Author Topic: "zero damage is still damage"  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Noobshock

• View Profile
"zero damage is still damage"
« on: April 02, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
I'm thinking specifically about the FD Ransacker here, since even disarmed and doing 0 damage he will trigger the 3 damage to support zone.

Teremus explained your philosophy, which is that basically 0 damage is still damage for all intents and purposes. I understand it's convenient from the designer's perspective for a few reasons, but an ability thats says it triggers off damage firing off off 0 damage is pretty counterintuitive (keyword here). The character I immediately thought about to kind of make sense of this idea was the Flame Ram, BUT! the Flame Ram is actually worded differently: "If Flame Ram directly attacks an enemy fortress, it deals 15 damage".

If anything, if the "0 damage is still damage" approach remains as it is, the wording on Ransacker should be changed for clarity. At least the Flame Ram does it right, and doesn't feel counterintuitive even to an inexperienced player.
Greasy electronic music right down here:
http://tinyurl.com/nh7jrlg

Offline Vyltyx

• We are Legion.
    • View Profile
Re: "zero damage is still damage"
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »
this also works for Fleeting Footman, the invincible defender's ability procs when he hits it. According to the coding, they are entering combat, even when the card says instead of entering combat, fleeting retreats to the support zone :/

Honestly, I main DoD, so I almost don't want fleeting footman to change, but I care more about correct syntax.
All the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.

"NQQbz - It has it all!  Noobz, Boobz and QQ'ing.  I win the internet for today." — ChaosAngel

"You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has." — WWKnight

Offline opferunm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
As stated before, there are a lot of inconsistencies regarding fleeting footman; he triggers invincible but doesn't immolate with a brimstone, for example.

Offline nightfreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:25:49 PM »
Immolate only triggers when you deal damage to something.  Fleeting footman doesn't deal any damage.  Therefore he shouldn't trigger immolate damage with brimstone.  That isn't inconsistent at least. :p

Offline Screamindiz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 05:01:10 AM »
I agree.  Damage should be set to 1 or >=1.

Offline Kirrund

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »
Immolate only triggers when you deal damage to something.  Fleeting footman doesn't deal any damage.  Therefore he shouldn't trigger immolate damage with brimstone.  That isn't inconsistent at least. :p

Fleeting Footman however does get Immolated if he blocks an immolating attacker.

Offline Wildblade

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 05:30:42 PM »

Fleeting Footman however does get Immolated if he blocks an immolating attacker.

no he doesnt

Offline Kirrund

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 06:47:48 AM »
He did at one point, I submitted it as a bug, guess it got fixed.

Offline Held

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 05:57:33 PM »
I think they changed something with immolate and fleeting footman some patches ago. With the release of the f.footman my Kali immolated him and killed him by that. But now it does not get immolated.
To the ransacker: I declare myself in favour of changing the text to "when he attacks the enemies fortress [...]"