Author Topic: Riftrunner's Guide to the Galaxy  (Read 33033 times)

Offline chaosangel2112

• Fire for Effect!
    • View Profile
Re: Riftrunner's Guide to the Galaxy
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »
When I get a chance I am going to do a new Real Time Rift Run with the new ascension set.  (Ya know since I coined the term and all that. ;))

If my technology skills are up to date I might try to record it and I need to get with Knightmare to do a draft card analysis.  Hopefully, work constraints allowing, I/we can get these done in a timely fashion.

Offline MzudemX

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »
Would someone mind updating the tables with Ascension? Thanks! :)

I need some time for testing the new set. I am on it but world cup and BBQ's getting in the way XD

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2014, 03:52:30 AM »
Are you gonna update the table?
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline MzudemX

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
Are you gonna update the table?

Just did it!
Didn't have time to test all of the cards, so some rateings may change.
As allways, if you see something you think I am wrong about, let me know so we can get the discussion going.

Happy rifting!

wham

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 03:09:54 PM »
I took a look at the verore and factionless

My thoughts:
-move alpha one from usually bad to good. his damage reduction ability can destroy an attack zone if you have a turn to buff him.
-move shikana into best
-tech knight is below average or even bad
-switch oblivion and subjugated dragon. Because of random picks I doubt anybody will able to draft enough spells to play oblivion reliably.
-hydra is not a rare card
-pras is below average

Offline MzudemX

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
I took a look at the verore and factionless

My thoughts:
-move alpha one from usually bad to good. his damage reduction ability can destroy an attack zone if you have a turn to buff him.
-move shikana into best
-tech knight is below average or even bad
-switch oblivion and subjugated dragon. Because of random picks I doubt anybody will able to draft enough spells to play oblivion reliably.
-hydra is not a rare card
-pras is below average

I didn't do an update for the small patch, so there are some cards that could use a promotion.
-I could see Alpha one in the avarge slot but he is still a giant resource sink, but he isnt on scramble level anymore.
-Shikana needs a promotion. Maybe not best but it is devenetly better then where it is right now.
-Oblivion is increadably strong and a great winning condition. It's hard to rate cause it depends where in the draft you are able to pick it up. In my experience you end up with about 20 ability cards in a 3 purity Cov draft anyway. If you can pick it up befor 21 pick you are able to pick around it. As a last pick you have to see if you can make it work or not. I'd say with 23+ ability cards you should be fine.
-you right about tech knight. I will move him to below average but on the other hand I is still better then balanced warrior.
-pras is gets a lot of flak and ofc there are mostlikely better picks but he is better than people think he is, expecialy with a way to charge him in and the combination of his factions give you at least to ways of doing this. If you can hit the fortress with him once and kill of a commander he is worth the cost. If you cant charge him in he at least makes the next moves of your opponent very predictable cause getting hit by him in the face isn't an option. Given his faction combination you wont see him that often anyway. Let's just say in a deck that goes more for the CoV haevy he is below average and for a deck that is more on the FD side he is average.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:50:41 PM by MzudemX »

Offline Antitheos

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »
Awesome!

Reading this already helped me a lot.

One thing whoch could provide better readability and visualize the fact that some card values are strongly dependent on certain combo cards (e.g. Bad Bot) or many cards of a certain sort (e.g. Oblivion, Verore Brute):

Give every card his own row, but merge the entries over the range of value, if it's value changes strongly if you have certain other cards.
The color can indicate, which sort of dependency it has.
White background (black frame) can be used for mostly unindependent cards.
You can also use  colors (or frames) to indicate if this rating changes for this character as a commander.

So new players can see which cards can be picked almost all the time and which should be comboed to be useful.

If you have this much time at hand, that is.^^

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 12:52:22 AM »
While this guide does have a lot of useful information, much of it is outdated or no longer relevant, specifically the card rankings which don't include Oppression or Order and are ancient and do not account for buffs/nerfs to older cards.

Also some of the rankings are just incorrect - Protector of the Dead better than Infested Hulker? One of Many better than Fight?

Is there any chance of this being updated with current card lists? If not I might suggest this becomes unstickied after the release of whatever set is next, or over time it will confuse new Rifters more than it will aid them.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »
Im currently working on updating and consolidating all the rift guides into a single guide
Goose got me loose!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 01:02:16 AM »
Im currently working on updating and consolidating all the rift guides into a single guide

Sounds good - when that is completed I would suggest that this is unstickied and the new guide is stickied in its place.