Author Topic: 0.94.5 patch notes and Exile Changes  (Read 4893 times)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
0.94.5 patch notes and Exile Changes
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:45:14 AM »
Patch Notes

It's no secret that since our release on Steam, Infinity Wars has been booming! We want to thank all our fans which have been with us, and all our new fans for making Infinity Wars a success!

Today's patch contains less fixes than normal, simply because over the last week we've been patching many fixes directly to Live as we find issues with the huge influx of new players, which required fixes to go out immediately. This patch contains all the data for Infestation, which will be going live 12:01 Saturday 22nd (IWT). Don't forget to get your preorders in before then, it will be the last chance to get get Platinum-bordered Infestation cards!

Included in Infestation is a major rework for the Exiles faction, which includes reworks to existing Exile cards. With these changes, we expect the Exiles to become a much more viable and fun faction, and look forward to feedback.

Change Log:

Fixed an issue that caused campaign progress not to be saved after playing a PvP game.

Fixed an issue with restarting a single player mission.

Issues that are still under investigation:

There are still issues with being able to purchase LP on both clients. Please follow this link to resolve this problem:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257730/discussions/0/540733523920582677/

There are still issues with some players experiencing the problems of being unable to connect when trying to log in. If this is affecting you please do the following WITHOUT closing your client beforehand. Make sure it stays open.

Right click IW in your library on steam, hit properties - local files - browse local files - open Infinity Wars_TCG Data

Make a copy of Output_Log.txt and attach it in an e-mail to Marketing@lightmare.com.au with a statement of what error message you saw.

Rift Run selection screens freezing and being generally slow. Just re-log until you see it working, it saves your progress.

Randomly seeing 0 XP/IP gains for matches. Be assured that you do gain the points but they're being credited to your account when you play a match later on, which is the glitch.

Thanks for being a part of the beta everyone, we'll continue working our hardest to expel the bugs, optimize the server connections, and improve the overall quality of our Beta. See you on the battlefield everyone! ~Teremus

Exiles Changes

Exiles changes

New keywords

Exile x: When a character with exile x is discarded, it can be played to the field for x at the start of the next turn.

Plunder x: When a character with plunder x hits the opponent's fortress, you may draw x cards.

Bloodthirst X: This character gains x/x while in combat with another character.

Card changes

Cresill the mad: Cresil is now a three purity card which costs 4 to play. Cresil can be played for an exile cost of 2. Cresill's stats have been readjusted to 10/7.

Demonic Disciple is now a 4/4, 1 cost character with Exile 1. When Demonic disciple is played to the field from his exile effect, he becomes a 6/6 demon.

Devil of Despair: Now has an activated ability. Discard one random card: Devil of Despair is moved to the assault zone and gains +3/+3 until the end of the turn. Activate this ability only while on the battlefield.

Nysrugh the Hungry: Nysrugh now dies when a character is not sacrificed instead of switching control. Nysrugh has had his stats and cost brought down to 10/9 for a 4 cost.

Ritual master: Ritual master has been reworked. Ritual master now has an activated ability in replace of his old effect. Pay 1, Exhaust: Discard one card at random and give all characters you control +1/+1.

Splatter: Splatter is now a character, "Splatterer". Splatterer has an activated ability. Discard one random card: Splatterer gains Plunder 2 until the end of the turn. Activate this ability only while on the battlefield.

Gather the Weak: Gather the Weak now creates three demonic disciples in your hand, instead of creating tokens in the support zone.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Swylli

• View Profile
Re: 0.94.5 patch notes and Exile Changes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:11:10 PM »
The Thing with Devil of Despair is, when you have him in command zone, got 3 Resources, you can play him out - use his ability and redo the step to put him back into command zone, while his ability is activated - so pay no resources to get him into the field. If got 3 of him (since not unique) you can play all with 3 resources. (Of course, thats a bug i noticed, while trying him out :x)

Probably doesnt fit in here, but.. it gets read faster in here, i suppose.

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:48:33 PM »
Don't forget random freezes, crashes and game entering an endless resolve phase.

