Author Topic: UI Improvement Suggestions  (Read 12315 times)

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
Re: UI Improvements
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 09:06:21 PM »
I have a suggestion for the Quest window.  I already suggested this in a separate thread, but not many people saw it, I think.  My suggestion is to put the end dates for weekly quests somewhere in the quest log.  I think it would be useful and would eliminate a lot of keeping track of days/guessing.

Offline Cthulhu Girl

• Will bite if provoked
    • View Profile
    • Infinite Network
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 12:57:40 AM »
Original post has been updated to include the latest ideas ;D Thank you everyone for your contributions so far!
Visit my YouTube channel for informative card and deck analysis videos, as well as highlights from my stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/CthulhuGirl00

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 01:55:36 AM »
During the game I would like it if the mouse-wheel was used to bring up the zoomed in view of a card. Then left click could be used to just play the card without having to drag it or click more than once. Right click can be used to bring up a small menu to activate an ability on the card unless someone has a better idea how to use it.

Some might like an option to change it so they just click on a card on the field to start dragging it and click again to drop it instead of using hold to drag.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:02:02 AM by Coolcor »

Offline Cthulhu Girl

• Will bite if provoked
    • View Profile
    • Infinite Network
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 02:34:14 AM »
Updated to include the suggested added by Coolcor and Agrivane :)
Visit my YouTube channel for informative card and deck analysis videos, as well as highlights from my stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/CthulhuGirl00

Offline Agrivane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 03:29:04 AM »
In the trade window - Instead of the 1/3 size window to scroll your own collection, the card view could be a pop-up / overlay centered between the two trading lists above the chat, this could even be done with a mouseover.   the + and - are tiny, perhaps in addition left click would add and right click would remove from anywhere on the line.   

Offline Noobshock

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 03:52:01 AM »
In the trade window - Instead of the 1/3 size window to scroll your own collection, the card view could be a pop-up / overlay centered between the two trading lists above the chat, this could even be done with a mouseover.   the + and - are tiny, perhaps in addition left click would add and right click would remove from anywhere on the line.

omfg yes and yes. ability to better see your own list, card preview maybe centered or elsewhere altogether.
Greasy electronic music right down here:
http://tinyurl.com/nh7jrlg

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
So glad this was stickied :)
Goose got me loose!

Offline Noobshock

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »
In the trade screen, PLEASE display the number of soulbound copies of each card next to the number of tradables (different color, smaller font, whatever is needed to clearly differentiate). Keeping track of everything is pretty hard at this point but even with deckbuilder and collection browsing improvements, it will STILL be useful to clearly see how many copies of each tradable card you have soulbound. At least add a toggle so we can see it if we need to.
Greasy electronic music right down here:
http://tinyurl.com/nh7jrlg

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 02:12:11 AM »
Agreed. I currently have to either use an outside program and keep it up to date as I get cards, or just before a trade take a look through my cards and write down how many soulbounds I have of each to ensure I have cards I can trade away without fear of hurting decks and potential future deck building.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Falkenstein

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 12:24:08 PM »
Hi, one thing I've been thinking about for some time - it would be cool if the player's profile could contain information about the player's nationality. It could be graphical - perhaps a small flag displayed next to the players name or avatar. While this would not be relevant to english-speaking players, I believe there are many who do not have English as their first language, so it would be quite nice if I saw a player's profile in the loading screen and knew I could speak to him in Czech, Slovak or German.
I realize this would have absolutely no gameplay benefit at all - it would be just nice. Also, I believe the flag should be completely optional and up to the player, which flag he picks. Perhaps it could be implemented as a purchasable bonus, something similar to vanity battlefields? :)

Offline Cthulhu Girl

• Will bite if provoked
    • View Profile
    • Infinite Network
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 05:22:03 AM »
Updated to include new ideas from the comments and around the forums ;D

