to the support zone"

Cards with low purity that get stronger in a high purity deck. Example "[Flame Dawn Bannerman] 1/2 As long as [cardname] is in the assault zone, Flame Dawn characters you control get +1/+0 for each Flame Dawn purity you have"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:21:38 AM by flipsyalec »

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:23 AM »
Character Abilities

Ambush - Deals damage equal to its' power to target character that is deployed.
Battle-Ready - Can be moved into the assault zone on the turn it is played.
Impervious - Does not receive damage. This character's morale cost is doubled. (Kill, Sacrifice, Destroy, or other removal effects still occur)
Evasive X - Dodges one ability cast by the opponent per level of evasion until X=0. (Only functions with single target abilities)
Phalanx - Can be moved into the defense zone on the turn it is played.
Quickness - Does not receive combat damage if this character kills another character in combat. (If both characters have quickness, they are cancelled out)
Stealth - Attacks directly from the assault zone. Specifically targetting this character with an ability removes Stealth.

Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 06:12:57 AM »
Massive/ Colossus - able to block flying creatures (just giving this ability a name - would be nice to see Great Wall have it)

Consume (X) - killing target X creature regains +0/+X health
Coward (x) - would not attack unless there are X creatures in the same zone.

Tunneling - cannot be blocked by Flying.

Vicious Ransacker Equivalent that attacks command zone.

Offline mace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
Stalwart once on battlefield cannot be move back.

Offline Lythrum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:02:46 AM »
Ambush - Deals damage equal to its' power to target character that is deployed.

I really like the sound of that skill.

As for one of my own ideas hmm,
Lock down: Characters dealt combat damage by this character cant change zones on the battlefield for X turns. ( this would help set up for spells :3)
Parasite: When deployed choose an enemy deployed character, gain control of that character, if this character is removed from the battle field return control of controlled characters.
Covering fire: While this card is in the Defensive zone,  every time your opponent deploys a character add +0/1 to target creature in the assault zone.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:06:53 PM by Lythrum »

Offline mace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »
Evolve: pay x and location turns into .....

Offline ShadowRyuu

• I am the Unseen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:20:06 AM »
Grounded - the ability 'flying' is negated while the grounded ability is in play. Can be used as a spell for a set turn, or a character ability or something.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 11:20:03 PM »
Topic stickied for future inspiration and lulz.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Agent Phaedros

• Kickstarter Backer and Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 03:58:00 AM »
First Strike (or another keyword) - Character resolves it's combat first.
Multi Strike X - see Agent Coyle, Firestarter
Vigilance - see Phalanx
Reach (or another keyword) - see Massive/Colossus
Ethereal - Character is unblockable except by other characters with Ethereal.
Flanking - If two characters with flanking are in a row the 2nd one may also deal damage to the defender (if the defender survives it attacks the 2nd character normally)
Shieldwall - If two characters with shieldwall are in a row the 1st one is treated as having health equal to its own plus the health of the 2nd one (they both die if enough damage is dealt)
Poison/ous - A character dealt damage by this character and not killed takes 1 damage at the beginning of each turn.
Revenge (or another keyword) - A character that kills this character is killed.
Shroud/ing - All characters in the same zone as this character gain Untouchable.

Offline Omega1618

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
Shadow Form - can only be blocked by and can only block other creatures with shadow form.
Y Commander X - gives units of Type Y, +X/+X.
Rage - For every point of damage this card takes, it gains 1 attack.
Dying X - This creature dies after X turns.  Could be good on sleeper cards.
Reviving X - After being X turns in the graveyard, this card is put into the support zone from the graveyard.  The Aleta cards already have this ability, but it'd be nice if it had a name.  Again, this
could be a common ability among the sleeper faction's cards.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:31:46 AM by Omega1618 »

Offline Mystiak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 01:33:23 PM »
Commanding Vigilance
Costs 6 resources

Command Zone is Protected. It cannot be targeted by ablities (even mass affect ablilities) for the turn it is played.

Commanding Vigilance will be applied first, regardless of Initiative.

Diminishing Returns (This would potentially be a new type of rule)
With Diminishing Returns, the following turn will be limited in how many resources you recoup.