Offline cenobyte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 05:30:08 PM »
I had problems when I wanted to place an order that my I received a popup "contacting payement providers ..." and nothing happened. After disabling UAC under windows 7 a browser was opened and I was able to continue my purchase. Hope this info can help out others
- Love Breeds Suicide -

Offline JumpToTheLeft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »
"Rift Run selection screens freezing and being generally slow. Just re-log until you see it working, it saves your progress."

It is much quicker to go to Campaign, start a battle, and return to menu.  This gives the same effect for Rift Run as re-logging into your account.

Offline chaosangel2112

• Fire for Effect!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:12:31 PM »
^^^wrong thread maybe?  (Last three posts)

I for one am excited about the exiles rework.  Nice going LM, I've been waiting for some card control/graveyard manipulation(not involving *sigh* zombies), awesome mechanics. :)

P.s.  Still think splatterer is a bit weak.....you guys came up with stuff like subjugated dragon, harbinger, behemoth and (my fav!) Give Him a Jet Pack!(so much better than the nine million tcgs flight spins, plus the dude getting the jet pack animation is puffing fantastic).  Splatterer just seems a bit.....forced.

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »
Well well am I the only one who doesn't like the rework? Tried a deck and with the new ritual master im feeling like a worker drone. Doing always the discard with the ritual master every turn I'm doing the same.  We'll see if things change if the other factions get madness (ups) exile too.

On a side note: It seems to me, that only one character with exile can be played from the graveyard per turn. 
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline DeathBySnuSnu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
The only changes that I do not like are to Ritual Master and Gather the Weak. Those cards were fine the way they were and fit the theme of the Exiles. Unless they are planning on releasing cards with the same abilities in the new set, I feel that there is a missing mechanic now not having the ability to sacrifice creatures for effects other than in Genesis which it doesn't really seem to fit in as it stands.

Offline NikP1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
I think that the exiles as a faction are much better now, but that they've lost pretty much all splash-ability except in a select couple of cases (unending drones (maybe?) and sleepers). Maybe it would be a bit more usable with other factions if you could prioritize discarding Exile cards.

Offline Kindran

• May Death's cold grasp deem you worthy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »
I think that the exiles as a faction are much better now, but that they've lost pretty much all splash-ability except in a select couple of cases (unending drones (maybe?) and sleepers). Maybe it would be a bit more usable with other factions if you could prioritize discarding Exile cards.

They splash well with Verore, Flame Dawn and Genesis. Granted, Verore splashes extremely well with any faction.  ;D
Death's Demise shall arise when Life's Creation nullifies.

Offline Morgg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »
I dont know why they would remove Splatter.
Was it too strong?
I think the card offerd many options and fitted to the exile concept. Splatterer on the other hand is.... just not as good as Splatter?

Offline DeathBySnuSnu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 04:45:45 PM »
I dont know why they would remove Splatter.
Was it too strong?
I think the card offerd many options and fitted to the exile concept. Splatterer on the other hand is.... just not as good as Splatter?

The "PLUNDER" ability is supposed to be similar to the "Thieving Magpie" ability from MtG without the discard component...

Thieving Magpie 2BlueBlue (4)
Creature — Bird (1/3)
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
Whenever Thieving Magpie deals damage to an opponent, draw a card.

What made this card good and the Splatterer NOT is that it has no evasion of any kind to make it a scary. It can be chump blocked all day and since it is two purity, it cant be splashed. It is probably one of the worst cards and no reason whatsoever to play as it is.

As it stands you discard a card at random which is bad to activate, then if you do not discard an exile card, it gets Death Ray'd, Called Shot'd, Stumbled, chump blocked, Exhausted, Demon of Fear'd. You get the idea.

It would be better as a smaller, more fragile creature with flying, or have haste, Unstoppable,  or a similar mechanic or evasion ability.

Splatter as the ability was one of the few direct removal spells that the Exiles had before the new set. Not seeing all the cards yet, I do not know if they get any other. It was not any more over powered than Death Ray. The you lost card advantage and board position because it is a 2 cards for 1 card trade.