Offline AllenJB

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 06:33:09 AM »
The in-game UI for selecting cards gets quite hard to use when you have lots of cards out. To improve this, I would make the following suggestions:

• Group sets of the same card with the same attack/defense values into a single stack/pile. Overlay text will display how many cards are in the pile (eg. 'x9' for 9 cards)
  • Have a modifier key (eg. Ctrl-Click - modifiable in settings) that will select an entire stack of the same card (to move between zones)
  • Have a modifier key that will bring up a number select so you can select a specific number of cards from a pile
  • I suspect this is more of a bug, but it seems like you can often only select the 'normally visible edge' of a card (the portion of the card that's visible when not hovering over it) for the purposes of targeting/dragging even when you're hovering over and can see the entire card. You should be able to click anywhere on the revealed card.

Other suggestions:

• You should be able to optionally have chat visible all the time. This will probably require some rearrangement of the UI to allow this to happen - I quite like the old UI sidebar I've seen in some videos, but move it to the left.
  • Show a 'discard pile' of cards that have been removed from the game. I should be able to see which cards someone just used abilities such as grave rob on to remove.
  • This may be something that's already in the works, but finding tradeable cards is currently a pain. Either in the deck builder, or a separate screen, have the ability to show all tradeable cards, with the option to filter out cards I don't have at least 3/4 of (inc. soulbound in this count)
  • Ability to export / import decks. Export them either as an (for example) XML file, or perhaps as a link which displays the deck on a section of the website. (An XML export would allow fan sites to implement the latter). When importing a deck it would allow you to import deck configurations with cards you don't have, but list them.
  • Library: Ability to search / browse all available cards, regardless of whether you own them (with same filters as deck builder, plus filters for purchasable sets/decks, the collection the card belongs to and legality - the shop could then link to these so you can better preview sets/decks before buying)
  • Display a list of recently obtained cards - maybe on the deck builder - so I have a reminder of what cards I've obtained (either as rewards or purchases) in the last 24 hours or so.
  • Maybe a bug, but when in the deck builder, the clock drop-down doesn't always clear itself, making it really difficult to select factions. Perhaps if this is a persistent bug, move the clock elsewhere on the menu bar (eg. left of 'help') so atleast it's not in the way
  • Allow players to examine the board at the end of the winning turn (currently it goes straight to the final score screen) - sometimes you want to check what happened or examine a card the other player got out on the last turn and currently it's not possible.
  • Ability to see a list of purchases on the account (at least those with LP) - how much was spent, when and on what items
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:14:30 PM by AllenJB »

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »
What if premium cards will have a counter of how many of them exist in the game? Maybe not for all of them since premium commons still be very... well, common. But some combinations are very rare or, after some point, could be even unique (end of preorders, sets rotation, limited sets of cards with an alternative art and so on). I think for traders and especially for collectors could be quite interesting and usefull to see, that in the whole game exist only 5 copies of a card (and there never will be more for various reasons).

It also will help to determine price of a card on the market for those players who aren't pay much attention to trade channel but who were lucky enough to get something like gold-foil Zomborg in a draft/booster. Especially if in the game will be an auction house with possibility to trade cards for IP\LP and\or secondary market with trading for the real money.

I suppose it could be not easiest feature to do, since it could demand a lot of calculations for the server but maybe in the future... Or these calculations could be made not in the real time but once in an hour or a day.

At last, feature like that could be implemented only in a digital game which is one of the selling point of the Infinity Wars :)
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 10:44:40 AM »
Not sure if this is a UI thing exactly but ive always felt that Gold and Plat bordered token generators should produce tokens with borders according to what generated them. So a gold scouting mission would produce 3 gold scouting drones. And a plat rita would produce plat worshipper tokens.
Goose got me loose!

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »
So we're going to leave foils out of the Token Generation love? :(

Anyways, I think it'd be nice to know how many of a given premium card exists so I know when I have something that is worth a pretty penny. XD
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.