Author Topic: [Patch Notes] Version 0.95.6  (Read 34570 times)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
[Patch Notes] Version 0.95.6
« on: April 30, 2014, 04:41:12 AM »
Patch Notes for Version 0.95.6

Today’s patch includes everything needed for the launch of our Star Trek set, and with it comes a few changes to allow Infinity Wars to have cards from an exterior brand:

We’ve updated how queuing for Normal games works now. When queuing for a normal game, you can choose different deck formats to queue up for, and most importantly you can queue for multiple types at once. To accommodate Star Trek (and other possible non-core Infinity Wars sets), the game types you can queue for are:
Infinity format: in this format, any card in the game is allowed (including sets like Omni and Star Trek)

Core format: Only ‘Core’ Infinity Wars cards are allowed. Core sets are sets such as IW2013, Rise, Infestation and Ascension.

Ranked format: Allows players to search for games that would only be legal in Ranked. This allows players to practice their ranked decks against players that are also looking for practice. Only Core sets currently on sale are allowed in ranked format (currently IW2013, Rise and Infestation). Actual Ranked games are, naturally, always in Ranked format.

Merged format: Any card in the game is allowed, both decks will be shuffled together at the start of the game.

Due to certain restrictions happening in this patch, Pauper was not able to be added to the new format queue screen properly. In the next patch, Pauper will be in this menu for open playability. Don't worry, we know how much it's loved.

With the introduction of this new queueing system, players should be better able to find a matching game, and more encouraged to play less popular modes such as Merged, without being stuck in a queue forever. For the time being, Hyper and Epic are not available, but we plan to reintroduce them, and other fun modes, in a regular rotating format so that players constantly have the option of trying out a new, fun mode without creating huge queue times for those players.

We’ve also updated the look of the cards, particularly down at the bottom of the card. For a long time, it’s been on our hit-list to update the bottom of the cards graphically. Where there was previously flat grey, now there is a proper texture for each faction. We also felt that there was too much text that was rarely game relevant, in-game it’s not needed to see the word ‘common’ or the set name, or set number. We also needed a way to clearly distinguish Core Infinity Wars cards from other cards, now Core cards are labelled ‘Infinity Wars’ while non Core sets have their own branding clearly visible (a contractual obligation, in the case of Star Trek).

We hope that you enjoy playing with the new Star Trek cards, it’s been a fun set to produce and we look forward to more fun, casual sets like it in the future. If you’re not a Star Trek fan, don’t worry, Ascension is coming in the near future!

Change Log:
  • It is now possible to ignore player’s requests for a game or trading.
  • The game will now always ask for a deck when being invited to a game, rather than simply using the previous deck (which is often not intended by the player)
  • Aleta the Immortal Traveler can now create Sleepers of Avarrach
  • Demonize now correctly changes card subtype to demon.
  • Ancient Egg has been made more standardized
  • Updated matchmaking in Rift Runs so that players with 10 or more wins will be matched against each other much more often.
  • It is now possible to queue for multiple types of queues at the same time when looking for a normal game.
  • Infected Drone should now transform when targeted by an ability with multiple targets (most notably Secluded Constructor and Fight!)
  • Fixed the cause of a bug that would cause the Academy quest line to become stuck at 12/15.
  • Changed the card borders to reduce the clutter of text that was not game-relevant.
  • Changed the order and levels that features are unlocked for new players:
  • The deckbuilder is always available, with a message explaining how to get new cards for players with small collections.
  • Merged Deck (Constructed) is available at level 3.
  • Practice Draft is available at level 4.
  • Infinite (Constructed) and normal Draft are available at level 5.
  • Trade is available at level 6.
  • All other constructed modes are available at level 7.
  • Ranked is not available until level 10.
  • Inviting a player is available at any level.

We couldn't continue doing this and fixing so many issues without the help and support of our amazing players. You guys deserve so much thanks and credit, you've helped us in our beta an incredible amount and from all of us at Lightmare Studios, thank you.

One of the largest problems going on right now is the issues surrounding Rift Runs. We're in the process of actually upgrading the hardware, and the server itself to completely eradicate these issues. It's been a long and arduous process but one that will eventually fix a lot of problems Infinity Wars has been facing since the days of Alpha.

We hope you continue to enjoy Infinity Wars, and help us spread the vision of the future of dTCG's! Thanks again.

For any bug reports, please ensure you utilize the help menu with Submit A Bug, this is now the primary method of reporting all bugs and is monitored heavily.

For any account issues, please e-mail Support@lightmare.com.au with as much detail as possible.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:27:39 AM by Teremus »
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Cthulhu Girl

• Will bite if provoked
    • View Profile
    • Infinite Network
Re: [Patch Notes] Version 0.96
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:49:42 AM »
... No Pauper? :(
Visit my YouTube channel for informative card and deck analysis videos, as well as highlights from my stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/CthulhuGirl00

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:12:10 AM »
... No Pauper? :(

Quote from: Teremus
Due to certain restrictions happening in this patch, Pauper was not able to be added to the new format queue screen properly. In the next patch, Pauper will be in this menu for open playability. Don't worry, we know how much it's loved.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:50:51 AM »
Updated matchmaking in Rift Runs so that players with 10 or more wins will be matched against each other much more often.

