Author Topic: Primal Rage questions!  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Berabouman

• View Profile
Primal Rage questions!
« on: March 26, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »
I don't have mine yet, and I was curious, so...

1. Can you use it with sacrifice effects? It does say "die" so sacrifices should count right?

2. In order to kill a creature with Primal Rage on it, you would need to Death Ray it twice right?

I had a third question but I can't remember what it was now. Oh well.

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
Re: Primal Rage questions!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »
I believe it says "The next time it would die from damage" so neither of those would work.  Sorry!
-DefenestratedCow
Edit: Also, I don't think sacrifices count as dying anyways.  They don't cause morale loss, they don't buff death worshippers, etc.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:01:10 AM »
Primal Rage is only due to damage effects, thus it's only good for surviving a Lightning Blast, Firebolt, Yuanshi's Wrath, Heat Wave, and other similar effects outside of normal combat. I can see this being really useful as an extra hit on an Unstoppable character, however, which is pretty nasty on it's own. All in all, I can see this card being very useful, and giving WP another card to include in their decks beside Fight!, Untapped Wilderness, and Character cards.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline TimetoSplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »
Yeah Primal Rage will combo with a lot of stuff quite nicely.  Martyr Golem, Spirit of the Ancient Guardians, anything with Unstoppable, Invincible Defender (more morale damage), immolate characters (ensuring that more of your opponent's cards become immolated), hydra, infect creatures (especially the dragon), Consume, Defiant Hermit, or ridiculous plays like Primal Rage onto your Aspirant into Winds of War or something strange like that. :)

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
You've made me want a full set of these cards now. :P
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Tony8808

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 04:53:53 AM »
I've tried comboing primal rage with mammoth in a bot battle and the mammoth does not go for another attack after dying for the first time in combat against a character it killed. It just survives with 1 hp and the next card in line attacks.

Does anyone else have results to the contrary and is this intended behavior?

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »
This definitely sounds like it's not intended.  I'd file a bug report if I were you.

Offline Screamindiz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 04:55:18 AM »
I can confirm that survival from primal rage does indeed stop unstoppable.

Offline Swiftwynd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 10:14:51 AM »
It should prevent death effects not just combat damage,  so if it isnt please bug report it. The text was changed from the preview so it intentional.

Offline chaosangel2112

• Fire for Effect!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »
Prima rage does not bestow and extra life upon splitter bot or unstable bomb bot nuking itself.

I believe it is because card text trumps extras.  It also leads me to wonder about 'Rage interactions with cyberinfested, soulsellers -1/-1, infected monk/purifier, resolute knight and sub dragon.

Offline chaosangel2112

• Fire for Effect!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:08 PM »
I believe it says "The next time it would die from damage" so neither of those would work.  Sorry!
-DefenestratedCow
Edit: Also, I don't think sacrifices count as dying anyways.  They don't cause morale loss, they don't buff death worshippers, etc.

Yet sac'ing zombies to summoner of the deep boosts zomb scavenger.  Have not tested this with secluded yet.

Offline Qarnij

• Gimme your golds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 11:15:38 PM »
Primal does not work with unstoppable characters currently. I am guessing it currently works like this : character dies, then revives with 1 health, thus stopping the unstoppable effect (that sounded weird).
Also, Primal Rage currently does not persist after the turn it was cast, something that the wording suggests otherwise.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »
I gave it a go. It does not stop sacrifice effects from going off. It does, however, reduce the affected character's health to 1 before the character is sacrificed, so don't use it to buff something before having secluded eat it.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
-DefenestratedCow

It does not say "(...) it would die from damage (...)", it just says "(...) The next time it would die, (...)."
Yet another card that puffed me over (wanted to dodge Tome of the Dead).

As to sacrificing: Resolve of the Dragon mentions dying to sacrifice effects and that it doesn't trigger on those specidic deaths.
Primal Rage doesn't trigger on sacrifice deaths (which, of course, it doesn't mention).

Offline Held

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
[...]
Dying include sacrifices. It triggers effects like the one from wrapped swarmer and zombie scavanger. But "sacrifice" is not a "kill", so one does not loose moral. And the text of the Death worshipper reads: "Whenever an enemy character dies without being sacrificed, Verore Death Worshipper gets +2/+2"