Author Topic: Lots of miscellaneous templating/balance suggestions  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Huggme

• View Profile
Re: Lots of miscellaneous templating/balance suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
Hi, enjoying the game so far, been playing for a few weeks.
I have a long history of TCGs, I draw my conclusions from previous experience and my analytical RL skills.

Cards that are in my opinion a bit too much considering rift runs and should be tuned down a little bit, in no particular order:
Aleta,  Immortal Tinkerer
Aleta, immortal caretaker
Daode, sage of strength
Matriarch
Splitter robot

Just my few cents, I am sure that haters are gonna hate.

Offline worldnamer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 02:42:51 AM »
Defiant Hermit breaks Flame Dawn.

I suggest it be changed in some way. Idunno what the best way is, but at the moment, I don't see how a Flame Dawn deck can win against it, ever.

My initial thought on a fix would be to just keep it from being a commander. It's a great card, but if you can use it turn 2, it takes FD apart at the seams.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 09:13:12 PM »
Certain decks will have bad match-ups. It's a given. Flame Dawn is also currently rarely run as a 3 purity due to not having any good 3 purity cards, so they could add a splash that can deal with said character or, if all else fails, run an assassinate or 2. If they are running it in command, chances are they aren't running any in deck, at least not yet.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Atelierista

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:58 AM »
Well since this was necro-ed recently, i'll put in my 2 cents ^_^.

Great read, agree with almost everything you mentioned, especially Alpha One, his description is about as clear as muddy water in a swamp filled with snakes experiencing a thunderstorm.

I do disagree with Meditating Monk though.

Meditating Monk - His description now is pretty alright. The suggested change: 'At the end of the turn, if there are no characters in an opponent's assault zone'. The Monk shouldn't get his buff as long as an attack was made, but the change would make it seem that he would get a buff if an attack was made and the attacker dies, leaving the assault zone clear.

Other than that, its a pretty great read :). Felt like there was some nitpicking, but it was for the purpose of consistency across the cards so that's great i guess :). (Personally i wouldn't care if there was a 'you' in front of draw a card, but for consistency's sake i suppose ^_^).

Offline worldnamer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
Certain decks will have bad match-ups. It's a given. Flame Dawn is also currently rarely run as a 3 purity due to not having any good 3 purity cards, so they could add a splash that can deal with said character or, if all else fails, run an assassinate or 2. If they are running it in command, chances are they aren't running any in deck, at least not yet.

The fact that people don't run triple purity decks for Flame Dawn is reflective more of the sad state of the faction than it is of the meta. Assassinate is turn five or six, and asking FD to wait for six turns to get going is equivalent to conceding. There are no viable solutions for Flame Dawn versus a Hermit Commander, and the rest of the deck seems pretty solid against a lot of other decks.

For fun, try playing against a standard Hermit, Aleta, beasts deck and construct any pure Flame Dawn deck you want. Play a hundred games of it. If you win thirty of them, I was wrong. I'm not certain, but I'm guessing it's just as bad with a two-purity FD deck.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
Starfleet Ensign: If Starfleet Ensign Would...

'Would' is wrongly capitalised.

Offline zekses

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 08:42:20 PM »
Yobo should raise morale based on the amount of creatures you have. More creatures, more happiness that he is gone