... such a bad idea, I swears it. Say hello to increased queue times and being matched vs the same person continuously.

My mistake. Say hello to the above, only more than we already have.

Well either I'm right and 'I told you so' becomes my new sig or something, or I'm wrong and its not LAME. Win-win for me.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:52:58 AM by Shimrra3 »
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 08:50:03 AM »
We’ve also updated the look of the cards, particularly down at the bottom of the card. For a long time, it’s been on our hit-list to update the bottom of the cards graphically. Where there was previously flat grey, now there is a proper texture for each faction. We also felt that there was too much text that was rarely game relevant, in-game it’s not needed to see the word ‘common’ or the set name, or set number. We also needed a way to clearly distinguish Core Infinity Wars cards from other cards, now Core cards are labelled ‘Infinity Wars’ while non Core sets have their own branding clearly visible (a contractual obligation, in the case of Star Trek).

I have no problem with removing the rarity text, but now that its gone I find the difference between Common and Uncommon WAY too subtle when you take into account all the different coloured backgrounds they can appear on.

Either create new symbols that are easier to distinguish at a glance, or re-add just a single letter - C,U,R,E,L.

Offline valzyf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »
or re-add just a single letter - C,U,R,E,L.

I was going to suggest this, but was obviously beaten to it, so I'll just add my support.

Offline Noobshock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 10:39:26 AM »
I have no problem with removing the rarity text, but now that its gone I find the difference between Common and Uncommon WAY too subtle when you take into account all the different coloured backgrounds they can appear on.

Agree with this, needs more contrast between the common/uncommon colors, especially on some of those textures.

Also for locked cards the little lock symbol is covering half the rarity thing which makes it harder to read rarity at a glance.
Greasy electronic music right down here:
http://tinyurl.com/nh7jrlg

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »
Also for locked cards the little lock symbol is covering half the rarity thing which makes it harder to read rarity at a glance.

This is something I don't like as well but for a different reason- the "soulbound" padlock is simply an eyesore.
It's too big and it encroaches onto the card's border which makes it look even worse.

Overall though I like the changes in this patch- the cards look so much better.

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »
Now that I've actually seen things, gotta say the new look on the bottom half of the cards is a massive improvement. Hard to do, since the cards have consistently looked amazing, but they're now better again somehow.

(I also see the change in the top-right corner with the resource/morale costs; I had to check Aleta's Archive to remember what the previous iteration looked like, but I actually think the old one is better if only because its more consistent with the top-left corner's shape...)

As others have said, though, the rarity is a tad hard to distinguish (especially Common and Uncommon), AND the soulbound padlock is way more obnoxious than before.

Don't have time for serious drafting at the moment, until then I stand by my above post on the matter.

Oh and foil cards are glitched again. Seems to do this every time there's a visual update. (Only visible in-game and when selected...)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:36:00 PM by Shimrra3 »
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"

Offline zwanglos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 08:20:31 PM »
Some good stuff here, nice work LM.

Hoping to see more attention on bugfixes moving forward. Looking forward to fixes for Lanstead and Infested Cyber Dragon.

Offline valzyf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 08:27:04 PM »
With the ability to now queue for multiple games types at the same time, there needs to be some representation of which type you are actually joining, if you do choose to queue for more than one.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »

(I also see the change in the top-right corner with the resource/morale costs; I had to check Aleta's Archive to remember what the previous iteration looked like, but I actually think the old one is better if only because its more consistent with the top-left corner's shape...)

I suspect the inconsistency is due to the platinum and gold borders not being reshaped to the new design for the resource/morale cost on the card.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline TimetoSplit

• View Profile
Re: [Patch Notes] Version 0.95.6
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 07:04:33 PM »
My fear, now that we no longer have the rarity clearly written on each card, is that new players who aren't familiar with TCG's will end up trading their rares and epics for uncommons and commons, unaware of the difference.  Maybe we should have...an academy mission that describes rarity?  Or a pop-up to explain the rarity levels the first time you unlock a rare, and another one for your first epic, and your first legendary card?

Offline Noobshock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
Very good point. Getting ripped off in trade because you're not aware of different tiers is one thing. Getting ripped off in trade because you're not aware of rarity would be pretty ball-busting for a new player.
Greasy electronic music right down here:
http://tinyurl.com/nh7jrlg

Offline Theoros

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45:14 AM »
I am trying to duel a person on my friends list, and it seems as though I cannot choose a game type, e.g. merged, for the match after this patch applied. Does anyone know how to select the game type when dueling a friend?