Author Topic: Fanfiction: Kali the Flaming Blade  (Read 909 times)

Offline WarHawk

• View Profile
Fanfiction: Kali the Flaming Blade
« on: May 04, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »
      It was a bitter, rainy day.  The ground and roads had turned muddy in the camp.  Kali hated the rain.  The feeling of being soggy and wet was annoying to say the least.  And the blustering cold made her skin crawl.  She tugged the blanket tighter around her as she sat inside her tent watching troops trudging throughout the camp.  The rain wasn't particularly good for her twin sabers either.  The magic imbued in them which allowed them to blaze grew in the sun and was weaker in the rain.  She was so fond of those blades.  They were all that was left of her family and her life before the Flame Dawn. 
      The weapons had been her fathers.  He had been an elite warrior before she was born, in a city back on Talich and had been given the swords as a gift from the Prime Minister himself.  Life was so pleasant back then, living with her parents and her twin sister, Dali.  It was peaceful.  And then the Flame Dawn came.  There had been reports and rumors of war going on in different parts of Talich.  However, no one felt as if we were in any immediate danger.  They were all mistaken.  Aberion and his armies arrived with little warning.  Her father was slain in the battle (supposedly from Aberion,) while her sister and mother were killed in an accident during the destruction of the city. 
      Kali held only one person responsible for the death of her family.  Aberion, himself!  Because of his search for world or military domination, it had resulted in the destruction of the city she knew, the life she enjoyed, and the family she loved.  On that day, she vowed that she would have revenge.  Left to fend for herself, she joined the ranks of the Flame Dawn with her father's recovered swords.  Once the Flame Dawn conquered someplace, the people were forced to join the army or continue to support the armies from home.  Kali knew that staying behind was not an option for her, since there was no reason left for her to stay.  Her father had taught her and her sister how to fight and so it wasn't all too difficult for her to move up in the ranks. 
      Several years later she sat in camp with a whole regiment under her command.  Although, they were no longer on Talich.  Somehow, wholes in the universe had opened up allowing them to enter entirely different worlds.  They were currently on some world Kali had forgotten the name of waiting for scouting reports to come back from universal locations.  As Kali waited, she saw Bromich walking slowly alongside a woman through the muck of the road towards Kali's tent.  Bromich was an older man who wore the traditional Flame Dawn armor of a Field Commander, with some slight modifications, such as flames on the shoulders.  Kali had served under him for almost as long as she had been in the military and they had become decently good friends.  The woman next to him Kali had never seen before.  She had dark brown hair and her armor looked somewhat new with a golden hue to it. 
      "Any news from the scouts yet, Commander."  Kali shouted as Bromich approached.
      "A few of the scouts have come in but we are still waiting on some of them.  And stop being so formal, Kali.  We have known each other long enough you can just call me by name.  I hate formality, its too predictable and if you're predictable..."
      "You die." Kali finished for him with a small laugh
      "So you are learning!"  Bromich chuckled back.  "Forgive me, Kali this is Clara.  Clara, Kali." 
      "Kali, of the twin flames!"  Clara exclaimed.  "It is such a pleasure to finally meet you!  I have heard so much about your accomplishments."
      "Please, I don't know that I have accomplished all that much."  Kali replied modestly.  "I don't mean to sound impolite, but what rank are you?  I have not seen such armor before."
      "Ah, you can tell it is new.  I am a member of a select group who are called the Purifiers.  Aberion has tasked with eliminating the virus that has spread from Avarrach and the monsters it has infested."  Clara stated.
      Kali hardened a little at the sound of Aberion's name.  "Respect the warrior who would die for his own ideals.  Beware the monster who would turn you upon your own."  Kali thought aloud. 
      "That is a very interesting saying."  said Bromich.  "Perhaps we could use that as a purifier motto of some sort."
      "Sure."  Kali said, "But I'm not a purifier."
      "Oh, but that is what Clara and I are here for.  We came to ask if you would be willing to lead the Purifiers."
      Kali and Clara both looked at Bromich in astonishment.
      "I didn't realize you wanted to ask the Twin Flames to lead us!"  Clara exclaimed, then she looked at Kali.  "This would be a true honor for the Purifiers if you accepted."
      "But what about my other duties, Bromich!  What would happen to my command?"  Kali asked flatly.
      "Yes, that will not change, however, I advise you to delegate those duties to someone under you.  Your men are fairly loyal to you after you have proven yourself time and time again, so, I don't think that should be a problem."
      "And what if I say no?"  Kali asked.
      "Kali, you know I never really ask anybody anything, right?"  Bromich replied.
      "Well when you put it that way."  Kali answered
      "Great, then its settled!  I will send you instruction once the scouts from Avarrach return"  Bromich informed her. 
      "It was very nice to meet you and I look forward to fighting alongside you, Kali."  Clara said as she and Bromich began to walk back through the muddy camp. 
      All the while Kali was left thinking, "One day, I will fight the real monster and I will have vengeance!" 

"Watch the skies..." - Teremus

Offline WarHawk

• View Profile
Re: Fanfiction: Kali the Flaming Blade
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »
I know it is kind of long, but let me know what you think.  Honestly thought of most of this on the spot with a little bit of research, so I wont be offended if anybody doesn't like it
"Watch the skies..." - Teremus