Patch Notes for Version 0.95.6
Today’s patch includes everything needed for the launch of our Star Trek set, and with it comes a few changes to allow Infinity Wars to have cards from an exterior brand:
We’ve updated how queuing for Normal games works now. When queuing for a normal game, you can choose different deck formats to queue up for, and most importantly you can queue for multiple types at once. To accommodate Star Trek (and other possible non-core Infinity Wars sets), the game types you can queue for are:
Infinity format: in this format, any card in the game is allowed (including sets like Omni and Star Trek)
Core format: Only ‘Core’ Infinity Wars cards are allowed. Core sets are sets such as IW2013, Rise, Infestation and Ascension.
Ranked format: Allows players to search for games that would only be legal in Ranked. This allows players to practice their ranked decks against players that are also looking for practice. Only Core sets currently on sale are allowed in ranked format (currently IW2013, Rise and Infestation). Actual Ranked games are, naturally, always in Ranked format.
Merged format: Any card in the game is allowed, both decks will be shuffled together at the start of the game.
Due to certain restrictions happening in this patch, Pauper was not able to be added to the new format queue screen properly. In the next patch, Pauper will be in this menu for open playability. Don't worry, we know how much it's loved.
With the introduction of this new queueing system, players should be better able to find a matching game, and more encouraged to play less popular modes such as Merged, without being stuck in a queue forever. For the time being, Hyper and Epic are not available, but we plan to reintroduce them, and other fun modes, in a regular rotating format so that players constantly have the option of trying out a new, fun mode without creating huge queue times for those players.
We’ve also updated the look of the cards, particularly down at the bottom of the card. For a long time, it’s been on our hit-list to update the bottom of the cards graphically. Where there was previously flat grey, now there is a proper texture for each faction. We also felt that there was too much text that was rarely game relevant, in-game it’s not needed to see the word ‘common’ or the set name, or set number. We also needed a way to clearly distinguish Core Infinity Wars cards from other cards, now Core cards are labelled ‘Infinity Wars’ while non Core sets have their own branding clearly visible (a contractual obligation, in the case of Star Trek).
We hope that you enjoy playing with the new Star Trek cards, it’s been a fun set to produce and we look forward to more fun, casual sets like it in the future. If you’re not a Star Trek fan, don’t worry, Ascension is coming in the near future!
- It is now possible to ignore player’s requests for a game or trading.
- The game will now always ask for a deck when being invited to a game, rather than simply using the previous deck (which is often not intended by the player)
- Aleta the Immortal Traveler can now create Sleepers of Avarrach
- Demonize now correctly changes card subtype to demon.
- Ancient Egg has been made more standardized
- Updated matchmaking in Rift Runs so that players with 10 or more wins will be matched against each other much more often.
- It is now possible to queue for multiple types of queues at the same time when looking for a normal game.
- Infected Drone should now transform when targeted by an ability with multiple targets (most notably Secluded Constructor and Fight!)
- Fixed the cause of a bug that would cause the Academy quest line to become stuck at 12/15.
- Changed the card borders to reduce the clutter of text that was not game-relevant.
- Changed the order and levels that features are unlocked for new players:
- The deckbuilder is always available, with a message explaining how to get new cards for players with small collections.
- Merged Deck (Constructed) is available at level 3.
- Practice Draft is available at level 4.
- Infinite (Constructed) and normal Draft are available at level 5.
- Trade is available at level 6.
- All other constructed modes are available at level 7.
- Ranked is not available until level 10.
- Inviting a player is available at any level.
We couldn't continue doing this and fixing so many issues without the help and support of our amazing players. You guys deserve so much thanks and credit, you've helped us in our beta an incredible amount and from all of us at Lightmare Studios, thank you.
One of the largest problems going on right now is the issues surrounding Rift Runs. We're in the process of actually upgrading the hardware, and the server itself to completely eradicate these issues. It's been a long and arduous process but one that will eventually fix a lot of problems Infinity Wars has been facing since the days of Alpha.
We hope you continue to enjoy Infinity Wars, and help us spread the vision of the future of dTCG's! Thanks again.For any bug reports, please ensure you utilize the help menu with Submit A Bug, this is now the primary method of reporting all bugs and is monitored heavily.
For any account issues, please e-mail Support@lightmare.com.au with as much detail as possible.