Example: You are at 10 resources when you play a card with Diminishing Returns costing 6 resources. Next turn, you will only be able to get a max of 7 resources. Because half the cost of the card will not return to you the next turn. This is temporary though. So the turn to follow will function normally, allowing you to get your normal 10 resources.

How to word that properly.... I'm not quite sure.

But to sum up, this card would be purely defensive. But it would be a predictive defense. You wouldnt be able to be sure that your opponent is trying to target your commanders this turn.
Diminishing Returns helps to avoid people using the card 3 times in a row to try and build up a big finisher that cannot be prevented. It makes people have to predict the opponent, and decide if its worth the hit to the resources next turn.

Offline flipsyalec

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »
TRAP CARDS!

basically reactive abilities, but you pre-pay for them and select targets at the time of "setting". The identity remains hidden in the support zone, but your opponent can see that a trap has been set. Targets couldn't be tracked this way in a physical ccg, but infinity wars is a ccg like no other. Technology can track hidden game states such as targets set without your opponent knowing, and i think we'd all be missing out if the design space didn't get used. Furthermore, because these abilities trigger on events, they can blend quite nicely into the initiative system and make it much less "me first, then you"

Examples

Mine Field (factionless) [trigger mine field the next time a character attacks you. mine field deals 2 damage to each creature in your opponents attack zone]

Geosat bomb (genesis) [Target character on the battlefield. when targeted character moves to the support zone, trigger geosat bomb. destroy targeted character and deal damage equal to that character's power to other support zone characters.]

Thickened Skin (warpath) [target character you control. triggers when targeted character would be dealt damage by an ability your opponent controls or combat. prevent damage taht would be dealt to targetted creature this turn]

Death's embrace (verore [triggers when a character you control dies. You gain morale instead of losing morale when that character dies. Characters you control get +1/+1 for each character that dies this turn.

Sear (flame dawn) [target a character you control. triggers when target character you control deals damage to an enemy character. the enemy character that was dealt damage becomes immolated

Indomitable Will (DoD) [target a character you control. triggers when targetted character is dealt combat damage or would be killed by an ability. targetted character becomes invincible until end of turn]

[edit: just noticed i'd submitted the same idea much earlier, but without going into detail. apologies for the repeat]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:28:52 PM by flipsyalec »

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 01:23:00 AM »
I was opposed to trap cards until examples were put in front of me.

As long as they are used sparingly, I think they would make a great use of the digital medium.

+1
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Mugen Musou

• View Profile
    • I Love dTCG
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:14 AM »
TRAP CARDS!

basically reactive abilities, but you pre-pay for them and select targets at the time of "setting". The identity remains hidden in the support zone, but your opponent can see that a trap has been set. Targets couldn't be tracked this way in a physical ccg, but infinity wars is a ccg like no other. Technology can track hidden game states such as targets set without your opponent knowing, and i think we'd all be missing out if the design space didn't get used. Furthermore, because these abilities trigger on events, they can blend quite nicely into the initiative system and make it much less "me first, then you"

Examples

Mine Field (factionless) [trigger mine field the next time a character attacks you. mine field deals 2 damage to each creature in your opponents attack zone]

Geosat bomb (genesis) [Target character on the battlefield. when targeted character moves to the support zone, trigger geosat bomb. destroy targeted character and deal damage equal to that character's power to other support zone characters.]

Thickened Skin (warpath) [target character you control. triggers when targeted character would be dealt damage by an ability your opponent controls or combat. prevent damage taht would be dealt to targetted creature this turn]

Death's embrace (verore [triggers when a character you control dies. You gain morale instead of losing morale when that character dies. Characters you control get +1/+1 for each character that dies this turn.

Sear (flame dawn) [target a character you control. triggers when target character you control deals damage to an enemy character. the enemy character that was dealt damage becomes immolated

Indomitable Will (DoD) [target a character you control. triggers when targetted character is dealt combat damage or would be killed by an ability. targetted character becomes invincible until end of turn]

[edit: just noticed i'd submitted the same idea much earlier, but without going into detail. apologies for the repeat]

I suggested Trap card a while back as one potential way of counter.  So yeah I'm all for it.

Additional 3 other methods of potentially introducing counters in IWs.  Personally Time Card concept is what I truly want but least chance, and trap card is the second best and one of the easiest to implement: http://lightmare.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=495.0
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:11:58 AM by Mugen Musou »