Author Topic: Couple of qustions about the WP  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Wildblade

• View Profile
Couple of qustions about the WP
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:04:02 PM »
Hey all,

I am gearing up to write a fanfic about the WP, but I wanted to get all my facts straight first.

1.  What is the tribe we've heard about called?  The Vulpati?  Vulpacki?  It's something like that right?
2.  Which species are sentient and which are not?  Obviously some are (the cat people like Hehkeem and Rakarl,) and some are not (like brown bear and one of many) I've list all the species we've seen so far, along with my assumptions, if someone could double check em that would be great thanks.

Lancrawler (not sentient)
Bear (not sentient)
Swarmer (not sentient)
Cat people (sentient)  Are caretakers of the young this species or something else?
Caretakers (not sentient unless they are cat people)
Dropbear (not sentient)
Hulker (sentient)  Are these just a different clan of cat people or a different species?
Apes (as in granthar, In between like apes are int he real world?)
Jungle Giant (sentient)
Hidden by Clouds (sentient)  Are these guys just really big jungle giants or are they something else?
Dragons (sentient)
Mammoth (not sentient)
Killaroo (not sentient)
One of Many (not sentient)
Bear people (as in protector of the dead, sentient)
Rabbits, rabid or otherwise (not sentient)
Skraar (sentient) also, is he a one off or are their others of his species besides him and his kids?
Behemoth (non sentient)
Walrus (non sentient)

Thanks for any answers you can proved, thanks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:22:54 PM by Wildblade »

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of qustions about the WP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:05:23 AM »
Vulpani Tribe is probably what you are looking for.

As for your other question, I think the hulkers are a different tribe of their own, but possibly a less sentient one. Would like confirmation from WWKnight on it though. I'd also figure Killaroo as possibly being sentient, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part. Also, don't think Skraar is necessarily sentient, or at least not as much as the Vulpani and other similar tribes are. Could be wrong, and definitely would need WWKnight's expertise on this. I'd like to know for certain on all this myself being a pretty big fan of WP myself. :D
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 06:53:10 AM »
Think of warpath as our Jurassic and Cretaceous and that third one all rolled I to one.

It's a world just beginning to evolve, but instead of reptilian dinosaurs, we get mammalian ones. There are a bunch of tribes, so far we've seen the vulpani, the fox like guys who were wiped out completely in rise. Infestation introduced us to the leothera tribe with karani. These species, and others like them, are smart and use tools and weapons (and apparently have discovered sword smithing!) They are like our homo sapian, the first chain in evolution that leads to humanity.

Hulkers are like the homo erectus. Human like, but still savage and brutal. There are a lot like them out there, and in time it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that thier kind and the smaller, smarter kind would fit for dominance. Put money on the smaller, smarter, tool wielding race!
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 06:55:01 AM »
Skraar is just a dinosaur te thing. Not sentient. Just really big and singled out specifically as a dangerous foe. There are many.

Granthar is part of a tool tribe, as is bear tribe. I have thier names on my computer, but I don't have my computer, so if I remember I'll come back here with more information when it's running.

Feel privileged.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:16:59 AM »
Ok so far we have seen the Vulpani Tribe(Hehkeem and co), Leothera tribe (Karani), Homino Tribe (Granthar) and Lupix Tribe (Sydern).

Feel privileged.

Offline WarHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
Ok so far we have seen the Vulpani Tribe(Hehkeem and co), Leothera tribe (Karani), Homino Tribe (Granthar) and Lupix Tribe (Sydern).

and Which one does Rakarl come from?
"Watch the skies..." - Teremus

Offline bowtastic

• Walk into the club like what up I got a big deck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 05:43:38 PM »
I would kinda expect him to be Leothera. He kinda looks like a lion after all.
I say we build a statue to our great dwarf overlord. He will guide us in our quest to diggy diggy hole.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
He is meant to be Vulpani, but meh.  He does indeed look Leotheran.

Feel privileged.