Author Topic: UI Improvement Suggestions  (Read 12661 times)

Offline Arcanereaper

• Translator
  • Do or do not, there is no try..
    • View Profile
Re: UI Improvement Suggestions
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2016, 11:43:18 AM »
I would like to bring this topic up to the list. Specially what Cthulhu Girl mentioned 2 years ago about the UI.
I like the game play very much, not to mention the card desing and animations, they are the best a TCG can offer to my belief, but the UI graphics in general I don't like so much. They give this feeling of being in low quality or old.
I think that if the UI could be reworked to look more refined and nice, It would be a great deal to bring new players. Unfortyunately we always give our first judgement on the looks.

Also, I would like to see the card collection browser redone. May be it could be useful to take some UI desing ideas from games like Hearthstone or Chronicle Runescape Legends. Their UI's are very pulished and pleasant to the eye. Having the collection in a book "like" tab separated by faction makes it very confortable to search and deck building.

As always, I hope the best for this game I like so much. Every comment I do is because I think this game is way better than all the online TCG's out there and I wish more people play it.

Best regards, GG & HF!

Offline Arcanereaper

• Translator
  • Do or do not, there is no try..
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2016, 11:56:03 AM »
One more thing I almost forget, I think it would be a good idea to include some video or animation describing some of the lore when playing for the first time.

Something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EfuhVQSoY0

I think is a good way to better involve the player with the characters and the story. The campaign should take after this video giving more depth into special characters and factions.

One final suggestion, the voice acting in the campaign feels to robotic, without feeling on the characters. Like if someone were reading the lines streigh up.

Offline gagaking

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »
I know it has been a long time since anyone has posted in this thread, but I didn’t see any of these suggestions below, and I am still willing to believe the mods have a chance of looking at some of these and maybe doing something about them.

I have either had problems with these, or heard other people complain about them in game:

New Suggestions:

1) Make counters (such as on Tome of the Dead much bigger, or show up on the enlarged card when it is clicked on/hovered over. It can be hard to know how many counters are on the card unless you have been keeping track.

2) Allow cards in your opponents hand that are visible (through cards such as Tower of Truth) to be enlarged when hovered over. It can be very hard to see them sometimes, which stops some of the effect.

3) Add an option so that holding down the mouse will slowly advance through the turns animations, instead of having to click for every action that happened in that turn before you can make any moves for the next turn.

4) Clicking on an opponent’s avatar in a match brings up their chat window. Sometimes you accidentally x-out of the chat box, and don’t know how to reopen it (Not everyone knows about the [/w "name of player"  "message”] method).

5) Make global chat shortcuts more obvious to players. Possibly by putting them in System Chat. (ex: [/w "name of player"  "message”] to message a player who isn’t a friend.

6) Allowing keyboard up/down/left/right commands to sort through decks in deck builder and constructed, and through items in the inventory. This is already in place for deck builder, why not these other modes as well?

7)  Be able to sort inventory items into folders, open multiple items at once, or at least not have the inventory menu reset each time an item is opened. Personally, I don’t care about the free commons and uncommons I get from logging in each week, and they, and a few other items, take up spots in my inventory that make it much harder to get to the item I actually want to open. When I am trying to open a lot of items, this gets especially frustrating.

8 ) Make the “Help” button at the top instead say “Help/Report a Bug”.

Suggestions restating other posters earlier in the thread:

1) Be able to have multiple chat windows open at once, and not having your current text deleted when transitioning to/from a match.

2) Allow a single or group of decks to be marked as “favorites”. Then let these decks show up first in constructed every time.

3) Be able to select multiple decks for constructed, and have the game randomly choose one of the decks for you to use when a match starts. Somewhat similarly to what used to be possible when there were multiple game modes (I miss merged…).

4) Be able to see multiple rows of cards in deck builder at once. Even 2 rows would be very helpful.

5) Make the “Invite to Trade” and “Invite to Game” buttons on the chat boxes bigger, or include them in the chat boxes instead of putting them on top of them.

6) Add an indicator in other player’s (open) chat windows that indicates whether they are online, in a match, or free for trade/game invites.

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »
Make combat zones look "damaged" when a lot of cards died in that zone.
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han