Author Topic: Small Lore Question  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Ankfisk

• View Profile
Small Lore Question
« on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »
We all Know the lore behind the 5 factions. But what about the Factionless? What's the lore behind them? (Yay for random thoughts)

WWKnight

Re: Small Lore Question
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:36:18 PM »
Collateral Damage.  Those who got caught up in the crossfire, and are trying to make the most of it.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Offline Ankfisk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »
Emanuel, That's the lore for Sleepers of Avarrach (Or what name they will get in the end) Not the factionless x)
And WWKnight, How did they get caught up in the war then? Are they from "smaller" worlds where rifts opened up aswell?

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »
Factionlesss is probably the world you are starting in.
They are also called the "Artifacts"

Basically all starting player will get a factionless deck(ie. Artificat Starting deck) then each player will slowly align themselves with the respective factions and draw strength from them.

Offline Ankfisk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:45:15 PM »
Oh, Thanks Koey ^^'' Assuming that's correct- That really answered my question.

WWKnight

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »
Not all factionless are artifacts, and we were told to consider factionless like MTG's Artifacts for ease of reference.

Factionless people could come from any and every world.  Take Genesis Industries for example.  They may be the biggest faction on that world, but it doesnt mean everyone in it is part of that faction.  So Conscripted Militia could be a bunch of people who have teamed up with Genesis Industries (in your deck) because without them, they would just be tiny little bugs to be stepped on by a Skraar.

Offline Synnym

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »
Mercenaries, baby!

Offline Michael Saniyan

• The furry brony without a Facebook account
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 03:25:37 PM »
That's pretty much my take on it as well, the Factionless being things and people from all over without any alignment or loyality to a faction. Also, it'd be cool if they had a better collective named than the Factionless.
"Lift me beyond the realm of men, so that I may never have to suffer through their lies again." - Angelify

WWKnight

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 03:28:35 PM »
I think they should be called Mercenaries, myself.

Offline J-Boy85

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
Mercenaries OR...

Parallel worlds that didn't amass a faction capable of invasion, they're resources other factions plunder or are contested realities, maybe even general populations like civilians who didn't mkae the grade for Flame Dawn's army.

Offline Ingram IronFist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
By the look of it 'Factionless' 'Mercenaries' 'Artifacts' 'Civilian' 'Uninitiated' (all possible names) will be the starting point and faction gap filler. So I would sagest they be given minimal lore of their own so they can be merged into whatever faction the player wants them to without clashing with the lore from that faction.

on a second note I would divide all factionless cards into category's.  That would alow them to have some basic overarching lore so have them divided into say Tech, Civilian and Mercenary.